• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8772 users

[Interview] MSL Ro32 Group B Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
December 16 2010 22:24 GMT
#1
All translations were done by Selith. I merely created the thread for him

(Z)Jaedong

[image loading]
It was shocking news for me that Flash was eliminated


Any thoughts about qualifying to Ro16 for 5 seasons in a row?
▲ I don't feel anything special because I thought that I should make it to Ro16 anyway. I think I still have a long way to go, however.

Your rival, (T)Flash, got eliminated in Group A.
▲ As I watched the Group A matches, I imagined that such a thing could happen to me. Even just imagining it was horrifying. It was shocking for me to see (T)Flash eliminated, but due to that, I was able to focus fully on my matches.

It might be a little bit of "great relief" and "disappointed" with rival being eliminated so early.
▲ With the opponent that I've always faced in the finals gone, instead of being disappointed, I feel a little weird. But, I only made it to Ro16, and I still got a long way to go. I must climb much higher. Therefore, it is little too early to think about who I will face in the finals.

Preparation should have been easier due to there being 3 Protoss in your group.
▲ While I feel I had some advantage with me being Zerg, I certainly can't think of this being very easy, because all the opponents are well-known, strong Protoss players. Thankfully, with many Proleague maps being used, the preparation was certainly smoother.

Did you have the confidence to be the 1st place in your group?
▲ I expected that I would make it 2-0, and I had confidence matching that expectation. I've prepared for this for a long time. Although, I had a full schedule and with the team having a bad record, I wasn't able to invest much time in the MSL preparation recently. Despite that, I think all the practice I did prior has shown itself to be fruitful. I hope that remains the case for the remaining MSL matches.

You said you wanted to show vs. Protoss, are you satisfied with today's plays?
▲ I think I have shown that well with my style today. I have shown some improvisations here and there as usual, and I have played with the same mindset that I had when I practiced. Instead of any special preparation, I played according to what the opponent played. So, I have the desire to show more plays -- especially vs. Protoss.

What do you think of the new map, Dante's Peak?
▲ I got used to the map pretty fast, and it seems it is just a normal army strength oriented map. I like it.

Is your goal this season, winning, as usual?
▲ Of course, but I believe it's important that I do my very best every match to win. I think I won't regret later if I do my very best every match instead of just thinking about being the winner of this MSL.

Who do you want to face in Ro 16, out of (T)fOrGG, (P)PerfectMan, (Z)HoGiL, and (T)Midas?
▲ In any case, I do want to avoid PerfectMan since he's my teammate, and as for the rest, it doesn't really matter to me whom I face. I do think it might be a good chance to close in the win-loss ratio between (T)fOrGG and me though (laugh).

Any last comments?
▲ I have a full schedule still. The Starleague match tomorrow is very important, and I also have to do well in the Proleague due to our team's records, so I will have to prepare diligently. For the fans who come to cheer for me even though it's freezing out there, I will do my best to show only the great plays from me. I want to say thanks to them, and that they don't catch cold.


(P)Snow

[image loading]
I will give a proper signed T-Shirt


This is your first time making it to Ro16. Any comments?
▲ It feels really great, and I will put forth more effort so I can achieve even more.

How did you prepare for today's matches?
▲ I prepared around vs. Protoss because I didn't get to practice much for vs. Zerg. So, I focused more on the first match rather than thinking about the final matches.

You lost to (Z)Jaedong in the winner's match. Was it disappointing?
▲ It really was, because I lost without being able to do anything. I had to sit down and think a lot about vs. Zerg plays after the game.

With your recent records being poor, you must have gone to "do or die" mode today.
▲ I really wanted to win badly nowadays, so I practice a lot right now. While I practice, I think back to the days when I used to win a lot more.

What do you think is different compared to the days when you used to do well?
▲ I'm pretty sure something has changed for me to lose like this, but right now, I'm not quite sure what's wrong. I think I should try to find out what as quickly as possible.

Do you think you'll still have the same confidence when facing (P)free?
▲ I used to be very afraid of (P)free. I did few games with him, and I lost all of them. But, I managed to win today, so I guess it has improved a bit at least.

You showed continued harassment while keeping up your defenses in the first match.
▲ The basis of my play is made around harassment rather than brute force. So, I played as I normally did, and it worked out pretty well. That's why I made speed boosted shuttles in the last match. While harassment didn't work out so well, luckily, I was able to make a good push. I feel that it was a good choice.

Who do you wish to challenge in Ro16?
▲ I want to do some vs. Terran. I am hungry for them, in fact! (laugh) I feel that I haven't been doing my best, so I really want to meet a Terran.

Any last comments?
▲ I have to say this. After winning, I gave away t-shirts, but I wasn't so sure what to do. Everybody wanted one but there are only two shirts. I am sorry for those who didn't get them, and that they will be understanding because I didn't do a proper signing because I don't have one yet. I just wrote down my ID ((P)Snow) based on how (P)Movie does his signature. I did that because I was too nervous. To those who got the shirts today, if they bring them next time, I will do a proper sign on them for sure (laugh).
( ・´ー・`)
Finskie
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden412 Posts
December 16 2010 22:29 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation!
Violet.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 16 2010 22:34 GMT
#3
thanks for the translation! good to see snow making the ro.16
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
CoWsGoesMoo
Profile Joined June 2010
250 Posts
December 16 2010 22:44 GMT
#4
woot thanks for translating. I'm happy Snow made it to ro16 he deserves it more than free. ^^
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9375 Posts
December 16 2010 22:45 GMT
#5
Thank you!
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
December 16 2010 22:50 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translations. Snow played really nice today, hope he continues!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 16 2010 22:55 GMT
#7
free is slumping big time
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
December 16 2010 22:57 GMT
#8
I was cheering for Free, I believe he actually has a chance of winning the MSL, unlike Snow.

And Jaedong is, without a shadow of a doubt, the favorite to win the entire thing.
KamMoye
Profile Joined December 2010
United States721 Posts
December 16 2010 23:05 GMT
#9
Jaedong's mindset is great. rofl @ the forGG comment.

the comments about not a lot of preparation worry me though.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
December 16 2010 23:13 GMT
#10
snow so cute <3

and wowwtf forGG at 4-1 against dong O_O
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
December 16 2010 23:13 GMT
#11
JD.

MSL

IT'S YOURS

TAKE IT
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
December 16 2010 23:17 GMT
#12
On December 17 2010 08:13 Conversion wrote:
snow so cute <3

and wowwtf forGG at 4-1 against dong O_O


1. They were teammates. Games between teammates are always unpredictable.

2. Most of those games were played when nobody had figured out how to defeat ForGG's timing yet.

3. ForGG is actually really fucking good.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
December 16 2010 23:23 GMT
#13
On December 17 2010 08:17 Mortality wrote:3. ForGG is actually really fucking good at TvZ.


fixed for accuracy. ForGG has one of the better TvZs out there, actually. Probably came from practicing with Jaedong... but now he has KT zergs to practice with @_____@
Writer
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
December 16 2010 23:44 GMT
#14
hahaha (P)Snow

Copying the (P)Movie signature and just writing (P)Snow

that's (T)Classic
Jaedong plz
IAttackYou
Profile Joined August 2010
United States330 Posts
December 16 2010 23:53 GMT
#15
god was defeated today....
I'm not a nub, I'm gosu of tomorrow
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
December 17 2010 00:07 GMT
#16
On December 17 2010 08:53 IAttackYou wrote:
god was defeated today....

r u referring to flash?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Zaxro
Profile Joined November 2009
United States261 Posts
December 17 2010 00:38 GMT
#17
On December 17 2010 08:17 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2010 08:13 Conversion wrote:
snow so cute <3

and wowwtf forGG at 4-1 against dong O_O


1. They were teammates. Games between teammates are always unpredictable.

2. Most of those games were played when nobody had figured out how to defeat ForGG's timing yet.

3. ForGG is actually really fucking good.

Just as some evidence of this in the Arena MSL (the one ForGG won by beating Jaedong 3-0 in the finals) he beat FLash 3-1 in the semifinals. During Arena MSL ForGG was fucking amazing (he also beat Kal 3-2 during that MSL)

Link for Arena MSL Games

Thanks for the translations Selith. I'm glad JD got through, but it would be interesting to have a finals with neither Flash nor Jaedong. Also I'm sad Free didn't make it but it's nice to see a new face in the Ro16 with Snow
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 17 2010 00:44 GMT
#18
On December 17 2010 08:53 IAttackYou wrote:
god was defeated today....


No he's still in the MSL dunno what your smoking.
When I think of something else, something will go here
zenMaster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada761 Posts
December 17 2010 00:51 GMT
#19
On December 17 2010 08:17 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2010 08:13 Conversion wrote:
snow so cute <3

and wowwtf forGG at 4-1 against dong O_O


1. They were teammates. Games between teammates are always unpredictable.

2. Most of those games were played when nobody had figured out how to defeat ForGG's timing yet.

3. ForGG is actually really fucking good.

I'm sure the Tyrant will destroy that floppy frogg nowadays.
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
December 17 2010 00:52 GMT
#20
On December 17 2010 09:44 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2010 08:53 IAttackYou wrote:
god was defeated today....


No he's still in the MSL dunno what your smoking.


Hahahahahahaha, insult to injury for the Flash fans.
secret - never again
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 160
-ZergGirl 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1473
Hyuk 223
910 84
Yoon 51
Bale 29
NotJumperer 21
ZergMaN 21
yabsab 14
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 601
Reynor60
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor276
Other Games
summit1g6954
WinterStarcraft405
PiGStarcraft243
Sick240
C9.Mang0230
Livibee149
ceh9126
Happy46
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick607
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Stunt507
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 24m
Stellar Fest
6h 24m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.