• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9344 users

[NYC/Long Island] Tving OSL Finals Meetup Thread

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 20:46:23
June 22 2012 20:56 GMT
#1
PLEASE RSVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! I NEED TO SUBMIT A LIST OF PEOPLE COMING TO CYBERCRAFT TO THE OWNER BY THURSDAY, SO IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE RSVP!

THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IS NOW LIMITED TO 25 (excluding me) BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY 20 25 COMPUTERS HERE RIGHT NOW!!


Obligatory LAN FAQ
+ Show Spoiler +

I am really young / don't want to drive / am underage / don't want to party. Should I come?
Yes.
I am bad at StarCraft. Should I come?
Yes.
I don't know many people from the TL community / am really shy. Should I come?
Yes.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes.
I have a really cute Asian girlfriend / sister / friend. Should I bring her?
Yes.
I am free to come, but for the above reasons I will pretend to be busy. Will I be banned from TeamLiquid?
Yes.


Who: + Show Spoiler [OSL SPOILER ALERT] +
(P)JangBi vs (T)Fantasy

What: Tving OSL Finals
When: July 27th-28th, 2012 August 3rd-4th, 2012
Where: CYBERCRAFT!!!

Why: It's the last BW OSL. Last chance to see great Korean players play great BW.
How (this event will go down):

Friday 7PM SHARP!!: Dinner at Sam Won Gak
9-10 PM: Arrive at Cybercraft. Please have your $25s ready. You will be given 6 hours to play BW and other games on the computers.
Saturday 5 AM: Start watching OSL Finals.
After OSL Finals: breakfast, maybe?

BW only has LAN at the moment, since they still have not received a bulk of CD-keys.

We will watch the OSL Finals in the morning and then we may or may not go out for breakfast (if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them).

Feel free to bring snacks and drinks, but I encourage you to purchase candy and drinks from the front desk as a show of support to the new Cybercraft. Also, please be careful when consuming food at Cybercraft and please clean up after yourselves.

Hope to see you all then!


Final RSVP list i have right now is:

ZoW
Kibibit
Flamewheel
Flamewheel's friend
Slowbullets
Jealous
lilwhisper
uikos
]343[
shi
micronesia
phelix
blasterion
Hoban
n3mo
rebirthoflegend
rebirthoflegend's friend
LosingID8
Wyrm_uW
Agony
Garo

RSVPs are now officially CLOSED!!!
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
June 22 2012 22:22 GMT
#2
Buy me a plane ticket so that I can go to your house.

If not, I'll try to give some shoutout at the venue.
ppp
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
June 23 2012 00:22 GMT
#3
A few days of stocking up food and drinks leading up to the match isn't bad, such as heading to a warehouse store to stock up on chips and soda. There must be a lot of Coca-Cola for ZoW, and pizza from Pizza Hut from Blasterion and I.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
June 23 2012 03:42 GMT
#4

1. NO ALCOHOL. No exceptions.
2. No cigarettes. If you MUST smoke, please go down the street and then smoke.

i wonder who this is mainly directed at lol
the courage to be a lazy bum
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 23 2012 04:57 GMT
#5
I'm there.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
June 23 2012 12:37 GMT
#6
also i know there are still a few net cafes around in flushing, we could all play bw at one of those beforehand / after dinner
the courage to be a lazy bum
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-23 12:45:19
June 23 2012 12:44 GMT
#7
On June 23 2012 21:37 ZoW wrote:
also i know there are still a few net cafes around in flushing, we could all play bw at one of those beforehand / after dinner


Good idea. Any particular place in mind? There's netcafe above modell's and another PC cafe by the LIRR bridge.

But the buses don't run at wee hours in the morning, so unless we have enough cars (which I doubt), then we cannot stay too late.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
June 23 2012 12:49 GMT
#8
yeah i'd bank on the latest we can stay out is around 1-2ish, or we could be real men and not give a fuck and walk to your place after

i know of those 2, there is also one up at union across from the big parking lot. i'll remember to scout out some of them next time i'm around in flushing. there may be a few more i don't know about, we'll see
the courage to be a lazy bum
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
June 23 2012 12:51 GMT
#9
On June 23 2012 21:49 ZoW wrote:
yeah i'd bank on the latest we can stay out is around 1-2ish, or we could be real men and not give a fuck and walk to your place after

i know of those 2, there is also one up at union across from the big parking lot. i'll remember to scout out some of them next time i'm around in flushing. there may be a few more i don't know about, we'll see


My place is pretty far from Flushing...

I tried walking to Flushing once, it took almost two whole hours.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
June 23 2012 19:52 GMT
#10
Just checked out the place next to the Union parking lot.

I played on iccup here. You can download iccup launcher and the mappack and play iccup (no hosting, obviously).
It's also cheaper than old Cybercraft, although it's smaller.
Closes at 1 AM though.

Thoughts?
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
June 23 2012 23:55 GMT
#11
why host on iccup when we have ancient forbidden technologies like LAN and offline play yo
the courage to be a lazy bum
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
June 24 2012 00:00 GMT
#12
On June 24 2012 08:55 ZoW wrote:
why host on iccup when we have ancient forbidden technologies like LAN and offline play yo

just putting all of what we can do out there.

Breakfast is still a concern, though...
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
June 24 2012 00:34 GMT
#13
sounds like fun but you guys are too far from harlem lol
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
June 24 2012 02:40 GMT
#14
Damn dude thats far, Flushing is a long ways already but Long Island!?!
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
eeniebear
Profile Joined February 2010
United States197 Posts
June 24 2012 03:33 GMT
#15
Geh, I'm in Ridgewood. LI is just too far.
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
June 24 2012 03:57 GMT
#16
Technically, it's not Long Island, it's in Bayside, which is a part of Queens, though it is pretty close. From where I live, it would take 2+ hours from home to get there, but I'll be getting off of work, so the traveling is slightly less of a burden.

Obviously there must be a round 2 of Breakfast. IHOP vs. Me.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
June 24 2012 05:21 GMT
#17
On June 24 2012 09:34 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like fun but you guys are too far from harlem lol

If I head over I can pick you up in Harlem, not entirely sure if I am going. Is there parking near by and how much is it? I went to school in Manhattan but never wondered over to Queens so I don't really know the area.

and wtf, take the subway It would cost you like 2$
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
June 24 2012 05:23 GMT
#18
Bayside is a bitch to get to by public transit especially at night lol.

Hf all, I'll be in korea but I wouldn't come anyway.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 10:55:42
June 24 2012 10:41 GMT
#19
On June 24 2012 14:21 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 09:34 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like fun but you guys are too far from harlem lol

If I head over I can pick you up in Harlem, not entirely sure if I am going. Is there parking near by and how much is it? I went to school in Manhattan but never wondered over to Queens so I don't really know the area.

and wtf, take the subway It would cost you like 2$


There is plenty of parking near here, so do not worry about that. It is almost like a suburb, so no charge for parking.

No IHOPs nearby, though...
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
June 24 2012 18:44 GMT
#20
I'm definitely in, yo.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 242
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10669
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm184
febbydoto22
League of Legends
Doublelift5331
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 238
minikerr51
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King307
hungrybox141
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick451
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 195
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo586
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.