• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10216 users

Your New WCS Challenger: iG.iAsonu

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
January 22 2014 16:34 GMT
#1
Can you briefly introduce yourself? We literally know nothing about you
Hi everyone, I am iA from Invictus Gaming, I play the Zerg race.

[image loading]


Are you a fulltime pro at the moment?
Currently I'm a practice partner/academy member of iG, kind of a semi-pro.

What's your life before joining iG? How did you join iG back then?
I'm a student at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. After playing in a bunch of collegiate tournaments and amateur tournaments I met iG's coach Edison, and came out with the idea of becoming a pro. After talking with Edison several times I joined iG's acadamy.

So you are prioritizing playing Starcraft?
Yes, I'm living and training in iG's team house now.

Is playing WCS America a long-time plan for you?
Yes, I will play every tournament that I can participate.

There are a lot of Korean players playing in WCS America, if you can pick, who do you want to defeat most?
I'm not good enough to think about that yet, my current goal is go as far as I can, and defeat my current opponent Arthur.

Ah I was just going to talk about him. How much do you know about him?
There aren't a lot of information about him online, I practiced a lot with Protoss lately, I think it all depends on how well I play then.

If you get to choose a team with 5 players (none of your current teammates), who would you take?
Chinese? What kind of question is this?

Of course the questions will be weird.
If you ask "5 of my favorite players" I can say that, what would you set as teammate standard??

You can say your 5 favorite players as well, it doesn't really matter.
Jaedong, Sen, Parting, Soulkey and Polt.

Were you at the team house when you qualify for WCS America? What's the team like and your feelings when you succeed?
Yes I was at the team house then. It was against a Terran in the last round. It was early 7am in the morning so everyone was asleep except Edison who was watching the stream. I was hugely relieved when I feel I'm going to win. I had XY's hope on me so it was stressful, and after that I was really happy.

When did you start playing Starcraft? And when did you have the idea of going pro?
I met Starcraft in a cyber cafe when I was in elementary school, didn't play that much of it after that, but I love watching it. And I started playing Starcraft II around April in 2012. In my senior year there are too many classes to take so I can't get both, thus I came up the idea of taking the school off, and focus on progaming for a year or two.

So, what does your id "iAsonu" mean?
That's just a bunch of characters I typed blindly, really no meaning. I didn't change my id when joining my amateur clan NT, so I just use it till now, since no one knows how to pronounce it, they call me iA instead.

Huh that's indeed weird. Well what's your expectation regarding your progaming career?
I hope I can focus and dedicate, so that I don't regret making the decision of going pro. I can't really set a target as Starcraft is a volatile game.

Any last words before we close this off?
Thanks everyone for loving and supporting Starcraft II, thanks my team Invictus Gaming, our sponsor SteelSeries and WYWK Cyber Cafe.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Alopex
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia32 Posts
January 22 2014 16:35 GMT
#2
New Chinese hope fighting~
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
January 23 2014 02:01 GMT
#3
cool stuff, will he make arthur sad :O?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 25 2014 08:54 GMT
#4
Thanks for the interview
Moderatorlickypiddy
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem492
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 492
IndyStarCraft 230
Railgan 94
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17829
BeSt 415
Soma 197
Dewaltoss 128
Mind 99
Mini 84
hero 72
Zeus 50
Hyun 44
Killer 35
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
Rock 21
NaDa 20
PianO 16
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5030
qojqva3013
Dendi1526
420jenkins457
Counter-Strike
fl0m3975
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4490
Khaldor1361
Liquid`Hasu1082
MindelVK10
Other Games
FrodaN1605
B2W.Neo797
byalli469
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .167
QueenE83
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 27
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4053
League of Legends
• Nemesis2253
Other Games
• imaqtpie542
• Shiphtur254
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 14m
Replay Cast
5h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 14m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 14m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.