• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:35
CEST 19:35
KST 02:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7521 users

[Interview] KT Rolster vs. STX Soul Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-17 04:52:54
June 16 2010 06:44 GMT
#1
Today's winners are . . .

[image loading]
We're cuties and we know it

+ Show Spoiler [Flash!] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Stats!] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Violet!] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [The 3 Qtpies] +
[image loading]
Glasses sandwich~





(T)Flash, "It's a relief we were able to beat STX today"
"My goal is to attain 60 wins"

[image loading]


- The team succeeded in ending its losing streak.
▲ It feels like it’s been such a long time since I last gave interviews. Though we were on a losing streak I thought if we could just beat STX we would have a shot at being at an advantageous position of a direct route to the finals, and because things worked out the way I hoped, I’m glad.

- You’ve set the record for most wins in a single season.
▲ Before the start of the 5th round, my goal was to attain 60 wins. Therefore I believed attaining 55 wins was only obvious. Because no one has ever reached the prestigious title of 60 wins thus far, I will make sure to be the first to claim that title.

- You’re on a 4 game losing streak in ace-matches.
▲ Recently, because I’ve had 4 losses straight in ace matches, my pride has really crashed. Because it was 1 win 1 loss I initially didn’t feel too shitty about it, but because the team lost I was sorry to my teammates, and at the thought that I couldn’t wrap things up smoothly I got angry at myself.

- What did you think was the reason for your losing streak in ace-matches?
▲ I believe it was a disparity in skill level. While on a losing streak in ace-matches, I felt the effect of my lack of practice, so lately I’ve been practicing harder. If the opportunity presents itself, I want to get revenge on my those losses.

- Today, comparatively, the team won pretty easily.
▲ It was hard to predict because our recent games have flowed so unpredictably. I just played believing that if I won, my team hyungs would wrap him cleanly after me.

- Did you anticipate playing against (P)Kal?
▲ If not (P)Kal hyung, I predicted I would play (Z)Calm hyung. I thought to myself if I could defeat one of STX’s ace players, our team would be able to play more comfortably. So I was desperately hoping for one of those two players to come out, and things worked out as I had hoped.

- Are you confident about getting to the finals?
▲ I believe the possibility is at 80% right now. However, we mustn’t lose focus. Because we just broke a 3 game losing streak with 1 win, we need to raise the momentum and prepare for the playoffs. I’ll work hard so that we can reach the finals riding on high momentum.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ Tomorrow our country’s soccer team is playing against Argentina and I hope the players do well. Though cheering passionately is important, it is also important that fans on the streets make sure they are careful so that no one gets hurt. I hope everyone is safe while cheering. I will also be cheering passionately with my teammates at the team house as well.

source: fomos




(P)Stats, "It's a relief we won such an important match"
"I want to work hard to get to 20 wins"

[image loading]


- You won an important game.
▲ Because I knew it was an important game I was really nervous, so it’s a relief that I was able to win. Since I won along with the team, I’m happy.

- Your opponent went double-nexus.
▲ I came thinking that if my opponent went double-nexus, I could build proxy gates in the center and end the game there.

- (P)Tempest’s last game was probably helpful for you.
▲ As (P)Tempest hyung was preparing a counter to double-nexus, he showed me this build. It was because of him I was able to win this game.

- Because the team was on a 3 game losing streak, the pressure to win this time was probably heavy.
▲ We did feel very pressured this time. On top of that, because this match with STX was very important, the pressure was even greater. Perhaps this is why, but as soon as I won, I felt twice as happy.

- Individual leagues have just begun so you’re probably going to get very busy – are you worried?
▲ Honestly, not really. I believe if I just prepare steadily for the games ahead of me one by one, good results will follow.

- Are you confident about reaching the grand finals?
▲ We have (T)Flash as an ace player on our team, and because (P)Violet hyung as been doing well lately as well, I believe we can definitely get there.

- Your goal for this season?
▲ My goal before this season was to get 10 wins, but now I want to work hard to get 20 wins. If I just keep riding this momentum, I believe it’s very possible.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ (P)Anyppi, (P)Tempest hyung, (P)Violet hyung all helped me practice so I want to say thank you to them. I especially want to thank (P)Violet hyung for helping me the most.

source: fomos




(P)Violet, "How could a mere mortal possibly defeat a god?"
"This interview will be a prophecy"

[image loading]


- You secured the team’s victory.
▲ I did predict our team would win 3:0, but because I was the one who wrapped up I’m happy.

- In your last proleague match, you lost against (Z)YellOw.
▲ How could a mere mortal like me possibly win against the (Z)YellOw god (laughs). Luckily today I played another human being and won so I’ll console myself with that (laughs).

- (Z)hero used his aggressive drop play today.
▲ I saw how he was trying to imitate god and was surprised. But alas, he wasn’t on par with god (laughs). I scouted with my probe and saw his eggs were hatching slower so I predicted he was making hydralisks. Therefore I was able to prepare solidly with a slight impression of what my opponent was going to do.

- Were you prepared to play against drop play?
▲ I didn’t practice a single game preparing for drop play like this. I just played simulation games in my head. Because I wasn’t able to physically practice against the drop play, my defense wasn’t completely clean but I think I was still able to somewhat defend as I had thought out.

- Because you’re playing in proleague again, the pressure must be higher.
▲ After I lost to (Z)YellOw hyung, I asked to be sent out again. I was confident I could win. While practicing, I hardly lost. Because of this, my confidence was overflowing.

- Because you were the one to secure KT’s victory, you must be even happier.
▲ Though it was supposed to be a simple game, because of my errors in predicting and mistakes I made, the game got a bit messy. Though my gameplay wasn’t too great, because the team’s losing streak has ended and we widened the gap with the 2nd place team, I believe it’s a relief.

- You’re currently 2nd in contribution to the team’s wins.
▲ Because the difference between (T)Flash’s number of wins and mine was so great I thought to myself I needed to push forward. Though I am 2nd in contributing wins on my team, compared to players on other teams who are 2nd, I’m lacking in wins. I believe that makes the coming games even more critical.

- KT seems to have settled its reputation of having strong terran and protoss.
▲ For terran we have (T)Flash so no worries, and for protoss (P)Stats is doing well lately so it’s pretty stable as well. The two of them are stimulating the rest of us to work even harder.

- Your goal for this season?
▲ It was originally 30 wins but because I did so poorly during Winner’s League I haven’t even reached 20 wins yet. Before we get to the grand finals, I want to get at least 20 wins.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ The first team to get to the grand finals will definitely be us. Then this interview will be a prophecy.

source: fomos




As always, feedback welcome and appreciated
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
June 16 2010 06:46 GMT
#2
Omg I love Flash's black hair
always tired -_-
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
June 16 2010 06:47 GMT
#3
Once Flash starts practising hard, there is no one in the world who can stop him.

Thank you Smix!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 16 2010 06:48 GMT
#4
Scum team. Won off pure luck TBH.
TranslatorBaa!
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
June 16 2010 06:48 GMT
#5
Glad at least something good came out of Flash's ace losses, KT fighting
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
June 16 2010 06:49 GMT
#6
On June 16 2010 15:48 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Scum team. Won off pure luck TBH.

A little bitter are we?
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
June 16 2010 06:50 GMT
#7
80%?

You are way too modest, Flash. KT's chances to the final are pretty much 95% with this win.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 16 2010 06:51 GMT
#8
On June 16 2010 15:49 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 15:48 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Scum team. Won off pure luck TBH.

A little bitter are we?


Why ever would you think that =O
TranslatorBaa!
ISighZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States270 Posts
June 16 2010 06:56 GMT
#9
WOOT FLASHH FIGHTING
There is no one to help you unless you help yourself
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 16 2010 06:56 GMT
#10
Smix gets it o/
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
June 16 2010 06:58 GMT
#11
On June 16 2010 15:51 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 15:49 moopie wrote:
On June 16 2010 15:48 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Scum team. Won off pure luck TBH.

A little bitter are we?


Why ever would you think that =O

No idea, just a hunch ;D
In the woods, there lurks..
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8139 Posts
June 16 2010 06:59 GMT
#12
Yeah babyyyyyyyy. Flash fighting! KT going to the finals fighting!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 07:02:22
June 16 2010 07:00 GMT
#13
Oh nearly forgot to thank Smix for the interview soo;
Thanks!


Edit; Wow thanks for Stats interview!

~ Kim Dae Jeob hwaiting!
In the woods, there lurks..
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
June 16 2010 07:29 GMT
#14
whats with "getting to the grand final"??
they are dead-on #1 spot, (meaning they ARE the grand finalist)
unless the format has changed from last year.
AlexGG
Profile Joined January 2010
China3 Posts
June 16 2010 07:42 GMT
#15
Okay KT wins today. We will see you in the finals. Fighting!
ByFlash You Are the One !
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 16 2010 07:44 GMT
#16
I love Violet, such great interview sense

GJ on the interview
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
June 16 2010 07:47 GMT
#17
On June 16 2010 15:44 Smix wrote:
▲ I saw how he was trying to imitate god and was surprised. But alas, he wasn’t on par with god (laughs).

Please share... WTF is he talking about?
I thought they referred to Flash as "God" in Korea, but he is Terran...
His opponent was Zerg? What does this mean?
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 16 2010 07:48 GMT
#18
On June 16 2010 16:47 cursor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 15:44 Smix wrote:
▲ I saw how he was trying to imitate god and was surprised. But alas, he wasn’t on par with god (laughs).

Please share... WTF is he talking about?
I thought they referred to Flash as "God" in Korea, but he is Terran...
His opponent was Zerg? What does this mean?


Read the above line in the interview. He's referring to Yellow.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
June 16 2010 07:52 GMT
#19
On June 16 2010 16:47 cursor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 15:44 Smix wrote:
▲ I saw how he was trying to imitate god and was surprised. But alas, he wasn’t on par with god (laughs).

Please share... WTF is he talking about?
I thought they referred to Flash as "God" in Korea, but he is Terran...
His opponent was Zerg? What does this mean?


Yellow beat him with a hydra rush and drop strat on the same map when KT played ace. By Hero did a similar strat (though he used 3 hatch hydra bust instead of 2hatch).
Remember Violet.
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
June 16 2010 07:52 GMT
#20
wow, thanks for the fast translations!
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1111
ComeBackTV 845
SteadfastSC829
TaKeTV 579
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex129
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 829
IndyStarCraft 227
ProTech135
Rex 129
BRAT_OK 55
UpATreeSC 53
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39609
Shuttle 806
Mini 389
Larva 332
Rush 308
Dewaltoss 116
Hyuk 113
firebathero 83
Mong 71
Trap 43
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
Rock 21
Shine 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10030
qojqva1654
Counter-Strike
fl0m1460
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1379
Khaldor1279
Other Games
FrodaN1515
Beastyqt418
XBOCT238
DeMusliM237
Mlord214
ArmadaUGS207
KnowMe129
C9.Mang0120
XaKoH 94
QueenE86
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 42
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4017
Other Games
• imaqtpie577
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 25m
Online Event
17h 25m
FEL
22h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.