• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:03
CEST 09:03
KST 16:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7283 users

HyuN owed $23,000 in back pay and prize money by Quantic

Forum Index > SC2 General
614 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
TL.net ESPORTS
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 10:11:27
January 01 2014 02:48 GMT
#1
(Z)HyuN posted the following message about his situation with Quantic. (Korean original)
DailyDot reported earlier that Quantic owner Simon Boudreault had dropped off the radar, leaving former players hanging.


Hello, this is HyuN.

I began my contract with Quantic on January 28th and have spent the last year with them. Because the team was in a special situation where it formed from a merger of many teams, it was in an unstable state where one of the owners left as I was playing for the team.

Simon would always buy tickets late, even though you could get them cheaper if you bought them earlier, and he even bought me business class tickets to IEM Shanghai because I had just won DreamHack (even though he had already bought tickets). Even in the case of hotels, there were times I wondered if it was too expensive.

Since when I started to notice these things, Simon was always late to respond to me. It wasn't a big nuisiance for me to have flights booked late, but he would always respond late and would lie about having booked flights when he had not, booking them when the time for the tournament had almost come. So, there was a lot of stress there.

In my final tournament schedule of HSC, Red Bull, and DH Winter, he always said he had booked the flights but in reality it was very tough because they would be booked one day before.

Also, at the time my salary had been delayed for a few months, and I had yet to receive prize money from three tournaments (DH Stockholm, DH Summer, DH Valencia). DreamHack has an invoice system, so the team would receive the money. In the end, IEM was the last time I saw Simon, and I wasn't able to see or chat with him since.

Before IEM, Simon told me he would give me my salary and DreamHack Prize money, and gave me an explaination. But it was always a lie. He always said he had sent the DreamHack prize money, but I heard he had actually used that money to support the LoL team. As for the reason he could not send the money, he said it was because according to Canadian law it was too large an amount to send, and said he would give me the money from the sponsors instead, but that was a lie as well. The sponsors didn't even know about this.

After my last scheduled events he went off the radar, except to occasionally leave a line saying that he would send the money. The money I should have received was 80,000 SEK from DreamHack winnings (about $12,500) and $26,400 (2,200 x 12) in salary, but I only received $2,200 x5, and after that $950 x5, leaving $10,650 I have not received. In total it's about $23,000 I have not received.

Simon has gone off the map, and there is no one to be held responsible. I'm regretting the year I spent taking countless flights, and I'm so stressed out I'm wondering why I spent eight years as a gamer. I don't know what to do, and it's been a while since I've played since I just can't bring myself to. If someone can't help me out, I might have to quit.

If I quit now, then I'm thankful to Simon for letting me finally rest after eight tough years of progaming. I'll never forget you!

I need help, but I don't even know what will help me. This link contains my conversatiosn with Simon. http://imgur.com/xVlXWYe,AneHU6y,Mnf33uA,rBX8lYE,1IF1Oda,jfgUqfR,MflPkwG#0

I'm sorry to all my fans and friends who cheered for me.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
robert1005
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands98 Posts
January 01 2014 02:50 GMT
#2
HOLY SHIT, thats a lot of money. Money that won't be payed back it seems!

Man I feel bad for him
The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 02:54:46
January 01 2014 02:51 GMT
#3
A very large shame, HyuN's original asking price was quite high as well (back when Quantic was first reforming)
I've met the owner once, amicable person, but my impression of him was mixed.

I'm unsurprised, as many are, about this however. It's just a real shame and he is definitely not the only one, even in staff, that's remained unpaid. Quantic never had a good reputation from the inside (pre-Mark Ferraz and current) and the players always carried the team name more than the organization itself.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Freeze967
Profile Joined August 2011
United States230 Posts
January 01 2014 02:52 GMT
#4
That sucks... Hope you get it back HyuN!

Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
January 01 2014 02:52 GMT
#5
The credibility on some of those "esport people" are sickening!

How would any progamer go on a team now knowing that these type of shadyness exist?

#Quantic #hurtingesport
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 01 2014 02:52 GMT
#6
I wish all the tournament organizers would pay the players directly instead of the team. What the hell Dreamhack?
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Atokad
Profile Joined November 2010
United States204 Posts
January 01 2014 02:53 GMT
#7
I hope someone will be able to get you into contact with either Simon or someone who can help you with your situation. Best of luck.
2016 Year of Losira!
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 02:53:42
January 01 2014 02:53 GMT
#8
Yet another player thats being fucked by his team, so why don't we have a union supported by Blizzard to keep players safe?

I doubt he's going to quit, any team would want him on their roster.
Really unfortunate for Hyun but it's sad you saw it coming after the Massan incident.

edit: and haven't Robert stated on shows that they pay the players directly and not the teams?
The curse is real
Gojira621
Profile Joined October 2010
United States374 Posts
January 01 2014 02:53 GMT
#9
Hyun needs to hire a lawyer immediately. This is straight up theft. This guy can't disappear forever
www.twitch.tv/Gojira621
ImperialFist
Profile Joined April 2013
790 Posts
January 01 2014 02:53 GMT
#10
this is so sad, <3 hyun

hoping for the best
"In the name of Holy Terra I challenge, Take up arms, for the Emperor’s Justice falls on you!"
crayolalax
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia27 Posts
January 01 2014 02:54 GMT
#11
Tournaments should really be paying to players..this kind of thing has happened so many times. Such a shitty thing to happen to HyuN, he doesn't deserve it.
jackslater
Profile Joined November 2012
Russian Federation604 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 02:55:26
January 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#12
OMG, f*cking scum Simon...
Soo sad for Hyun...soo much hard work and this final sh1t
DaftFunk
Profile Joined June 2013
194 Posts
January 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#13
figures that fat fuck

User was warned for this post
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
January 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#14
It would be absolutely tragic if Hyun bowed out because of this bs.

Taking a players winnings to pay for an LoL team.... despicable.
Major
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Mexico539 Posts
January 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#15
this is terrible. but we cant blame dreamhack for this unless they have policy to pay the teams and not the player(which i doubt). its just seems like a horrible person took advantage of a very nice guy like hyun. which really makes me mad about this while thing

i hope hyun gets his money back he doesnt deserve this if u ever met him u would know how nice of a guy he is.
Progamer
ratty
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand275 Posts
January 01 2014 02:55 GMT
#16
yeah i would have hoped DH would have enough sense to pay the players direct but still FUCK you quantic
no. monkeys land on their feet, they're like masturbating cats ~ #~hyvaa~#~
ROOTSasquatch
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States234 Posts
January 01 2014 02:57 GMT
#17
HyuN is such a nice guy, can't believe this happened to him. Hopefully something can happen to fix this
partsasquatch on reddit
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
January 01 2014 02:58 GMT
#18
I never had good feeling about Quantic .. . Its really sad especially when its HyuN, such hard worker!
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
January 01 2014 02:58 GMT
#19
On January 01 2014 11:53 Gojira621 wrote:
Hyun needs to hire a lawyer immediately. This is straight up theft. This guy can't disappear forever

He can disappear for a long time, he doesn't even really have to hide. Also, lawyers are expensive and trials can take years to finish. And even if HyuN can sue him successfully, there is a chance that Simon doesn't have the money anymore and can't give anything back.
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
January 01 2014 02:58 GMT
#20
What does the quantic manager think? Hide for some time and everyone will forget? This will have a legal afterplay, even if it takes months or years to find him.
keep it deep! @zulison
1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 158
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 334
actioN 91
Mong 76
Shine 72
NotJumperer 36
Bale 29
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 821
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft747
Other Games
summit1g8631
PiGStarcraft378
ceh9340
Happy277
Livibee108
ArmadaUGS31
RuFF_SC227
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream501
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Lourlo1451
• Rush1411
• Stunt464
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.