• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:13
CEST 00:13
KST 07:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8669 users

[Interview] ByuN - 2016 S2SL Qualifiers

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 18 2015 22:06 GMT
#1
T/N: Although this is the first interview we've seen from ByuN in like 2 years, this interview is very generic and doesn't explain much about ByuN's absence from the scene. I'm letting you guys know this in advance so that you don't have too high of an expectation. If we want to really know what's been going on with ByuN, there has to be some sort of featured exclusive interview with him. An S2SL qualifiers winner interview obviously won't really satisfy our craving curiosities. But people really want this interview translated so I went ahead and did it. Enjoy

[image loading] (T)ByuN

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

You were the final Terran to advance through.

I'm the first one to advance through after defeating someone not playing the same race so I feel proud (INno and aLive both advanced through after winning a TvT). I feel good after seeing my name among the small amount of Terrans that made it through.

It's been 2 years since you advanced into an offline individual league.

Honestly, I feel dazed today. I had no thoughts about making it into the league at all. I only came to Korea so I could secure my visa for a Chinese league I'm competing in for January 3rd of next year. I'm amazed that I participated in this.

Were you feeling confident that you would make it through today?

I saw my first opponent and saw it was Reality. So I thought to myself "Well, that's as far as I'm getting." (laughs)

You've been mostly MIA all this time.

Honestly, I was not in good health. I had no confidence in my own skills and phenomenons where a tingling sensation in my hands would occur while I was playing would keep coming up. So I wasn't able to participate in qualifiers either. (I checked out ByuN's FOMOS interview because sometimes different things are said in different interviews. In the FOMOS interview, ByuN talks about having bad wrists as well.)

You will face soO in the Ro16. Do you feel confident?

SK Telecom players started practicing for LotV late but I still think I'm going to lose. soO is an unbeatable force until the finals (laughs). Since ladder and tournaments have nothing do with each other, rather than think that I will win no matter what, I'm just going to approach my games with the mindset that I'm going to have fun.

You joined the Chinese team, X-Team.

I participated in a lot of Chinese online leagues and I've won most of them. X-Team saw my performance during then and so they contacted me and I ended up joining.

Do you plan to participate in GSL qualifiers as well?

Just because I go through the SSL qualifiers doesn't mean I am automatically confident that I will get through the GSL qualifiers as well. But I still would like to attempt it at least once.

How do you feel about LotV?

It's fun when I win and not fun when I lose (laughs). Since I've been winning, it's been fun (laughs). You know, according to my standards (laughs).

Anything else you would like to say?

I played a practice match against XiGua yesterday and I found out that 120,000 viewers watched that match. That made me feel so good. Something I can brag about (laughs). I had no idea myself but apparently I'm really popular in China. That's also something I can brag about (laughs).



Methods to locating SC2 interviews:
  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
December 18 2015 22:12 GMT
#2
thx for the translation!
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 22:28:27
December 18 2015 22:14 GMT
#3
Thank you, Seeker!

Kinda interesting interview. He came to Korea to get his visa, so was he living in China before that?
Hello
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
December 18 2015 22:18 GMT
#4
Thanks seeker
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 18 2015 22:58 GMT
#5
I knew he didn't say super much when I asked you to translate it but I felt like asking for his first interview in years to be translated was still appropriate
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 18 2015 23:14 GMT
#6
On December 19 2015 07:58 Elentos wrote:
I knew he didn't say super much when I asked you to translate it but I felt like asking for his first interview in years to be translated was still appropriate

Notice I said "people", you weren't the only one that wanted this translated
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
BretZ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1510 Posts
December 18 2015 23:29 GMT
#7
Kinda crazy that he's been focusing on the Chinese scene rather than Korea. And the fact that he's already building a fan base there is awesome as well
BeStFAN
Profile Blog Joined April 2015
483 Posts
December 18 2015 23:51 GMT
#8
he looks like middle aged man
❤ BeSt... ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
December 19 2015 00:18 GMT
#9
On December 19 2015 08:29 BretZ wrote:
Kinda crazy that he's been focusing on the Chinese scene rather than Korea. And the fact that he's already building a fan base there is awesome as well

Is it though? Since chances arw that even if he stays a top player he'll be one of many in Korea while in China he can be the top dog.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 19 2015 00:20 GMT
#10
thanks seeker
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-19 00:43:26
December 19 2015 00:43 GMT
#11
thank you seeker.
a lack of news about the puppy sadly.
Zest fanboy.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
December 19 2015 01:40 GMT
#12
The legends were true :O
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
December 19 2015 02:22 GMT
#13
Stuchui needs to update his "capture Byun" campaign blog to reflect this change!
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
December 19 2015 02:42 GMT
#14
" I only came to Korea so I could secure my visa for a Chinese league I'm competing in for January 3rd of next year."

Hmm that wanders me really. When he needs a visa for being in China, he cant have been in China. But only came for the visa back to Korea? Where was he then? Dafuq, where has KESPA build its jail???
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 19 2015 10:08 GMT
#15
On December 19 2015 08:14 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 07:58 Elentos wrote:
I knew he didn't say super much when I asked you to translate it but I felt like asking for his first interview in years to be translated was still appropriate

Notice I said "people", you weren't the only one that wanted this translated

I know, but I was the first one who remembered there was a translation request thread where you can be officially bugged for these.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 19 2015 17:47 GMT
#16
On December 19 2015 19:08 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 08:14 Seeker wrote:
On December 19 2015 07:58 Elentos wrote:
I knew he didn't say super much when I asked you to translate it but I felt like asking for his first interview in years to be translated was still appropriate

Notice I said "people", you weren't the only one that wanted this translated

I know, but I was the first one who remembered there was a translation request thread where you can be officially bugged for these.

People PMed me before you bumped the thread
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
December 19 2015 17:51 GMT
#17
120,000 viewers watched that match? That's actually insane!
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
December 19 2015 17:55 GMT
#18
On December 20 2015 02:51 Ktk wrote:
120,000 viewers watched that match? That's actually insane!

I heard of botviews on chinese streams so it might be inflated, but there are still a lot of chinese fans watching ByuN so good to hear .
Thanks for the translation, I liked ByuN from his Prime days so it's super cool being able to see him play (and be somewhat successful) and in interviews again!
WriterMaru
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 19 2015 17:57 GMT
#19
On December 20 2015 02:51 Ktk wrote:
120,000 viewers watched that match? That's actually insane!

Well, the stream numbers for Chinese streams always seem dubiously high. Those might not be entirely accurate.

On December 20 2015 02:47 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2015 19:08 Elentos wrote:
On December 19 2015 08:14 Seeker wrote:
On December 19 2015 07:58 Elentos wrote:
I knew he didn't say super much when I asked you to translate it but I felt like asking for his first interview in years to be translated was still appropriate

Notice I said "people", you weren't the only one that wanted this translated

I know, but I was the first one who remembered there was a translation request thread where you can be officially bugged for these.

People PMed me before you bumped the thread

Well within my expectations considering the ByuN hype is real but a bump never hurts
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
December 19 2015 20:26 GMT
#20
Thank you seeker! Great work!
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
Nina 118
Nathanias 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16303
White-Ra 355
Artosis 197
ToSsGirL 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever345
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3398
Counter-Strike
fl0m1327
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1906
Liquid`Hasu1368
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g6330
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1286
shahzam550
C9.Mang0237
JimRising 213
ZombieGrub51
Mew2King45
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• davetesta21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur265
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
Stellar Fest
14h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.