• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:31
CEST 22:31
KST 05:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8819 users

Liquipedia Feedback Thread - Page 4

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 85 86 87 Next
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
June 09 2009 07:08 GMT
#61
I think it should be under romanized name, but could ids redirect to it?
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-09 07:14:04
June 09 2009 07:13 GMT
#62
you can redirect anything to anything- right now, we're using TLPD as the basis of the whole naming scheme.

One exception to the TLPD names - Yellow[arnc] will be found under Yarnc, because liquipedia doesn't allow for the brackets [] in the titles. If you guys have a better suggestion for this, or have other gamers that need different id's, tell me ^^
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 09 2009 07:16 GMT
#63
On June 09 2009 12:55 Cali wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 12:40 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 12:22 Cali wrote:
Need a discussion on format of Bo's pages

I was going though them and just about all of them seemed to have been done by 3-4 with different formats I was thinking of going though and making them all
{{Infobox_Strategy
|name=
|race=
|type=Opening Build
|image=
|caption=
|matchups=
|creator=
|popularized=
}}
==Overview==
==Build Order==
==Build Order Clarification==
==Mentality==
==Transition==
==Countered By==
===Hard Counters===
===Soft Counters===
==Counter To==
===Hard Counters===
===Soft Counters===
==Notable Maps==
===Strong===
===Weak===
==Notable Games==
===Replays===
===VOD's===
[[Category:Strategies]]
I thought that this order would be best; as most put mentality at the bottom but my guess it would be best after the Bo explanation or after overview.

The thing not being consistent is pissing me off.


Ironic, as all of our work was trying to get this stuff consistent. The actual guides thing should be in the help pages.

the strategy guide should be:

{{Infobox_Strategy
|name=
|race=
|type=Opening Build
|image=
|caption=
|matchups=
|creator=
|popularized=
}}
==Overview==
==Build Order==
===Build Order Clarification (if necessary, optional section)===
==Mentality==
==Transition==
==Countered By==
==Counter To==
==Notable Maps==
===Strong===
===Weak===
==Notable Games==
[[Category:Strategies]]

The above is the most recent iteration, but we didn't have time to really get all of the articles exactly consistent. This is what I spent most of my time on, so PM me if you have any more structure questions.


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Help:Organization_of_Guide_Pages
found it haha T_T took awhile and is dated.
Clerical work is something I've done scene high school.


I just changed the link above, although I'm going to need to give it a new readthrough to fix inconsistencies that have arisen (next week after finals).

I also need to fix the ZvT guide to match the ZvP guide - it needs a whole rewrite. No one has wanted to touch those for some reason or another though.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
June 09 2009 07:28 GMT
#64
On June 09 2009 16:13 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
you can redirect anything to anything- right now, we're using TLPD as the basis of the whole naming scheme.

One exception to the TLPD names - Yellow[arnc] will be found under Yarnc, because liquipedia doesn't allow for the brackets [] in the titles. If you guys have a better suggestion for this, or have other gamers that need different id's, tell me ^^


I hope Shine[Kal] doesn't breakout and win a starleague soon then.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Cali
Profile Joined May 2009
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 19:09:06
June 09 2009 07:44 GMT
#65
--- Nuked ---
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
June 09 2009 08:50 GMT
#66
On June 09 2009 16:13 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
you can redirect anything to anything- right now, we're using TLPD as the basis of the whole naming scheme.

One exception to the TLPD names - Yellow[arnc] will be found under Yarnc, because liquipedia doesn't allow for the brackets [] in the titles. If you guys have a better suggestion for this, or have other gamers that need different id's, tell me ^^

We have Yellow as "YellOwArnC" I think. Convention will change it to Yellowarnc, but I think that's really the best way to handle it.

Same with the entire [Shield] or [gm] stuff I am afraid, just omit the brackets. And only add them to player names if they are needed for distinction (e.g. Bisu[shield] is superfluous, Sea[Shield] might be needed due to the amount of Sea.InsertMyfavoriteToy players, etc.)
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
June 09 2009 10:30 GMT
#67
On June 09 2009 15:06 p4NDemik wrote:
I'm starting to edit player articles now, and I just have to say it feels strange that the articles are titled according to their gaming ID's. Especially if we're going to be fleshing out the player bio sections, it feels like the articles should be titled by their Romanized Names. For example, BoxeR's page, linked above, first establishes BoxeR with his Romanized name, then says he is "known by the pseudonym SlayerS_`BoxeR`."

I definitely think we should be using their gaming alias. All over TL we use this alias to identify players and without it we are lost. For instance if i say Park Ji Ho just went mass zealots and raped that noob! No one has a clue about what I'm talking about. However, replace Park Ji Ho with Pusan and we get, Pusan just went mass zealots and raped that noob! and now everyone knows who exactly I'm talking about. Both should be available, but imo we should use the current conventions and not try and revolutionize the status quo.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 09 2009 11:34 GMT
#68
The majority of the users (myself included) don't know more than maybe 5-10 real player names
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Jonvvv
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Norway1530 Posts
June 09 2009 11:55 GMT
#69
Will there be a section about the tourneys and leagues(PL, OSL, MSL, WCG etc)?
Liquipedia
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
June 09 2009 12:06 GMT
#70
On June 09 2009 20:55 Jonvvv wrote:
Will there be a section about the tourneys and leagues(PL, OSL, MSL, WCG etc)?

There are plans for those!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
June 09 2009 12:31 GMT
#71
ARGH - my website address is www.nevergg.net - stop using fomos' photos!

Just kidding, but seriously. If fomos sees it - Mr. Shim will probably pitch a fit.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 09 2009 12:37 GMT
#72
everyone can upload pictures...
I haven't yet reviewed any picture uploads and I don't know who did, but when you see a picture that should be replaced by one of yours feel free to do so, you must know what is in your collection better than anyone else
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
R3condite
Profile Joined August 2008
Korea (South)1541 Posts
June 09 2009 13:42 GMT
#73
my feedbak is that i love u all!
ggyo...
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
June 09 2009 14:37 GMT
#74
On June 09 2009 21:31 NeverGG wrote:
ARGH - my website address is www.nevergg.net - stop using fomos' photos!

Just kidding, but seriously. If fomos sees it - Mr. Shim will probably pitch a fit.

I will write up a basic guide to player articles tonight I guess, including the hint about photos. Hope that helps
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 09 2009 14:43 GMT
#75
On June 09 2009 23:37 Aesop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 21:31 NeverGG wrote:
ARGH - my website address is www.nevergg.net - stop using fomos' photos!

Just kidding, but seriously. If fomos sees it - Mr. Shim will probably pitch a fit.

I will write up a basic guide to player articles tonight I guess, including the hint about photos. Hope that helps


Since anyone can upload photos, i'm not sure how it would help.

Should we not be approving any fomos photos at all? (we'll switch to the tiny tlpd photos or screencaps or something if it's necessary).
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Cali
Profile Joined May 2009
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 19:09:55
June 09 2009 16:12 GMT
#76
--- Nuked ---
Sublimis
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden70 Posts
June 09 2009 16:34 GMT
#77
I think there should be a difference between a strategy and a build order post. A build order can contain strategies but a strategy should not be a build order. Example of strategies that are not build orders but still show up as such:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Terran_Counter_to_Arbiter_Play
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Late_Game_Terran_vs._Protoss

Also I think there should be a different taxonomy of build orders overall. Check out the talk page here in what I propose:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Talk:Terran_vs._Protoss_Guide
Cali
Profile Joined May 2009
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 19:10:00
June 09 2009 20:05 GMT
#78
--- Nuked ---
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
June 09 2009 23:04 GMT
#79
On June 09 2009 23:43 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 23:37 Aesop wrote:
On June 09 2009 21:31 NeverGG wrote:
ARGH - my website address is www.nevergg.net - stop using fomos' photos!

Just kidding, but seriously. If fomos sees it - Mr. Shim will probably pitch a fit.

I will write up a basic guide to player articles tonight I guess, including the hint about photos. Hope that helps


Since anyone can upload photos, i'm not sure how it would help.

Should we not be approving any fomos photos at all? (we'll switch to the tiny tlpd photos or screencaps or something if it's necessary).


Well you don't have copyright permission to host them and I know wiki is really strict about that kind of thing - whereas I've given full permission for all mine to be uploaded (which is surely better than using the tlpd shots/screencaps right?) ^_^ I just think it'd be crap if it ended up having to all be redone because the correct permissions aren't in place.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
June 10 2009 07:25 GMT
#80
On June 10 2009 08:04 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 23:43 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 23:37 Aesop wrote:
On June 09 2009 21:31 NeverGG wrote:
ARGH - my website address is www.nevergg.net - stop using fomos' photos!

Just kidding, but seriously. If fomos sees it - Mr. Shim will probably pitch a fit.

I will write up a basic guide to player articles tonight I guess, including the hint about photos. Hope that helps


Since anyone can upload photos, i'm not sure how it would help.

Should we not be approving any fomos photos at all? (we'll switch to the tiny tlpd photos or screencaps or something if it's necessary).


Well you don't have copyright permission to host them and I know wiki is really strict about that kind of thing - whereas I've given full permission for all mine to be uploaded (which is surely better than using the tlpd shots/screencaps right?) ^_^ I just think it'd be crap if it ended up having to all be redone because the correct permissions aren't in place.

Ok, news is on frontpage and on http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Player_Biography_Resources#What_Pictures_to_use , I hope that gets the message across.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 85 86 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 263
JuggernautJason93
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 561
White-Ra 173
firebathero 81
910 44
Trap 25
NaDa 12
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0187
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9607
crisheroes1761
Liquid`Hasu1724
Trikslyr91
Other Games
summit1g5895
Liquid`RaSZi5327
Beastyqt817
shahzam473
B2W.Neo287
Pyrionflax131
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS127
ZombieGrub99
IndyStarCraft 82
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream393
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV385
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur280
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.