• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:38
CEST 04:38
KST 11:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7547 users

Looking for a Tastosis Relic, Can't Find It...

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Destillat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States30 Posts
January 06 2022 02:33 GMT
#1
There's an old clip of Artosis and Tasteless introducing Nestea to the GSTL when it's his turn to play.

I know the lead is Artosis yelling "IT'S TIME" and at some point Tasteless goes "you stupid god damn nerds...I HAVE TO PLAY?" imitating Nestea.

They then go on to describe how men, women, people faint, worlds cease to exist, etc.

I cannot find it ANYWHERE. I think it was around 2011 or 2012, but I can't find it in any of the GSTL Season 1 2011 Vods and I can't find vods for the original GSTL 1, 2, 3 tournaments.


Anyone have any ideas or a youtube link?
"Right on!"
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
January 06 2022 03:30 GMT
#2
Shit like this is what I was born to do.

It's from the GSTL 2011 ''season 1'' playoff vs MVP, ace match vs (P)TAiLS.
The vod do exist, although they are strangely cut.

You can see the ''It's time'' clip at the end of this one:
+ Show Spoiler +


And the match itself is in this one:
+ Show Spoiler +

Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 06 2022 04:36 GMT
#3
Amazing :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
SpecKROELLchen
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany151 Posts
January 06 2022 08:03 GMT
#4
lol this is so nice, like Nakajin got his once in a lifetime chance to show off his skills and waited for 10 years for this moment :D. Indeed amazing.
washikie
Profile Joined February 2011
United States752 Posts
January 06 2022 09:02 GMT
#5
Man gstl was so dope back in the day.
"when life gives Hero lemons he makes carriers" -Artosis
Destillat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States30 Posts
January 06 2022 14:49 GMT
#6
Nakajin you are my hero dude! I spent at least two hours looking at old VODs last night. Thank you so much!

On January 06 2022 18:02 washikie wrote:
Man gstl was so dope back in the day.


It really was. I remember watching a reverse all kill and just losing my shit with each passing game.
"Right on!"
Moonerz
Profile Joined March 2014
United States468 Posts
January 06 2022 14:55 GMT
#7
Pretty sure this clip is also in the Artosis in a nutshell video too
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
January 06 2022 15:43 GMT
#8
I miss Nestea and MVP so much.
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
January 06 2022 15:44 GMT
#9
Nakajin is a hero.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Danka
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Peru1018 Posts
January 06 2022 17:11 GMT
#10
On January 06 2022 12:30 Nakajin wrote:
Shit like this is what I was born to do.

It's from the GSTL 2011 ''season 1'' playoff vs MVP, ace match vs (P)TAiLS.
The vod do exist, although they are strangely cut.

You can see the ''It's time'' clip at the end of this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4z0S9lK-zo&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


And the match itself is in this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfc8cJnWPQ&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6



This little thread makes me so happy. Internetz at its finest. Nakajin is a true knight and a scholar.
Now Im Off to watch some old vods
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-06 17:34:31
January 06 2022 17:28 GMT
#11
On January 07 2022 00:44 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nakajin is a hero.


I wish, alas it was already taken, there was only He_R0 left. So I'm simply a measly Nakajin with a very specific set of knowledge.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 06 2022 17:50 GMT
#12
On January 07 2022 02:28 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2022 00:44 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nakajin is a hero.


I wish, alas it was already taken, there was only He_R0 left. So I'm simply a measly Nakajin with a very specific set of knowledge.

If you really want to be hero, here's the list of taken names so you can make your own. Also, username "!HerO" is totally up for grabs. That would make you the top of the hero list. Ironically it also means "not hero" if you are a coder.

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
January 06 2022 18:39 GMT
#13
On January 06 2022 12:30 Nakajin wrote:
Shit like this is what I was born to do.

It's from the GSTL 2011 ''season 1'' playoff vs MVP, ace match vs (P)TAiLS.
The vod do exist, although they are strangely cut.

You can see the ''It's time'' clip at the end of this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4z0S9lK-zo&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


And the match itself is in this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfc8cJnWPQ&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


Impressive! I’ve got a real challenge for you now, been hunting this for years :p

When Red City was in the pool Tasteless coined the phrase ‘sick city’ which cracked me up, and became an oft-repeated phrase in our group of SC fans to this day, but I’ve never been able to actually find the cool
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
DaNi_Toss
Profile Joined January 2012
Costa Rica3 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-06 21:57:59
January 06 2022 21:26 GMT
#14
There are also this old gems



Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-06 22:04:46
January 06 2022 22:04 GMT
#15
On January 07 2022 03:39 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2022 12:30 Nakajin wrote:
Shit like this is what I was born to do.

It's from the GSTL 2011 ''season 1'' playoff vs MVP, ace match vs (P)TAiLS.
The vod do exist, although they are strangely cut.

You can see the ''It's time'' clip at the end of this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4z0S9lK-zo&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


And the match itself is in this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfc8cJnWPQ&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


Impressive! I’ve got a real challenge for you now, been hunting this for years :p

When Red City was in the pool Tasteless coined the phrase ‘sick city’ which cracked me up, and became an oft-repeated phrase in our group of SC fans to this day, but I’ve never been able to actually find the cool


Damn, hubris catched up with me real quick

I have no idea, but I can at least tell you that the phrase predate Red City as it's already referenced heavilly on TL during the last GSL of WOL, Red city being a HOTS map. (Also a couple of time before, all the way to october 2012, but it's hard to say if it's just random occurrences) Definitly got mixed with Red City at some point though.

Hopefully someone can find it!
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
January 06 2022 22:15 GMT
#16
On January 07 2022 07:04 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2022 03:39 WombaT wrote:
On January 06 2022 12:30 Nakajin wrote:
Shit like this is what I was born to do.

It's from the GSTL 2011 ''season 1'' playoff vs MVP, ace match vs (P)TAiLS.
The vod do exist, although they are strangely cut.

You can see the ''It's time'' clip at the end of this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4z0S9lK-zo&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


And the match itself is in this one:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfc8cJnWPQ&list=PLFVgw8Tv8pV2cGwE8SbCkNrZAfD6pQqd6


Impressive! I’ve got a real challenge for you now, been hunting this for years :p

When Red City was in the pool Tasteless coined the phrase ‘sick city’ which cracked me up, and became an oft-repeated phrase in our group of SC fans to this day, but I’ve never been able to actually find the cool


Damn, hubris catched up with me real quick

I have no idea, but I can at least tell you that the phrase predate Red City as it's already referenced heavilly on TL during the last GSL of WOL, Red city being a HOTS map. (Also a couple of time before, all the way to october 2012, but it's hard to say if it's just random occurrences) Definitly got mixed with Red City at some point though.

Hopefully someone can find it!

Shit, my hunt continues…

My best guess is I’ll have to go through every VoD where Red City was played.

Worst part is I 100% know this banter will not be quite as funny, or nearly as funny as in my memory if I do find it
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
January 07 2022 01:13 GMT
#17
Legendary - Najakin MVP.

I've been long trying to find a very early VOD (I think from one of the first three open GSLs) where a zerg player made an evolutionary pit instead of a spawning pool early on and (from my memory) Tastosis kept trying to rationalize it
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-01-07 03:02:37
January 07 2022 03:01 GMT
#18
On January 07 2022 10:13 Pandain wrote:
Legendary - Najakin MVP.

I've been long trying to find a very early VOD (I think from one of the first three open GSLs) where a zerg player made an evolutionary pit instead of a spawning pool early on and (from my memory) Tastosis kept trying to rationalize it


I think I have it!

Golden-Squirtle Round of 32 GSL Open season 3
+ Show Spoiler +
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
ScrappyRabbit
Profile Joined March 2016
200 Posts
January 14 2022 03:02 GMT
#19
I loved when they told the story (Don't need the clip) about GOM making a tribute video for them as part of the 20-year celebration and asked them to explain some of their running jokes and they were like "oh, these aren't actually funny, we're just garbage people who crack ourselves up." The example they gave was GOM asking them to explain the "GET YOUR BOATS!" joke/meme.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
January 14 2022 04:02 GMT
#20
I never actually got to see the English cast of this (NesTea vs TAiLS) because I was there live (had a meeting that day if I remember correctly) and I remember the watching the DT build winning the game backstage; think I was either DoA or Moletrap. Pretty funny to look back at it now with all that hype but then NesTea just ends up losing. I really miss the GSTL. It really was something special in the early days, before Proleague.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 213
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 205
Terrorterran 17
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift5846
JimRising 740
Counter-Strike
taco 294
minikerr33
Other Games
summit1g12157
C9.Mang0373
PiLiPiLi8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1233
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 22m
Replay Cast
20h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.