• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8414 users

[Interview] MST Group 11 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 19:38:50
December 02 2010 11:12 GMT
#1
Today, the two advancing players are...

[image loading]

Killer!

Reflections on reaching the MSL for the first time?
Killer: I'm so happy to finally make the MSL. I have been a professional gamer for three years now, and every year I've played in the preliminaries over and over. Now, I've finally made it into the MSL main, and I am very happy. Now that I'm in the MSL, I hope to achieve good results.

You won twice today, but both games were very long.
Killer: I played two matches today that were tougher than I had expected. I could have played more relaxed, but winning was very difficult. Before arriving today I slept for a little bit in the dormitory, but afterward I came down with the cold, and couldn't concentrate with a stuffy nose. I should probably take better care of my body.

After being eliminated from the OSL you didn't quit; instead, you went on a winning streak. How did you overcome the difficulties?
Killer: I'm not clear on that. I've been practicing Starcraft very diligently, so now it seems that even if I enter a losing streak, I break free of it quickly. I wasn't very convinced by these winstreaks either, so I just prepared [practiced] more, and that allowed me to achieve good results.

In your first MSL, what is your goal?
Killer: I don't really have much of a goal. I just want to move forward bit by bit from the Ro32.

What happens if you meet Jaedong in the MSL?
Killer: Well, this would not be that good. I hope we will not encounter each other since we are teammates. He [Jaedong] is so good, and he has taught me a lot, and we both know each other pretty well. He has me figured out, so I don't want to run into him (laughs).

Any last words?
Killer: I want to thank my teammates Dear and Sexy for helping me practice. We definitely have such a good team atmosphere. I certainly hope we perform well in SPL. Oh yeah, and I want to tell my brothers: "Wait for me to treat you!" (Hwaseung's inside joke/common slang) (laughs).

Thanks to CoffeeJelly for translating this second interview!

[image loading]

Snow!

- How do you feel after qualifying twice in a row for MSL?
▲ I am very happy. I've been on a losing streak for awhile now; it is nice to end it today.

- The first and last match looked easy for you.
▲ When I played the first match, I felt I had a 80% chance of losing.The match was against me the whole time, but after the first successful recall; I had the whole match under control. The last match I didn't prepare at all, so I played standard. Fortunately, I got lucky. Violet harassed quite a bit but this is how I anticipated he'll play. Afterward, I took two reavers and hit his main.

-How do you feel going into the loser's bracket?
▲Killer and I are good friends. We've known each other before going pro. He has dramatically improved since then (laugh). He played very well, afterward I was very upset because the more I lose, the worst I get. Therefore, I've been trying hard to adjust my mindset.

-Although you ended your losing streak for individual tournament, you are still on a losing streak in SPL.
▲I had hoped to get 10 wins as well in SPL but I keep getting matched against protoss and zerg. The more I meet them, the more I lose. If I get nothing but terran, I can end my losing streak easily (laugh).

- How did you prepare for today?
▲ Since the match took place after my break, I had ample time to practice with my teammate. The practice is rather casual because I thought I had plenty of time. As the match draws closer, I realized I didn't have much time left. This lead to my poor preparation of the third match, but luckily, I still won.

- Goal for this season?
▲ Get seeded into the next MSL.

- Any last word?
▲ I am very happy to have won and I hope my friend, Movie, can win as well. Hopefully, he can win two games in a row and advance like myself. I am thankful for his help and the things he have taught me. I'm also very grateful towards my coaches and team. To my fans that have been worried since I've been on a slump lately, I will get out of it. Don't worry about me too much.


Source: Killer

Source: Snow



Will do Snow's when it comes out =)

Actually have to go now... will do Snow when I get back if somebody hasn't already done it.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 02 2010 11:33 GMT
#2
Wow this was super quick. Thanks flamewheel!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
December 02 2010 11:38 GMT
#3
killer is the new roro - more heart than skill
brood war for life, brood war forever
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
December 02 2010 11:53 GMT
#4
Flamewheel is so fast! <3

Gosh...really wanted violet to go through =/ Seems nice that more Oz players are making it though! =)

Thanks for the interview good sir!
Jaedong :3
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
December 02 2010 11:56 GMT
#5
Killer still looks like he didnt believe he crossed the qualifiers, haha.

But boyh of his ZvP were quite impressive to watch, although he could have prevented his hydras from getting stormed repeatedly
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
December 02 2010 12:02 GMT
#6
Suddenly Killer is elo rank 22, wow.

His games were long but impressive, he's definitely coming into his own now.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
December 02 2010 14:06 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation.
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
December 02 2010 16:21 GMT
#8
WOOOOO KILLER!! TY FOR TRANSLATION! ^_^
n.Die_Jaedong <3
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
December 02 2010 17:08 GMT
#9
Killer looks so much like Jaedong in that picture O_O
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
December 02 2010 17:24 GMT
#10
What happens if you meet Jaedong in the MSL?
He has me figured out, so I don't want to run into him (laughs).


Wise words

Hopefully Killer will go far in this tournament.

o choro é livre
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
December 02 2010 17:46 GMT
#11
Yay Killer! I hope the poor guy doesn't run into Jaedong before he has a chance to show his potential.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
CoffeeJelly
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada53 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 19:45:46
December 02 2010 19:32 GMT
#12
Snow's Interview:


- How do you feel after qualifying twice in a row for MSL?
▲ I am very happy. I've been on a losing streak for awhile now; it is nice to end it today.

- The first and last match looked easy for you.
▲ When I played the first match, I felt I had a 80% chance of losing.The match was against me the whole time, but after the first successful recall; I had the whole match under control. The last match I didn't prepare at all, so I played standard. Fortunately, I got lucky. Violet harassed quite a bit but this is how I anticipated he'll play. Afterward, I took two reavers and hit his main.

-How do you feel going into the loser's bracket?
▲Killer and I are good friends. We've known each other before going pro. He has dramatically improved since then (laugh). He played very well, afterward I was very upset because the more I lose, the worst I get. Therefore, I've been trying hard to adjust my mindset.

-Although you ended your losing streak for individual tournament, you are still on a losing streak in SPL.
▲I had hoped to get 10 wins as well in SPL but I keep getting matched against protoss and zerg. The more I meet them, the more I lose. If I get nothing but terran, I can end my losing streak easily (laugh).

- How did you prepare for today?
▲ Since the match took place after my break, I had ample time to practice with my teammate. The practice is rather casual because I thought I had plenty of time. As the match draws closer, I realized I didn't have much time left. This lead to my poor preparation of the third match, but luckily, I still won.

- Goal for this season?
▲ Get seeded into the next MSL.

- Any last word?
▲ I am very happy to have won and I hope my friend, Movie, can win as well. Hopefully, he can win two games in a row and advance with me. I am thankful for his help and the things he have taught me. I'm also very grateful towards my coaches and team. To my fans that have been worried since I've been on a slump lately, I will get out of it. Don't worry about me too much.

**It's been awhile since I've done Ch->En translation by memory ^^" so you may want to double check flamewheel!**
Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
December 02 2010 20:48 GMT
#13
lets hope killer can show us the mini-jaedong we've all been looking for in him for so long...
jaedong imba
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
December 03 2010 05:08 GMT
#14
KILLER!!!!!! YES

I agree with snow, he HAS improved dramatically. I'm so glad, this is awesome.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 05:23:49
December 03 2010 05:15 GMT
#15
On December 02 2010 20:12 flamewheel wrote:
I want to thank my teammates Dear and Sexy for helping me practice. We definitely have such a good team atmosphere.

Dear, Sexy and Princess... what is wrong with Oz.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
December 03 2010 13:25 GMT
#16
On December 03 2010 14:15 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2010 20:12 flamewheel wrote:
I want to thank my teammates Dear and Sexy for helping me practice. We definitely have such a good team atmosphere.

Dear, Sexy and Princess... what is wrong with Oz.


There's nothing wrong OZ is just Fabulous!!!!!
TylzOner
Profile Joined November 2010
Peru12 Posts
December 03 2010 13:36 GMT
#17
killer is going up !
Lima
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 142
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 266
actioN 217
910 103
Yoon 49
ZergMaN 31
Bale 29
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 12
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 567
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
crisheroes129
Other Games
summit1g6865
ceh9418
WinterStarcraft396
PiGStarcraft250
Happy223
Sick215
Livibee168
ArmadaUGS60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick658
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream295
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2375
League of Legends
• Stunt516
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 46m
Stellar Fest
5h 46m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.