• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
MakhanaSnackPrice StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8588 users

SC2 No Sound

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
December 11 2011 08:45 GMT
#1
Hey, I searched google, and searched TL for someone who might know how to fix what's going on.

Here's a simple story as to what's going on with my computer.

I haven't played SC2 in a long time. I decided to play again. I'm listening to my playlist of music. I start up SC2. My music stops playing. I minimize SC2, music player says music is still running. I alt f4 out of SC2. I can hear music again.

I start up SC2 again. Music stopped. I go to sound options in SC2, and I mess around with all of the settings, and still get no sound. I join a game, still no sound. I alt+f4 SC2. I hear my music again.

I use Windows 7, I use a lenovo laptop, all my drivers and updates are up to date. This has been going on for about 2-3 months now.

HELPPPPPPPPPPP
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
December 11 2011 08:57 GMT
#2
Control S.

Jk

You should set your sc2 to windowed mode. I think fullscreened mode may mess with alt tabbing.
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Hydra`
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong42 Posts
December 11 2011 09:07 GMT
#3
On December 11 2011 17:57 Brutaxilos wrote:
Control S.

Jk

You should set your sc2 to windowed mode. I think fullscreened mode may mess with alt tabbing.


I never had problem with Full screen mode..

OP did you check your output device for SC2 is the one you normally use? (starcraft 2 menu > sound setting)
Hai.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 16:51:42
December 13 2011 16:50 GMT
#4
yeah i checked it, i messed with all of the settings, couldn't fix the issue. And I can't hear either SC2 sound or my music. It's as if SC2 mutes all sounds.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
lSasquatchl
Profile Joined February 2011
United States309 Posts
December 13 2011 17:12 GMT
#5
Try goin to start and in the search type "sound" and go to the sound panel. And check for defaults for your sound output devices. Also, check your mixer while you are in SC2 and see how your sound outputs are being picked up and distributed.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 13 2011 17:30 GMT
#6
Go to sound in control panel or the bottom right of taskbar, playback devices, uncheck these on your main playback device (or all of them if you are unsure) and try again after a restart, might fix it.

[image loading]
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
lSasquatchl
Profile Joined February 2011
United States309 Posts
December 14 2011 14:53 GMT
#7
Are you still trying to resolve this or did some of the advice work? It would be nice to know for people having this problem in the future.
.Mystic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada486 Posts
January 28 2012 11:14 GMT
#8
anyone know hwo to fix this? i have no sound on my starcraft 2. I can hear background music but no unit noise.. Cntrl S doesn't work it just keeps saying sound disabled. I recently palyed around with my varaible.txt, maybe theres a command missing in there?
1hpBuiltForLove
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada89 Posts
January 28 2012 12:57 GMT
#9
If you are going to make changes and do tests, remember to close and reopen SC2 after each change you make. Games do not recognize new sound settings until they restart.
Max Chee
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia17 Posts
February 15 2012 05:56 GMT
#10
I am having the same problem sometimes my sc2 does that especially when i am streaming
DLN.sc2
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden4 Posts
November 11 2012 07:43 GMT
#11
I personally had this issue just due to because to two sound drivers being set as Primary, a bug when installing Steelseries Siberia V2 Sound Drivers, resolved this issue by setting the Siberia as to default.
RaseRy
Profile Joined August 2021
1 Post
August 27 2021 20:43 GMT
#12
[image loading]
[image loading]

I disabled one microphone from windows option and choose manually right Output voice in the game.

I had problems with mic in the past. It's a struggle on laptops.

Hopefully it will help someone out there.

Good luck and happy monster slaying
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1337
ComeBackTV 507
SteadfastSC455
TaKeTV 398
LamboSC2289
Rex135
IndyStarCraft 120
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 455
LamboSC2 289
ProTech148
Rex 135
IndyStarCraft 120
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34639
Shuttle 2658
EffOrt 845
Horang2 822
Light 718
Soma 631
Mini 575
BeSt 330
Stork 314
firebathero 301
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 241
Rush 217
Snow 210
ggaemo 207
ZerO 190
Zeus 137
Leta 118
sorry 80
Killer 79
Pusan 77
hero 75
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 40
Shine 38
Mind 36
Mong 33
Shinee 33
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Aegong 24
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 21
Yoon 19
Trap 19
NotJumperer 19
Free 18
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10152
Dendi908
qojqva888
Fuzer 183
420jenkins118
Counter-Strike
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2242
crisheroes1226
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns39486
singsing1973
B2W.Neo899
Hui .182
Liquid`VortiX161
ToD128
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King76
QueenE74
Railgan15
Chillindude14
ZerO(Twitch)14
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile15
• Gemini_19 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2104
League of Legends
• Nemesis2668
• Jankos2044
• TFBlade890
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 43m
Stellar Fest
22h 43m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.