• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:48
CEST 06:48
KST 13:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20261Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7393 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 PL Ro16 Group A

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-24 08:10:07
September 23 2013 14:57 GMT
#1
Dear – “I enjoy and feel confident about BoX series”
“Even during Chuseok, I did not rest and practiced hard”

[image loading]

Source: thisisgame

Dear was the first to reach the Ro8.

Dear (of team SouL) defeated DongRaeGu (of team MVP) and Sleep (of team AZUBU) in Group A of the Ro16 of WCS KR Season 3 Premier League, held in the GOMTV studios in Gangnam, to progress to the Ro8.

You were the first to make it to the Ro8. How do you feel?

I really practiced hard. I’m really happy that I made it through to the Round of 8 like this.

Other than yourself, everyone in your group was a Zerg.

I’ve been having a lot of problems with Zergs. However, I knew that I would have to face them eventually, so I concentrated on the matchup in practice. Even though the practice wasn’t easy, I think the fact that I practiced hard through a holiday was a big factor in this result.

Did you anticipate that you would make it out?

Although other players rested during Chuseok, I practiced instead. Trap and Parting helped me with my PvZ practice, and that made it easier than I thought it would be.

In your match with Sleep, you showed us a Nexus in the opponents main as a ceremony.

I have no feelings about Sleep as an individual. I haven’t done a ceremony through my play so far, and I did it with the purpose of showing one.

I’m curious about your goals for this season.

Of course, my goal is to win.

Who do you want your next opponent to be?

I’m facing the second place finisher of Group B, but everyone in Group B is a friend. It’s hard to pick a player, so I just want somebody good to advance (laughter)

The Ro8 will be in a BoX format. Are you confident?

Usually I look at the situation and improvise a build as I go. I also enjoy planning builds, so I think a BoX will be fun, and I feel confident.

Anything else you’d like to add?

I caught a cold over Chuseok, so I wasn’t in great condition, but because of my good luck I was able to win. Because it was Chuseok, it wasn’t easy to practice, but I had a lot of help from acquaintances. I’d like to thank Check, Revival, Phoenix (? Not sure about this one, I couldn’t find who Kim Myung Joo was), hyvaa, SSanaEE as well as special thanks to Parting and Trap for helping me as if it were their own match.



Soulkey – “I tried to overwhelm them with mechanics”
“Playoffs for the 5th spot was too hard. I want to make it to the Ro4”

[image loading]

Soulkey was the second to make it to the Ro8.

Soulkey (of team Woongjin) defeated DongRaeGu (of team MVP) and Sleep (of team AZUBU) in Group A of the Ro16 of WCS KR Season 3 Premier League, held in the GOMTV studios in Gangnam, to progress to the Ro8 in second.

You made it to the Ro8 in second place.

It was shaky, but I’m relieved to have made it. ZerO took the bag with the uniform, so that sapped my energy, but I’m glad to have won the final match. I’d like it if he didn’t wear my clothes from now (laughter)

When you heard about your teammates making it through the qualifier, how did you feel?

Since it was just the qualifier, I didn’t pay much attention (laughter)

It was anticipated that you’d make it out in first, but the matches turned out to be harder than expected.

I didn’t practice enough. It was like this during this Chuseok, and for a while my schedule and the holidays have overlapped. I wasn't feeling good until just before arriving at the stadium.

You lost the first series to Sleep 1:2.

Sleep prepared well. I picked Sleep because I thought it was in my interest, but once I actually played him, it turned out not be. He’s a very good player.

Sleep mixed banelings in during the roach fights.

That’s the first time I’ve dealt with that strategy. I thought it was an interesting novelty. Because it was the first time, I was extremely bewildered.

In the match with DongRaeGu, it was hard to tell who was in the lead.

It was close in the 2nd map, but I thought I was solid. I tried to play standard, and I think it worked well.

You overcame a difficult situation and won the 3rd set.

I thought I was in a bad spot initially, but after getting a good scout off with my zergling I was able to open up the mood of the match.

You’ll be playing the 1st place player from Group B, and there’s a good chance that it will be sOs.

Since Group B has 3 protosses, it’ll be hard for sOs to advance in first. I’m hoping that he makes it out in second (laughter). If it’s possible, I want to play KeeN but since Protoss is so strong it doesn’t look likely.

In the Ro8 you’ll be playing BoX series’s. If you win, you’ll be in the season finals.

Last time, the playoffs for 5th place were too difficult. It was hard to even get to the stadium (laughter). I want to avoid fighting for 5th and make it to the semi-finals so I can enter the season finals. Right now, I feel like I’m lacking, so I’m not looking at winning the tournament.

Why do you think you played so many tough matches?

I think other players have improved, but I think I’ve fallen off a lot.

Usually we’ve seen you play standard, but we saw a more aggressive side today.

After being victim a few times, I tried attacking in ways that came to mind. I’ve thought that I play defensive too often, and that I needed to change.

The zergling control we saw today was of a level that we haven’t seen for a while.

I’m not lacking for mechanics, but I haven’t had many chances to show a more goal-oriented play. I thought today that I would overwhelm them with my mechanics. I feel satisfied.

Anything you’d like to add?

There was a lot left to be desired in today’s matches. In the Ro8, I will do my best to add to my play so I can show amazing matches in the future.
Schroedinger
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany80 Posts
September 23 2013 15:03 GMT
#2
One man rises another falls.
Happy for Soulkey, sad for DRG but outside of his (stellar) TVZ he couldn´t deliver.
Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 15:12:24
September 23 2013 15:05 GMT
#3
Yay dear and soulkey!
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
September 23 2013 15:16 GMT
#4
thx to zero!
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
September 23 2013 16:41 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation!
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
September 23 2013 17:13 GMT
#6
thanks for the translation. Soulkey <3
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
PerSe
Profile Joined June 2013
United Kingdom550 Posts
September 23 2013 17:23 GMT
#7
Zero trolling SK, standard.

Also lol @ the mechanics comment.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 18:55:25
September 23 2013 18:52 GMT
#8
"ZerO took the bag with the uniform, so that sapped my energy, but I’m glad to have won the final match. I’d like it if he didn’t wear my clothes from now (laughter)"
lols ZerO sapping his energy, sounds like zerO is a dark archon. Good thing he didn't feedback Soulkey XD Thanks for translation!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BabyRomatic
Profile Joined December 2012
259 Posts
September 24 2013 04:56 GMT
#9
SoulKey <3
[Woongjin Stars]
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
September 24 2013 04:58 GMT
#10
Shouldn't the title say "Ro16 Group A"?
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 24 2013 07:15 GMT
#11
Yay interviews!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 24 2013 07:36 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 6846
Rain 1898
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 212
sSak 52
Bale 23
Icarus 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1111
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1081
Mew2King79
Other Games
summit1g7827
WinterStarcraft606
C9.Mang0172
ViBE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1034
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Lourlo1177
• Rush775
• Stunt411
Other Games
• Scarra888
• Shiphtur688
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 12m
INu's Battles
6h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 12m
OSC
17h 27m
Replay Cast
18h 12m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.