• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8936 users

OGN Dual Tournament 2006 S1 (Jul 06 - Aug 06) - Page 6

Forum Index > Articles
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
bsj9
Profile Joined December 2005
United States927 Posts
July 27 2006 01:08 GMT
#101
Agree, nada's best record is his TvZ o.O, I thought it was TvP

That's only for OSL btw
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
July 27 2006 02:12 GMT
#102
On July 27 2006 09:40 FrozenArbiter wrote:
-.-
They need to get rid of the two protoss graveyards - Cultivation vs Z and Rush vs T (in my experience rush is good and balanced but I'm not playing vs professional terrans and if the stats are 15-3 for terran, something is wrong).


Even if Cultivation Period sucks PvZ, I still love watching that map that I can actually be ok with P's dying on that map....
Anyways, despite what P's qualify using the old maps, the new OSL maps will make it crazy and interesting for those who made it up.
I can only imagine what the new Akanoid or whatever map will be like... OMG ~_~ Orgasm~
Hell, Peaks is at least modified to be far more balanced now, thank god.
Arcadia is gonna be gay, but who doesn't have at least one map they dislike every season?
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
July 27 2006 05:52 GMT
#103
On July 26 2006 15:59 DJEtterStyle wrote:
This thread needs a bump and an update. Current seeds for the next OSL are Casy, Chojja, Yellow, Jju, Iris, and Zergman. Players who have already made it are Ever)P(TT, Shine[name], GGPlay, Canata, firebathero, Bisu[Shield], Midas, and Nada.

There are currently 6 Ts, 6 Zs, and 2 Ps qualified for the next OSL. Theoretical maximums for each race in the next OSL, at this date, are as follows: 14 Terrans, 12 Zergs, and 8 Ps.


Nice post. The "theoretical" maxes seem comforting but...

On July 27 2006 09:40 FrozenArbiter wrote:
-.-
They need to get rid of the two protoss graveyards - Cultivation vs Z and Rush vs T (in my experience rush is good and balanced but I'm not playing vs professional terrans and if the stats are 15-3 for terran, something is wrong).


That's it...come to the darkside my friend.

But remember, complaining about maps is always "whining" and "reality" and "statistics" are irrelavent. You're just a whiner. Hahaha
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
TearsOfTheSun
Profile Joined March 2006
Canada995 Posts
July 27 2006 07:08 GMT
#104
wow thats awesome! thanks^^
Dixer_ca^^ | Polt | Byun | MKP | DRG | White-Ra | Beastyqt | Maru | Creator
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
August 01 2006 04:11 GMT
#105
Updated:
Group E: 7/31 (Mon)
Game 1 - Sea (T) > KT.MGW)Hyuk (Z) @ 815 III
Game 2 - Sync (T) < AnyTime (P) @ 815 III
Winners - Sea (T) < AnyTime (P) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Losers - KT.MGW)Hyuk (Z) > Sync (T) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Final - Sea (T) > KT.MGW)Hyuk (Z) @ Rush Hour 3

No more T's plz T_T
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-01 04:14:00
August 01 2006 04:13 GMT
#106
On August 01 2006 13:11 Live2Win wrote:
No more T's plz T_T


Haha, and just look at Group F.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Cadical *
Profile Joined September 2005
United States469 Posts
August 01 2006 05:05 GMT
#107
nice to see Anytime back
IMBA
cSf.Vicek
Profile Joined January 2004
Czech Republic271 Posts
August 01 2006 05:32 GMT
#108
D - thoughest ODT group ever... i'm so happy hada made it!
2dd
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium421 Posts
August 01 2006 06:30 GMT
#109
very nice!
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 01 2006 10:17 GMT
#110
On July 26 2006 16:15 Orome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2006 09:17 Mortality wrote:
WHO CALLED IT?

GGPLAY > YELLOW
PUSAN > CANATA
GGPLAY > PUSAN
CANATA > YELLOW
CANATA > PUSAN


BINGO


Cool stuff, you're slowly mutating to our new Tfeign


I hope I don't. I've noticed this myself actually though. When I see what I type I think to myself "this is just one or two steps removed from tfeign."

Look at my posts about Savior. I'm going crazy about the guy because he is just so unbelievable (his game sense is O.O...only player too impress me so much before was NaDa when he stormed onto the scene in 2002...).

I don't know though. I still think that as much as I emote about the players I like, I'm not so dense as to let my feelings blind me. I actually HAVE voted against both players I consider my idols (NaDa and Savior, technically my third idol for Protoss would be IntoTheRain, but he doesn't play so -_-). And I still base my decisions not only on impressions from observing their game play but on analysis of game history (tfeign would pretend to do this, but in reality he would throw out games that he didn't feel like counting).




Sometimes I do trust my gut though. Something told me to vote against N.ace)ever over Oov. If someone told me I should do that 1 month ago I would have laughed at them, but I just have this sense that the combination of Oov being bored with the game and the fact that he's been on top for so long (hence everyone studies his style) is the reason for his lack of success recently. We'll see soon enough if that hunch is right.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 01 2006 10:19 GMT
#111
On July 27 2006 10:08 bsj9 wrote:
Agree, nada's best record is his TvZ o.O, I thought it was TvP

That's only for OSL btw


Overall, his TvZ is his worst record including Proleague and MBC games. Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that NaDa's lifetime TvZ record is higher than Boxer's overall despite the fact that Boxer's OGN TvZ record is holy fucking shit good.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-01 10:25:44
August 01 2006 10:25 GMT
#112
On July 27 2006 14:52 ManaBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2006 15:59 DJEtterStyle wrote:
This thread needs a bump and an update. Current seeds for the next OSL are Casy, Chojja, Yellow, Jju, Iris, and Zergman. Players who have already made it are Ever)P(TT, Shine[name], GGPlay, Canata, firebathero, Bisu[Shield], Midas, and Nada.

There are currently 6 Ts, 6 Zs, and 2 Ps qualified for the next OSL. Theoretical maximums for each race in the next OSL, at this date, are as follows: 14 Terrans, 12 Zergs, and 8 Ps.


Nice post. The "theoretical" maxes seem comforting but...

Show nested quote +
On July 27 2006 09:40 FrozenArbiter wrote:
-.-
They need to get rid of the two protoss graveyards - Cultivation vs Z and Rush vs T (in my experience rush is good and balanced but I'm not playing vs professional terrans and if the stats are 15-3 for terran, something is wrong).


That's it...come to the darkside my friend.

But remember, complaining about maps is always "whining" and "reality" and "statistics" are irrelavent. You're just a whiner. Hahaha

Lol, after losing like 0-5, 0-5 (maybe it was just 0-3 0-3 but it felt worse ;D) to two different zergs on cultivation period I decided I hate that map.

I still really like rush hour pvt and pvz tho
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
August 01 2006 13:08 GMT
#113
I just realized that I counted Shine[name] as a Zerg in my initial post, so my count is off. It's actually 8-5-3, as Live2Win has edited his initial post to reflect. Word up.
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
August 01 2006 13:18 GMT
#114
GOGO ANYTIME
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
August 01 2006 21:42 GMT
#115
Update:
Group F: 8/2 (Wed)
Game 1 - GooDFriend (T) < JiHyun[jOypOp] (Z) @ 815 III
Game 2 - Oov (T) < N.aCe)ever (P) @ 815 III
Winners - JiHyun[jOypOp] (Z) > N.aCe)ever (P) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Losers - GooDFriend (T) > Oov (T) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Final - GooDFriend (T) > N.aCe)ever (P) @ Rush Hour 3

wow that makes 5 KHAN's..... (and 9 T's)
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 02 2006 00:11 GMT
#116
As I predicted, Oov is out. Why I would vote against the best Terran in the world is almost beyond me, but Oov's recent performances just don't impress me so much and what was said about Oov being "bored" provides the explanation that justifies that. :o

I thought GF would beat JiHyun though. I guess TvZ on 815 isn't fundamental enough for an unoriginal player like GF? I'll have to read the live reports. -_-
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
SCNewb
Profile Joined June 2006
Canada2210 Posts
August 02 2006 00:13 GMT
#117
I really hope he doesn't change race............I liked him as a Terran
Huge iloveOov fan
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
August 02 2006 00:39 GMT
#118
anytime looked really good in his games. in fact, he owned. with the plethora of T's already in this OSL maybe we can see another strong performance from him this time.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
August 03 2006 23:56 GMT
#119
Updated:

Group G: 8/4 (Fri)
Game 1 - Rock (P) > Luxury[GsP] (Z) @ 815 III
Game 2 - Rainbow (P) < Light[Alive] (T) @ 815 III
Winners - Rock (P) > Light[Alive] (T) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Losers - Luxury[GsP] (Z) > Rainbow (P) @ Sin Pioneer Period
Final - Light[Alive] (T) > Luxury[GsP] (Z) @ Rush Hour 3

STOP THE T'S!!!!!
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
August 03 2006 23:58 GMT
#120
On August 02 2006 09:11 Mortality wrote:
As I predicted, Oov is out. Why I would vote against the best Terran in the world is almost beyond me, but Oov's recent performances just don't impress me so much and what was said about Oov being "bored" provides the explanation that justifies that. :o

I thought GF would beat JiHyun though. I guess TvZ on 815 isn't fundamental enough for an unoriginal player like GF? I'll have to read the live reports. -_-


Xellos seems very bored too.
If you have been seeing his games recently.... he doesn't even try. he cheeses or dies.
Or he just plays totally lack luster. Only vs Chojja did he really play a worthwhile game and that was ages ago.

Tsk tsk.... he needs a spark himself.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 569
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox577
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
shahzam590
Day[9].tv567
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0147
ArmadaUGS85
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 70
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv567
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
3m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 3m
OSC
22h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.