• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10100 users

Brightness on Windowed?

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
david.oh.k
Profile Joined March 2011
United States92 Posts
June 30 2011 11:17 GMT
#1
Just got a new computer recently, and now I can play on windowed full screen without any lag and smooth fps. But, my monitor is still pretty old and it's not very bright on SCII for some reason when it's fine for anything else. If I play in regular full screen mode then I can just easily turn up the brightness, but I can't do that for windowed mode. Is there any way to up the brightness if you have the game on windowed full screen?
schreddertt
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany102 Posts
June 30 2011 11:21 GMT
#2
On June 30 2011 20:17 david.oh.k wrote:
Just got a new computer recently, and now I can play on windowed full screen without any lag and smooth fps. But, my monitor is still pretty old and it's not very bright on SCII for some reason when it's fine for anything else. If I play in regular full screen mode then I can just easily turn up the brightness, but I can't do that for windowed mode. Is there any way to up the brightness if you have the game on windowed full screen?



You can only increase it via your monitor directly.
SomniGiggles
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom214 Posts
June 30 2011 11:22 GMT
#3
In windowed mode it takes the brightness from your desktop. However it always seems to be so dark. The only way of changing it - as far as I am aware - is by making your desktop brighter or just running it again in Full-screen.
david.oh.k
Profile Joined March 2011
United States92 Posts
June 30 2011 12:21 GMT
#4
Awww, well my monitor is already max brightness. No luck for me I guess?
darkpit1
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
June 30 2011 13:14 GMT
#5
What GPU do you use? if its AMD/ATI you can use the Catalyst Control Center and up the Brightness, and I'm sure Nvidia has something similar as well.
Sometimes, you just gotta play baseball
SomniGiggles
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom214 Posts
June 30 2011 13:22 GMT
#6
Yeah as for Nvidia you can use the 'Nvidia Control Panel' just edit the brightness/gamma there.
Packeteer
Profile Joined September 2010
United States105 Posts
June 30 2011 15:56 GMT
#7
I have the exact same problem. I run sc2 in windowed mode and use a CRT that is not too bright. I also use an nvidia card. Here is my fix.

I open the "nvidia control panel" and go under "Display" to "Adjust Desktop Color Settings", click the"use nvidia settings" radio button which enables the options below it. I turn up the "Gamma" a bit until it is bright enough. The desktop is slightly washed out looking but I turn it back down if I really care about it but generally I am playing sc2.

I am not sure if you have an ATI card how to change the gamme but that works for nvidia.
A Marine walks into a a bar and asks... where is the counter?
david.oh.k
Profile Joined March 2011
United States92 Posts
June 30 2011 18:56 GMT
#8
On June 30 2011 22:14 darkpit1 wrote:
What GPU do you use? if its AMD/ATI you can use the Catalyst Control Center and up the Brightness, and I'm sure Nvidia has something similar as well.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6570. Where is the catalyst control center on the computer? The computer runs on Windows 7 so would I find it in the control panel?
UltraPissed
Profile Joined August 2013
1 Post
August 21 2013 17:38 GMT
#9
I actually found a solution to this problem for those that have Windows 7 but are unable to fix it with the Nvidia Control Center or Catalyst Control for radeon..Like for those that use integrated graphics ><

Open up Starcraft, put it in whatever windowed mode you want, then Simply type brightness into your search on the start menu and choose "Calibrate Display Colors". You can also find it in the control panel. You've got to press next a few times, and on the 3rd or 4th screen it will let you raise or lower your screen Gamma, if you actually do the test you will probably realize that your screen has gamma way too low and it's not just starcraft, so just fix it and take a look at your SC. .Should b good.

Owned, GG
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1298
soO 409
Hyuk 388
Mini 267
ZerO 183
Killer 73
Shinee 46
Mind 38
Mong 29
Bale 28
[ Show more ]
PianO 25
Larva 22
ZergMaN 15
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 13
HiyA 12
Dota 2
XaKoH 700
XcaliburYe345
League of Legends
JimRising 369
Counter-Strike
byalli601
Other Games
olofmeister962
singsing899
ceh9665
Happy349
Livibee185
crisheroes166
Mew2King65
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH365
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1600
• Stunt395
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.