• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5725 users

TwitchTest: Twitch Bandwidth Tester - Page 3

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
ZenKeep
Profile Joined October 2015
1 Post
October 21 2015 23:31 GMT
#41
[image loading]
I dont know why I only have 1ms rtt, and the quality is the same in almost all server
Im from Chile, so in that server suposed to be the best, but is the same
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
October 22 2015 00:03 GMT
#42
The RTT information comes from the windows networking system, it can be unreliable if there are 3rd party drivers or other things that may buffer data or otherwise interfere with connections.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
MementoMori1992
Profile Joined October 2015
1 Post
October 26 2015 10:46 GMT
#43
Anyone have an idea as to why I get such ridiculous numbers here in asia? my internet is pretty much the best there is regarding up and down, and regardless, these numbers seem ridiculous.

[image loading]
RedruMovie
Profile Joined November 2015
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 18:32:59
November 08 2015 17:57 GMT
#44
Can anyone here please tell me what I can do about this? I have random screen freezes while streaming, but the audio is fine. We have a very old router, so maybe that's the problem? I'm not a genius when it comes to this...
[image loading]
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
November 09 2015 01:20 GMT
#45
check your ping and packet loss with www.pingtest.net or a similar service

200 is a very high ping to have to a streaming server (i have ~20 in europe, ~150 across continents) but if it's stable (~1-25ms jitter, 0% packet loss) then it's usually fine. If you're dropping packets, that's not good
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 09 2015 02:50 GMT
#46
On October 26 2015 19:46 MementoMori1992 wrote:
Anyone have an idea as to why I get such ridiculous numbers here in asia? my internet is pretty much the best there is regarding up and down, and regardless, these numbers seem ridiculous.

[image loading]


I am wondering if this tool is broken. I am getting 1k+ ping to everything in NA, tested and can stream fine on the servers no problem. Not sure what's going on :/.
When I think of something else, something will go here
RedruMovie
Profile Joined November 2015
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 09:44:25
November 09 2015 09:26 GMT
#47
On November 09 2015 10:20 Cyro wrote:
check your ping and packet loss with www.pingtest.net or a similar service

200 is a very high ping to have to a streaming server (i have ~20 in europe, ~150 across continents) but if it's stable (~1-25ms jitter, 0% packet loss) then it's usually fine. If you're dropping packets, that's not good


I just did the test, and apparantly I didn't have Java installed yet, so it couldn't calculate the packet loss. But after installing Java, it kept telling me that I didn't have it...
[image loading]

EDIT: I noticed that I had to use firefox instead of chrome. This is my result now: [image loading]
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 09 2015 18:18 GMT
#48
Note that the RTT shown is only an estimate reported by Windows. It doesn't measure true ping (ICMP) and anti virus or other security software is known to interfere with it as it intercepts connections.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
RedruMovie
Profile Joined November 2015
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-10 15:07:13
November 10 2015 15:06 GMT
#49
Ok so I went from this:
[image loading]


to this:


[image loading]

Is that good or bad news? because the ping went up like an airballoon, but so did the quality, which I find pretty werid... :p
xDraga
Profile Joined November 2015
1 Post
November 12 2015 00:11 GMT
#50
So i am definitely in trouble?
[image loading]
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
November 25 2015 18:56 GMT
#51
Hey R1ch, started streaming just for the heck of it. First two days I was having no issues whatsoever with it, now it seems my entire internet is choppy.

Tested out your program, max I'm getting is 55+ ish Quality. One looked good at around 75, then shortly after my stream DCED. Ran the test again, says it "failed" to that location now. Is something fishy or just bad internet/throttling?
GoonE
Profile Joined November 2015
1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-11-29 21:24:41
November 29 2015 21:21 GMT
#52
Hi , man I need help with my I stream bad , I've been streaming daily without any problems and this past Friday 11/27/2015 I was streaming without any issues for about 6 hours into it and then IT HAPPEN , OH NO lol . well I tried changing encoding , changing fps , changing FMS URL , changing x264 CPU preset , testing internet . I don't know what to do from here , I need help with this . here's my link for crash log, https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/dropping-frames-like-theres-no-tomorrow-please-help.39739/

ok heres some screen shoots of bandwidth test , I don't understand why quality number shows only when I abort please explain , thank you for any help . [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 30 2015 16:39 GMT
#53
Seems like you connectivity to Twitch is really bad. If the rest of your internet is running fine I would suggest contacting your ISP.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Scorne9000
Profile Joined January 2016
1 Post
January 19 2016 18:03 GMT
#54
I keep getting a message saying, "Failed to download Twitch ingest list". Any ideas how to solve this problem?
w00dy
Profile Joined January 2016
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 09:25:24
January 26 2016 09:24 GMT
#55
I'm in need of determining issues with my downloads to various twitch servers. is there a tool i can get that'll check that for me? I've run the tool to determine "quality" but i think my home internet's upload is so bad it defaults everything to 0 quality anyway...

Backstory:

I'm aussie starting to stream, and none of my mates can watch my low bitrate stream, but can watch overseas high bitrate streams. I've ruled out my upload (i stream from uni with god-tier internet, and if you watch from on campus it looks A-OK), but no one can watch from home.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 26 2016 23:20 GMT
#56
You need more viewers, if you only have a handful of viewers your steam only comes from San Francisco which will of course suck for Australian viewers.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 27 2016 08:55 GMT
#57
On January 27 2016 08:20 R1CH wrote:
You need more viewers, if you only have a handful of viewers your steam only comes from San Francisco which will of course suck for Australian viewers.


Any more details on how this works? Is it the server you select to stream to in OBS/Xsplit?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 27 2016 16:36 GMT
#58
No, all the ingest servers send the data to SF, then it gets replicated across the network based on demand from different geographies.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-27 18:56:39
January 27 2016 18:53 GMT
#59
I'm surprised that they would do things that way - going 10k miles across continents and back even if everyone sending+watching the stream is within 50 miles of an ingest server

am kinda curious to learn more especially as the big streaming sites seem to suffer from some fairly widespread routing issues
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
w00dy
Profile Joined January 2016
2 Posts
January 28 2016 06:55 GMT
#60
oh but if im watching a partner it comes from sydney?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech158
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3737
Rain 1792
GuemChi 468
FanTaSy 419
sSak 46
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Hm[arnc] 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 56
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1180
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King256
Other Games
summit1g8016
WinterStarcraft681
C9.Mang0169
KnowMe45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick745
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2179
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Rush961
• Stunt450
Other Games
• Shiphtur763
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 4m
INu's Battles
5h 4m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 4m
OSC
16h 19m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.