• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9889 users

Interview With Special At Dreamhack Atlanta 2022

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
StarcraftHistorian
Profile Joined November 2022
United States236 Posts
November 25 2022 14:12 GMT
#1
[image loading]

StarcraftHistorian: You qualified for GSL Super Tournament 2 correct? What are your expectations for that event?

Special: I play against Gumiho in the first round. I played him in the qualifiers and sometimes in the past and we always have close games, so I think I can beat him, and then from there I don’t know, but I can advance from the first round at least.

StarcraftHistorian: How do you feel about your TvT at the moment?

Special: I’m either very on or very off, I’m pretty good, or pretty awful.

StarcraftHistorian: So you were in Korea for a long time, then during COVID you went back to Mexico, how long ago did you get back to Korea?

Special: I’ve been there for about 4 months.

StarcraftHistorian: So, how have you felt as a foreigner in Korea? Any weird experiences?

Special: No, not anything strange. It can be a little lonely, if you don’t speak the language your experience may be different. But for me, since I speak some Korean, I get along pretty easily.

StarcraftHistorian: Has your Korean gotten really good now?

Special: Not really good, but it’s good enough to communicate, share some thoughts. I’m not fluent, but it’s not too bad.

StarcraftHistorian: Do you think you’re going to stay in Korea for a while longer?

Special: Yeah I think so, I like it there a lot, better than Mexico. I had to go back to Mexico for a long time, so I’m just enjoying my time there again.

StarcraftHistorian: How do you feel about the overall health of the Starcraft 2 scene right now?

Special: You know, sadly, with the whole Blizzard situation, I don’t really know what’s going to happen. I don’t feel so great, you know, you just start to go along with things, whatever is going to happen is going to happen with Starcraft 2. You can’t focus on what if, what if, what if, you’ll feel too bad.

StarcraftHistorian: Sometimes there’s a lot of negativity directed at you on Reddit Starcraft, do you read that stuff a lot?

Special: Actually I don’t read it a lot, but for example I posted on there about not getting paid from Nationwars, and I saw a couple very hateful comments. I just laughed, why would I lie about not getting paid $200. Like bro, it’s not like I got first place. I just shared it because I wanted to see if it was true with the other players as well, that they weren’t paid. But honestly, like, to each their own man, you can say whatever you want, it doesn’t affect me. I stopped caring about things like that.

StarcraftHistorian: Why do you think there’s a lot of hostility toward you in communities like r/Starcraft?

Special: I don’t even remember, I think people are still mad at me for things I did when I was a kid.

StarcraftHistorian: That’s what I’ve always thought as well, it seems like people have held onto stuff you may have done as a teen. You’re an adult now.

Special: Yeah it’s confusing I don’t know. There are also good people on there that support me though, you know, you can’t please everyone.

StarcraftHistorian: What are your thoughts on Frost Giant, and Stormgate?

Special: I have high expectations. I hope it’s great, I hope it goes well, I hope it’s a really good game. If it’s good, like that, I will really consider playing it, streaming it, all that stuff. It seems like a natural situation for Starcraft 2 players to move over to it, if it’s a good game.

StarcraftHistorian: Do you think there’s going to be a mass migration over to Stormgate?

Special: From Starcraft 2?

StarcraftHistorian: Yeah.

Special: I think so, If the game is good I think just about everyone will switch. IF the game is good.

StarcraftHistorian: I’ve seen that you’ve been playing some Starcraft 1 recently, at Tasteless LAN Party and stuff like that, how’ve you been enjoying that?

Special: Ah, I just played a couple games because Tasteless asked me to. I was really good at Brood War when I used to play a lot. I haven’t played a lot in a long time though. It’s a game I do enjoy a lot, it’s a very fun game.

StarcraftHistorian: Do you feel like it’s a better game, compared to Starcraft 2?

Special: For me personally, it’s a little biased because I played it (Brood War) for so long, but I really do feel it’s better. Starcraft 2 is also very good, but there’s something back in Brood War, when you lose, you really feel it’s because of you. Not because of a little strategy or something.

StarcraftHistorian: It seems like there’s a lot more mechanical control in Brood War.

Special: Exactly, the game is hard to understand. Just overall, the game is WAY too hard, just WAY too hard for the average person.

StarcraftHistorian: Do you go and spectate the ASL matches or anything like that?

Special: Na, I stopped doing stuff like that. I really enjoy Brood War, but I just try to stay focused on my Starcraft 2 skill.

StarcraftHistorian: Well thank you so much Special, it was great talking to you!

Special: Yeah of course.


- Thanks so much for checking out my interview! If you enjoy content like this, check out my Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNcVp5bJ4ZcaKvhu-ZXk8hA -
ashleyrid822
Profile Joined November 2022
1 Post
November 27 2022 12:30 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
StarcraftHistorian
Profile Joined November 2022
United States236 Posts
November 29 2022 19:46 GMT
#3
On November 27 2022 21:30 ashleyrid822 wrote:
--- Nuked ---

What dis mean?
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 610
UpATreeSC 134
JuggernautJason11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21421
firebathero 200
Rush 136
Dewaltoss 57
Sexy 28
Trap 20
Bale 16
Shine 15
yabsab 10
Djem5 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7665
qojqva1630
420jenkins149
monkeys_forever59
Counter-Strike
fl0m1545
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1931
crisheroes1133
Liquid`Hasu671
XaKoH 161
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby2539
Beastyqt764
ceh9761
FrodaN726
ArmadaUGS193
KnowMe153
Hui .148
byalli144
C9.Mang0133
QueenE106
Trikslyr71
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2288
League of Legends
• TFBlade1186
Other Games
• imaqtpie835
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.