• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:05
CEST 14:05
KST 21:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202618Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10242 users

TL Mafia XXXIX - Page 72

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 137 Next
PaqMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1475 Posts
May 09 2011 21:31 GMT
#1421
On May 10 2011 00:16 sandroba wrote:
Ok people, I've been think about all the possibilities and I'd like to sugest the following, in case there are any DTs left:
Vig hit on GGQ or Eternal. DT check on cthsazsa. You might ask me why waste a check on cthsazsa? The game is pretty much in the bag for town otherwise. The only chance we can still lose this is if somehow this was planed move from the scum team and I don't like to leave things to chance.
There is a very slight possibility that cthsazsa was scum all along and the scum team would lose a member either way, so they fake claimed DT to build incredible town cred. That's pretty much the only way this game is not lost for scum.
It's going to be pretty easy to pin all the scum team on behaviour otherwise, and although I believe the chances of this being the case are pretty small, we can afford to right now.
If cthsazsa comes back town then we know for sure we are on the right track.
How do you feel about this chaoser?


This isn't directed towards you Chaoser, but lets say someone takes up the call and does a "rolecheck", and brings us a false claim. At this point, scum can claim to be a DT, create a fake rolecheck and lead us off the right track.
That's just something to be aware of.
I just got home, I'm gonna try to go back and reread the posts I missed.
t(ツ)t
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 09 2011 21:39 GMT
#1422
It's not as easy as making a fake DT claim and lead us off the right track. They'd have to back up their DT check with actual analysis plus at this point no one would actually claim DT since there's no reason to. Finally if the person they claim is red is lynched and flips green or blue, we just caught a mafia? It's not like we take every claim at face value
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 09 2011 21:50 GMT
#1423
Here's how it works: Dude claims dt. Says "xxx is mafia, I checked him." We lynch xxx. If xxx comes back miller or scum, we've got a confirmed dt, everything is happy. If he comes back blue/green, we lynch/vigi the guy who claimed dt.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
May 09 2011 21:57 GMT
#1424
On May 10 2011 05:53 Varpulis wrote:
Chaoser's list seems solid, assuming it is
  • Sinani
  • GGQ
  • Eternal
  • TBD (don't have a strong read on a 4th, possibly Forumite)
I was looking through the list of players, trying to find TBD, until I remembered the acronym.

Also, I´m not scum.
:3
Eternalmisfit
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States643 Posts
May 09 2011 22:18 GMT
#1425
At this point, considering how badly the people think I am scum, I would recommend a vigi-hit on myself. I know that I have painted myself scum badly with my bad analysis yesterday and most people are taking for granted I am scum.

Even though I know I am town, here is why it is beneficial for the town to take a vigi-hit on me:

If I flip scum, the town gets a mafia kill regardless so it is a good deal for the town.

If I flip town, the town does not waste the next day trying to lynch me instead of focusing on other scum. Even as town, my reads have been bad and this flip won't be too detrimental on the town. Also, unless it is confirmed that I am town tonight, my analysis/posts will most likely be perceived as scum trying to distract attention on someone.

A DT check on me would not work since chaoser is almost guaranteed to be role-blocked. And, even if there is another DT, he shouldn't claim once he gets a town role-check on me since that would make him vulnerable to mafia kill the night after.

The only con would be losing the vigi-hit when I flip town but in place of that vigi-hit you get a chance to focus on finding scum and lynch mafia the upcoming day.
PaqMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1475 Posts
May 09 2011 22:34 GMT
#1426
You might as well stay alive. I'm sure most people are confident in lynching GGQ when day comes.
t(ツ)t
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 09 2011 22:43 GMT
#1427
Yeah, Eternal, just keep contributing and analysing. Of the three on chaoser's list, I'm the least confident about you. Your analyses have seemed similar to what you were doing in Surprisingly Normal, and you were town in that one, IIRC. Being wrong doesn't mean you're scum. I'd like to see Chaoser's reason for FoSing you, actually.

Martyring yourself is not the answer.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 09 2011 23:40 GMT
#1428
Eternal, what you did there only contributed to me thinking you are scum, because if you are town, wasting a vig hit on you is definitively anti-town. However if you are scum, asking for a vig hit and providing this kind of explanation may lead some to believe that you are trying to contribute and reconsider their thoughts. If you want to prove your worth to the town the best way to do it is to catch scum.
If I'm alive tomorrow I'll take a look at your posts and see if somehow I was wrong about you.
Eternalmisfit
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States643 Posts
May 10 2011 00:52 GMT
#1429
On May 10 2011 08:40 sandroba wrote:
Eternal, what you did there only contributed to me thinking you are scum, because if you are town, wasting a vig hit on you is definitively anti-town. However if you are scum, asking for a vig hit and providing this kind of explanation may lead some to believe that you are trying to contribute and reconsider their thoughts. If you want to prove your worth to the town the best way to do it is to catch scum.
If I'm alive tomorrow I'll take a look at your posts and see if somehow I was wrong about you.


It is a catch-22 situation for me. If I posted analysis on someone, I would be called scum for trying to divert attention. If I don't post, I am scum for lurking or becoming inactive after active for last few days. If I respond to why I am not scum, I will be perceived as scum for being too defensive. Even the above post that I made can be thought of as scummy.

Regardless of the above, if I am alive tomorrow, I still plan to be active and hunt for scum.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 10 2011 01:12 GMT
#1430
Make analysis. I"m not going to call you scum for it. I might call you scum anyways, but not because you post analysis.

If you don't, i'm definitely going to call you scum.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
PaqMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1475 Posts
May 10 2011 01:36 GMT
#1431
On May 10 2011 10:12 Varpulis wrote:
Make analysis. I"m not going to call you scum for it. I might call you scum anyways, but not because you post analysis.

If you don't, i'm definitely going to call you scum.


Wtf, this post hardly makes any sense. Why would you call him scum, then?
t(ツ)t
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
May 10 2011 01:38 GMT
#1432
How many hours left?
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
May 10 2011 01:42 GMT
#1433
An hour and 20 minutes huh. I'll post it later.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 10 2011 01:44 GMT
#1434
On May 10 2011 10:36 Cthsazsa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 10:12 Varpulis wrote:
Make analysis. I"m not going to call you scum for it. I might call you scum anyways, but not because you post analysis.

If you don't, i'm definitely going to call you scum.


Wtf, this post hardly makes any sense. Why would you call him scum, then?

If I analyze him and determine that he's scummy, I'll call him scum. I was simply stating that him posting his analysis would not be a contributing factor in me calling him scum, as long as the analysis is good.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
May 10 2011 02:47 GMT
#1435
This is in progress - I'm posting this just in case I'm killed in the night (though not likely)

[url blocked]

The excel file contains the vote time and target for the past 2 days. It's quite interesting. I'll post a full analysis after day breaks and I have a few more identifiers.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 10 2011 03:00 GMT
#1436
The Night is Over! Cheer! (I hope you've figured out I don't do day/night posts by now )
Moderator
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
May 10 2011 03:00 GMT
#1437
Yo vig here, just shot redtooth because I'm quite sure he's gf. Cross your fingers.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
May 10 2011 03:01 GMT
#1438
Day 3

[image loading]


The residents cower in their houses at night, scared to show themselves with the ever-increasing threat of violence. They hear the sound of guns ripping through the darkness.

In the morning, they discover chaoser slumped over a railing, riddled with a simply ridiculous number of bullets. But not far away, they find GGQ collapsed on the ground, shot once in the head.

They disperse, and prepare for the next night.

chaoser the Veteran is dead.
GGQ the Mafia Roleblocker is dead.





Day 3 has started! The mafia has taken a significant blow, but not everything is what the town thought it was...
whole lies with a half smile
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 03:02 GMT
#1439
lol, what up town
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
May 10 2011 03:02 GMT
#1440
Meh, I tried.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 137 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko276
LamboSC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23492
Calm 5824
Rain 1973
Bisu 1204
FanTaSy 1025
Horang2 507
Jaedong 472
Rush 336
BeSt 289
Soma 270
[ Show more ]
Zeus 216
Stork 215
Mini 187
Light 118
Larva 109
Free 103
Snow 84
ZerO 83
Pusan 81
Mong 80
Mind 76
Barracks 72
910 70
Hyun 49
Killer 43
Sea.KH 42
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 26
Shinee 26
NaDa 25
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Noble 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6986
Counter-Strike
fl0m1996
olofmeister949
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
gofns32999
singsing1926
B2W.Neo629
dupreeh401
crisheroes263
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2658
• Nemesis1866
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.