• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8112 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVI - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 42 Next All
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 06:45 GMT
#141
Corazon, nobody but you, SkaPunk, Slayalot and Sn0man and myself have been posting for the last 13 hours. If you go back 18 hours, you could include glurio and Acid, whom I both responded to. SlayAlot and Sn0man both posted implying I could be scum, so I focused on responding to them.

SkaPunk has posted basically nothing, as Sn0man pointed out. You have posted useful lists of lurkers that I'd also love to see contribute. But there's not a lot one can say in response to a list of lurkers or a single sentence post that was called out by someone else already.

Implying I've been tunneling people is not accurate. I've responded to or commented on everyone who posted anything of substance in the thread, as of now.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 06:58 GMT
#142
In response to your two posts that weren't lists, Corazon, I agree. Confirmation bias is bad and using meta is iffy at best, especially in a newbie game. Thank you for these contributions.

Unless anyone has any questions for me, I'll try to shut up for a while.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 27 2013 07:38 GMT
#143
The problem is that while you and SnO were having your back and forth, I made comments about both sides of the arguments, and they were basically ignored.

I'm most likely not going to vote either of you unless something really incriminating comes out, so perhaps we should vote for a lurker D1. Thoughts?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Slayalot
Profile Joined January 2013
Denmark15 Posts
January 27 2013 07:46 GMT
#144
My suspicion of you has slightly faded warbaby. I just wanted to put a little pressure on you, since you already had your nose stuck out.

Im partly writing this to let new players know, that just because 2 people are implying that someone could be scum, they shouldn't make this cloud their jugdement. (That's called jumping on the wagon/bandwagon, and it's a dangerous thing to do - cause the wagon could just as easily have been started by scum). At least that's my understanding of the word / theory.

To the less active people: Start posting. The longer you wait, the more you start to look like scum. If no scum gives themself away for the next xx hours, we will be forced to kill the guy who hasn't posted anything (or the guy that only has made 1 welcome post).
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 27 2013 11:47 GMT
#145
While i really didn't like warbabys town claim thingie, i doubt it's inherently scummy. His pointing fingers in every direction does remind me of mocsta in the last game, though. And i kinda fell for it so i'll be a bit more suspicious this time around!


Right now i agree with corazon, lets focus on other people:

On January 27 2013 03:16 SkaPunk wrote:
I'm here ready for this awesome game. Acid is mad already!


I'd like to put this a bit more into the spotlight, yea slayalot and sn0 already said he should contribute a bit more, i agree. He really needs to put something forth. Since hes here and ready for this awesome game...
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 27 2013 12:17 GMT
#146
I'm surprised everyone's forgotten about how little I'm contributing!

Warbaby, Mocsta did claim town when he said something like, "How do you think I can contribute so much and so freely? Because I'm town and have nothing to hide." That was Day 1, BTW.

Don't "shut up for a while." That's not town-motivated. Think about who else you'd like to pressure. If you shut up every time somebody criticizes you for pressuring them, that's not going to go super well.

Yes, SkaPunk, Acid is "mad" already. Last game I assumed that meant he was scum, because his first posts were blazing guns posts, but I think he just likes to throw his weight around to see how others respond. (He was town btw.) But metas don't necessarily mean everything so feel free to keep looking for scumminess there; I don't see it yet.

Corazon, I very much think we should vote for a lurker Day 1. There's little reason to vote for an active player, IMO, on such a small amount of data. My reads are all very close to null at this point on everyone.

As I mentioned earlier, Sundays are by far my busiest days. I will check in on the thread here and there, but I feel like I need to put a vote down now in case I can't. So I am going to LAL today, and pick the one with the most lurker name:

##Vote: AFKing

Should he contribute by the time I next check back in, I'll re-evaluate.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 15:28 GMT
#147
On January 27 2013 21:17 zarepath wrote:
Don't "shut up for a while." That's not town-motivated. Think about who else you'd like to pressure. If you shut up every time somebody criticizes you for pressuring them, that's not going to go super well.


Great point. I'm offering to cool my jets (for now) because I think sn0man has a legitimate complaint about controlling town. I totally don't agree with sn0man that scum hunting D1 is "rich", though. Would he prefer scum get a free pass D1? I would like others' take on this. Maybe there's someone else that sn0man would allow to scumhunt, without accusing them of being a Mocsta doppelganger?

I didn't forget about you. You were manner enough to explain why your contributions were going to be thin D1. And the posts you are making are good.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 15:39 GMT
#148
Also, I'm with Glurio.

##Vote: SkaPunk

SkaPunk has demonstrated that he is in fact capable of using the post box. Maybe if we pressure him some more, he'll actually contribute.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 27 2013 18:41 GMT
#149
Alright, well I'm leaving in about 5 minutes and won't be back before lynch deadline, so I have to vote now.

Clearly AFKing and SkaPunk are the 2 least active players by a wide margin, and while SkaPunk did make a post, it really doesn't count as such. I'll vote for him in the hopes that AFKing's first post is worth something... or doesn't happen if you get my drift.

##Vote: SkaPunk
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 18:47 GMT
#150
Don't forget about abenson. I will be around for lynch, so my vote is by no means permanent.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 27 2013 18:59 GMT
#151
I'll cover that base WB.

##Vote: Abenson

If these are the three mafia their coach must be ridiculously annoyed.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 27 2013 19:01 GMT
#152
To keep the discussion going along:

Do you guys think that town/scum claims (not blue claims) have any effect on your opinion of the person whatsoever?

To me, claiming town/scum is a null point. Anyone can do it.
Grubby's #1 Fan
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 19:53 GMT
#153
On January 28 2013 03:59 cDgCorazon wrote:
I'll cover that base WB.

##Vote: Abenson

If these are the three mafia their coach must be ridiculously annoyed.


I will certainly not be annoyed if we lynch a lurker and they flip scum. I don't think this will happen D1 though, due to the scum team's information advantage. Going by statistics it's most probable one of the 3 lurkers is scum, if one assumes lurkers are evenly distributed.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Slayalot
Profile Joined January 2013
Denmark15 Posts
January 27 2013 20:08 GMT
#154
Is it just me, or is this game going to end very badly, with 2-4 modkills on day 1?
There are 5 hours left, before day 1 ends?
Im not good at time-zones but the game started the 26th at around 10:00.. Now it's 28th and 4:42... Yes?

And if I'm not mistaking there are 2 afk people. And skapunk's oneliner.
Furthermore it's bedtime now, in europe..

Or maybe people wait till the end with their post/vote???

Anyway.. I don't think I will have the chance to change my vote, so I will have to vote on the information so far.

##Vote: Skapunk

At the time you made your first post, you knew our stands on lurking and writing pointless posts, yet you wrote 1 line.
That is either the most stupid thing ever done, or you simply dont care about this game. Either way, I dont see how you can contribute to finding scum.
If you write within the next 5 hours, and clear your name, I wont have the option to change my vote ( as I will be asleep )
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 27 2013 20:08 GMT
#155
Well there's a 1/3rd chance that we lynch the right player if we LAL today. So there's not much to lose on a lurker lynch.

I really hope that all three of them aren't mafia, because if they do not vote and get modkilled (I hope I'm not breaking a rule by saying that) there are some scary players waiting in the replacement section if they're all mafia.

Just theorycrafting. Hosts let me know if I broke any rules by speculating about it.
Grubby's #1 Fan
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 27 2013 20:22 GMT
#156
Hey i'm at work now (i work nights). I'm usually able to play, but there are some nights when the wifi doesn't work or i'll have my hands full.
So i'll cast my vote just to be sure.

##Vote: SkaPunk

He posted but his post was useless, could have at least said if he thought LAL is a good idea and that he's busy rest of the day.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
January 27 2013 21:10 GMT
#157
I'm considering switching my vote to AFKing or abenson. SkaPunk did at least post once. And it appears that the idea of pressuring him into posting more is not working, so far.

I will be so happy if SkaPunk, AFKing, or abenson would post something. You could pick something someone said, that you agree or disagree with, and add a few sentences explaining why you feel that way. I promise I won't attack you (at least not today, and not at all if your posts are good).

On January 28 2013 05:08 cDgCorazon wrote:
Well there's a 1/3rd chance that we lynch the right player if we LAL today. So there's not much to lose on a lurker lynch.

I really hope that all three of them aren't mafia, because if they do not vote and get modkilled (I hope I'm not breaking a rule by saying that) there are some scary players waiting in the replacement section if they're all mafia.

Just theorycrafting. Hosts let me know if I broke any rules by speculating about it.


There is a 1/3rd chance, if you assume scum is evenly distributed among the lurkers. I'm not sure this is a totally valid assumption, although it probably makes more sense than all of the lurkers being scum.

Who are the replacements? The only one I could find is cakepie.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 27 2013 22:36 GMT
#158
Well Mocsta might be interested too...and that would be scary as well.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
January 27 2013 22:55 GMT
#159
Please stop discussing modkills/replacements. If they break the activity rule I'll look for replacements, in the meantime play like normal. Thanks.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 27 2013 23:05 GMT
#160
I think that it's out of character for Corazon to be speculating so severely as to the hypothetical spread of mafia among lurkers and the possibilities of replacements. And to knowingly break rules and ask for mods to tell him he's breaking a rule instead of just looking it up when he's unsure if he's breaking the rule or not.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 50m
Stellar Fest
16h 50m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.