• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9176 users

[H] Can't join/create games in SC2. weird problem.

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 02:16:15
June 16 2011 23:02 GMT
#1
edit: Can play now using a VPN service. Found a free one that only gives 300kbps, but that's enough for sc2. Still not ideal since it might cause a bit of lag, but it's playable.

I recently moved to a new apartment/dorm. The internet connection/speed is fine, but I simply cannot play sc2 at all. Whether I try to create a game, join a custom, get invited to a lobby, or use the ladder auto-match.

It will either get to "Player Found!" and then never proceed for ladder, or it will have the loading circle for joining/creating, and I cannot even get into a game lobby. Once I try to create/join once, the buttons will then be grayed out once I cancel and try again.

I figured some ports I needed were being blocked , but the IT person claims they don't have any ports blocked or anything like that.

I'm using a wireless, unsecured connection (it's supposed to require a user ID and password, but they don't have it set up correctly.)

Additionally, torrenting I cannot get to work at all, this isn't important to me, but I thought it might be related. It's pretty damn odd really, I cannot download the .torrent file, and I've tried various sites. If I click the button to begin the .torrent file download (the tiny file that the client uses) then I my mouse just gets the little hourglass for a while until the page becomes unresponsive.

Thanks for any insight into this, I think the two issues must be related. The not being able to even download a .torrent file has me pretty perplexed.

edit: The games I try to join and the ladder games I try to play still get put on my match list as losses or ties, interestingly enough.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
June 16 2011 23:09 GMT
#2
Have you checked yourself whether the ports are blocked or not using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ ?

Starcraft II uses port 1119.
Cryhavoc
Profile Joined April 2010
372 Posts
June 16 2011 23:12 GMT
#3
i just tried 1119 on that site and failed but i have no problem
En Taro Adun!
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
June 16 2011 23:16 GMT
#4
That's what Blizzard says Starcraft II uses :| I'm just the messenger: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=34063

If you're not connectable on your torrents than your ports aren't opened or there is something restricting it.

If you aren't even able to download torrent files than that points to the ISP blocking you.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 23:46:41
June 16 2011 23:45 GMT
#5
On June 17 2011 08:09 skyR wrote:
Have you checked yourself whether the ports are blocked or not using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ ?

Starcraft II uses port 1119.



I get:

"Error: I could not see your service on 64.206.141.xx on port (1119 )
Reason: Connection refused"



Trying random ports, I've yet to find one that doesn't give me the above error.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason177
BRAT_OK 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Artosis 671
Mini 249
Dewaltoss 130
ZZZero.O 85
Mind 75
Hyun 39
Bale 27
NaDa 26
Dota 2
qojqva2713
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1204
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5987
Khaldor1319
Liquid`Hasu964
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g5820
FrodaN2088
B2W.Neo801
byalli584
ToD187
Railgan44
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1200
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• StrangeGG 27
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• FirePhoenix6
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 20m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.