• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9267 users

Interview of TSGaming, Champion of CTC 2019S1

Forum Index > SC2 General
6 CommentsPost a Reply
Kanata
Profile Joined June 2019
China8 Posts
June 12 2019 10:09 GMT
#1
[image loading]


This is a translation of the official post-match interview of the (Wiki)Triumphant Song Gaming after the final match of the (Wiki)China Team Championship 2019. The team TSGaming is composed of five players, (Wiki)HerO(jOin), (Wiki)Solar, (Wiki)Cloudy, (Wiki)EF and (Wiki)Hickok.
We'll be using the initials for abbrevation in the following interview.




Q: Congratulations for our champion TSG! How do you feel right now?

C: Winning the champion is so exciting, a feeling completely different from individual tournaments.

h: Winning the champion of a team tournament is completely from that of individual tournaments, and it's also a valuable treasure for our team. We have experienced so many difficulties during this period, and finally we are the champion, I am so happy.

S: This is the champion of the first large offline team tournament in China, which makes me very happy.

E: The feeling of winning a champion must be excitement! Although I did nothing, I was still very excited.

H: Winning the champion is quite exciting on the one hand, for the final is such an epic game I think. On the other hand, I admire all of the players very much, with such games nobody is a loser.



Q: Hickok, owing to your academic jobs you didn't enter the team until recently, and then you get a champion with the team, witnessing your big brothers doing everything they can to win the championship, how do you feel inside your heart?

H: This time watching my big brothers playing the game, I was so excited. I am very lucky and happy to get the champion led by them, and I also possess multiple feelings. I am about to finish my academic life recently, so after that I must be practicing hard, fighting to become a competitive player in the subsequent team matches.



Q: In today's final, in the third map of the ACE match, multiple attacks from herO which could have ended the game failed, and you almost received a turnover.

h: My first attack was defended by the opponent, and I was thinking, "Wow, that was good" at that time, but after so many failed attacks, I was also thinking about the possibility of a turnover. But I was telling myself to do everything I can all the time, just sparing no effort, and finally such effort exchanged for a champion.



Q: After the failure in the NeXT Spring, you must have been holding your breathe since then.

C: We lost NeXT Spring owing to Solar catching a fever and herO flying at night. This time we were dedicated to win, but we didn't expect the matches to be such thrilling, only winning after the final map. We are all very excited and glad.

[image loading]


Q: You guys always want to meet Newbee but this time no chance.

C: This tournament has also proved that every team is too strong to be looked down upon, we will make greater efforts in the next season. We also wish Newbee could get better results together in the future.



Q: Solar completed an all-kill in the semifinal match.

S: I was very confident then, no matter which player of the opponent team came up, I had the confidence to beat him, so I had already got a foreboding that I would complete an all-kill.



Q: As the manger of the club's SCII team, Cloudy, could you summarize this season?

C: The SCII team of the TSG club was founded on my own, and we took every regular season match very seriously, with finishing as the top seed in both regular seasons of NeXT Spring and CTC Season 1 proving the effort we had made. I had never won an individual title in my career, but I was very happy to win a team championship as the manager, and I was very proud of Solar and herO, for their diligence and strength.



Q: EF used to say that Solar is the best ZvT player in the world, even better than Serral.

S: In terms of ZvT, I am more confident than anyone else, about the same level as Serral, maybe just a little bit stronger.



Q: Hickok, you have been improving quickly recently, and your pace of becoming a progamer is also quite impressing, and we all expect that you can be the next young genius in China like (Wiki)TIME, (Wiki)Firefly and (Wiki)Coffee.

H: In fact, I don't want to grow to be anyone else, I am also not a genius. Before me, it was the great (Wiki)IAsonu, who also started his career as a SCII progamer only after finishing his undergraduate studying. I want to be as diligent as iAsonu, and become a better player in the future.



Q: How does Solar and herO think about the two young men in the team, EF and Hickok?

h: EF is a teammate full of innocence, he is very kind. I only met Hickok yesterday, but he seems to be just as kind as EF.

S: EF is an aggressive Zerg player, while Hickok put more emphasis on macro games. These two players possess different styles but are both very young, they will be the new stars of SCII in China.



Q: What kind of help did Solar give to you usually?

E: When I countered a build order on ladder that I couldn't solve, I would ask Solar about how to deal with it, Solar would also give me some reps to study on my own.



Q: We have been talking about your fantastic performance these days, but in GSL of this year, you didn't receive quite good results.

S: Zerg is the race that is hard to prepare for tournaments, so my recent results weren't ideal. I will prepare better in the next season.



Q: herO, you would soon start your military service, what is your goal before that time? Also, would you return to progaming after retirement? Have you ever thought about becoming a coach?

h: My ultimate goal is the Blizzcon champion. After retirement, if my body skills such as reaction and energy could still keep up, I would return as a player, otherwise I would consider becoming a coach.



Q: (Wiki)Firefly who made the debut about the same time as you received many attentions these days, and he also reached many good results in the (Wiki)GPC Tier 2 tournaments recently, so we are expecting you to make some breakthroughs in the near future.

E: I think recently I always lost in the qualification matches, every time ended up in the Ro.16. I was also quite worried, it's just I am so weak, so more effort I think.



Q: Fans at www.scboy.com want to ask Solar and herO about how to play Zerg and Protoss well.

S: Zerg is a race based on counter-attack, with so many opponent strategies to deal with, which is so tiresome, so I do not recommend you guys to play Zerg.

h: Protoss is a race that emphasize on defense more, but I prefer to attack, so I do not advice everyone to study my game style. One of the advice I want to give is that Protoss players must make a good use of probes, using them to design better strategies.


END of the interview

For the original Chinese version, please refer to https://www.scboy.com/?thread-3637.htm
This translation is authorized by the original writer 163_Tyrant.

Facebook Twitter Reddit
RealityTheGreat
Profile Joined January 2018
China564 Posts
June 12 2019 11:25 GMT
#2
Good job.
Betrayed, forgotten, abandoned.
TaDaSoLa1
Profile Joined March 2018
4 Posts
June 12 2019 17:25 GMT
#3
Shameful calling themselves championship title
I watched on twitch-wardi-chanel & found the tournament a childs play
Speculating Chinese vs KR - a wast of time ruining all morning mood of mine
how cd they conpensate all my loss?
Hunta15
Profile Joined April 2014
United States81 Posts
June 12 2019 18:23 GMT
#4
Awesome season! A shame Jinair couldn't make it.
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
June 12 2019 19:35 GMT
#5
On June 13 2019 02:25 TaDaSoLa1 wrote:
Shameful calling themselves championship title
I watched on twitch-wardi-chanel & found the tournament a childs play
Speculating Chinese vs KR - a wast of time ruining all morning mood of mine
how cd they conpensate all my loss?

what even is this post lol
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
June 13 2019 21:24 GMT
#6
Congrats to the boys at TSG!.
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
June 13 2019 21:58 GMT
#7
On June 13 2019 04:35 starkiller123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2019 02:25 TaDaSoLa1 wrote:
Shameful calling themselves championship title
I watched on twitch-wardi-chanel & found the tournament a childs play
Speculating Chinese vs KR - a wast of time ruining all morning mood of mine
how cd they conpensate all my loss?

what even is this post lol


I read mood as wood and this ruined my morning
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem303
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 303
IndyStarCraft 111
Railgan 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55278
Shuttle 3801
Horang2 522
BeSt 475
Larva 294
ggaemo 217
Soma 162
Mind 133
Sexy 107
Last 95
[ Show more ]
Zeus 75
Dewaltoss 70
hero 65
Hyun 49
Killer 48
Aegong 43
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 24
PianO 19
NaDa 16
Rock 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5148
qojqva2724
Dendi1578
420jenkins513
Fuzer 152
Counter-Strike
fl0m4064
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1323
Liquid`Hasu1108
MindelVK20
Other Games
singsing1648
FrodaN1061
B2W.Neo950
Beastyqt792
byalli677
Mlord498
ArmadaUGS227
Hui .183
KnowMe139
QueenE82
Mew2King53
Chillindude28
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick935
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 54
• niya90s2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4073
League of Legends
• Nemesis2875
Other Games
• WagamamaTV201
• Shiphtur106
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 3m
Replay Cast
7h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.