• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:24
CEST 10:24
KST 17:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9274 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 PL Ro32 Group E Jjakji

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
September 09 2013 08:47 GMT
#1
Jjakji - "There isn't anybody I want to avoid"
"I want to meet Flash at a later round"

[image loading]

(T)mYi_jjakji

Source: This Is Game

Jjakji's signalled his rebirth by progressing to the Ro16.

On the 5th at the GOM studios at Gangnam, as part of WCS KR Season 3 Premier League, Jjakji (MyInsanity) lost to Flash (KT), but beat First (LG-IM) to make it out in second in his group.

How do you feel, progressing from your group in second to the Ro16?

This is the first time my father has come to the studio since the GSL finals. I'm very happy, and I want to use today to show better results in the future.

How did you prepare for today's match?

In Group E, I had all 3 matchups but I mainly prepared for Protoss. I got lucky by meeting First twice. Although many of the players I knew helped me practice, I found Zerg hard to practice for and mainly practiced on ladder. I thought that if I beat First I would progress from the group in first place, but I lost in the winners match so anti-climatically. I feel like I've learned from that. I thought that hyvaa would beat First in the losers match, but with First winning I was able to advance comfortably.

You showed us some worker based cheeses today (SCV Pulls)

Normally I approach the Protoss matchup pragmatically. While I was practicing, I watched VODs of First and I saw him crumble to these all-in attacks against Bomber. So I decided to prepare some all-in strategies.

Was it helpful having the WCS replays released?

I watched the VOD of each match about 3 times, so I don't feel like it helped a lot. I feel like for players like Bomber and others directly involved it's going to have much more of an impact.

You've made the Ro16 for the first time in 8 seasons. Since this is first Ro16 in a long time, it seems like you'll be wanting to progress further. How would you like the group selection to go?

Originally, I wanted to form the Group of Death. But as I was falling asleep last night, I decided that with the season finals at stake I should make my decision based on what's best for my personal interests. That said, if there's a player that wants me in their group I will not avoid them. As I prepared for the Ro32 I had to prepare for all 3 matchups, so I am confident regardless of which players end in my group. There isn't anybody I want to avoid. I dreamed of becoming a progamer watching Flash win the Bacchus Starleague. I want to meet Flash on a bigger stage.

This is the last season for the year. If you want to make the global finals you need to win the season finals.

I am looking toward the season finals. If you're greedy it affects your results. I feel like I was able to have good results today by playing relaxed. Even if I fail, I will look toward next season.

Any thing you'd like to add?

I want to thank my sister and my father for coming to the studio. I'm practicing at home and my family supported me. I also want to thank Madbull, Sage, San, Seed and Tear for helping me practice.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-09 14:48:40
September 09 2013 14:47 GMT
#2
Yayyyy!!!! Thanks for the translation Mintie! I will name my firstborn child after you.

I wonder what prompted his father to attend his games for the first time since his finals?

Everyone he thanks is Protoss O.O I hope he has good TvT practice partners!
jjakji fan
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 09 2013 16:15 GMT
#3
Thanks!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
September 10 2013 06:32 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation .
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
September 10 2013 06:49 GMT
#5
iirc, his father was the one with the unimpressed face during the GSL finals in which Jjakji won.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
September 10 2013 07:13 GMT
#6
On September 10 2013 15:49 NoGasfOu wrote:
iirc, his father was the one with the unimpressed face during the GSL finals in which Jjakji won.

I think people were talking more about that in Life's finals. Jjakji's parents seemed really happy for him, though maybe not great at expressing it physically
jjakji fan
PengWin_SC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Switzerland433 Posts
September 10 2013 17:56 GMT
#7
Thanks for this! I tried google translating the interview when it first game out, but it wasn't really understandable so I really appreciate it :D
Director of Operations for PSISTORM Gaming
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
September 10 2013 17:59 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 10 2013 17:59 GMT
#9
On September 11 2013 02:56 PengWin_SC wrote:
Thanks for this! I tried google translating the interview when it first game out, but it wasn't really understandable so I really appreciate it :D

You have StarDust, use him for translations :D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
September 10 2013 19:03 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translation! I'm very excited to see Jjakji back in top form and good to see him preparing for his games.
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
September 10 2013 19:26 GMT
#11
On September 11 2013 02:59 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 02:56 PengWin_SC wrote:
Thanks for this! I tried google translating the interview when it first game out, but it wasn't really understandable so I really appreciate it :D

You have StarDust, use him for translations :D


you average 51 posts a day and have made over 500 posts in the last week... is everything alright man? it's ok to love starcraft (we all do) but breaks are also nice too
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
September 11 2013 02:26 GMT
#12
On September 11 2013 04:26 partydude89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 02:59 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 11 2013 02:56 PengWin_SC wrote:
Thanks for this! I tried google translating the interview when it first game out, but it wasn't really understandable so I really appreciate it :D

You have StarDust, use him for translations :D


you average 51 posts a day and have made over 500 posts in the last week... is everything alright man? it's ok to love starcraft (we all do) but breaks are also nice too

he's training to become the next shellshock
jjakji fan
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 11 2013 02:50 GMT
#13
On September 11 2013 04:26 partydude89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 02:59 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 11 2013 02:56 PengWin_SC wrote:
Thanks for this! I tried google translating the interview when it first game out, but it wasn't really understandable so I really appreciate it :D

You have StarDust, use him for translations :D


you average 51 posts a day and have made over 500 posts in the last week... is everything alright man? it's ok to love starcraft (we all do) but breaks are also nice too

lol, good thing you didn't see my posting then XD I somehow managed 700 a week once >.> I swear I'm not addicted, I mean .. I love starcraft, wait, not that way lol

Thanks for translation! Interesting to see Jjakji wanting to challenge Flash. I guess he wants to beat his BW idol on a main stage although Flash would probably play around with him before stomping him XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
September 11 2013 03:36 GMT
#14
Well done Jjakji!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
hipo
Profile Joined November 2010
France482 Posts
September 11 2013 08:00 GMT
#15
Thanks a lot for the translation.
Jjakji fighting
NoSide
Profile Joined September 2012
Hong Kong7 Posts
September 13 2013 01:26 GMT
#16
could you please translate the flash interview as well
thanks ~ !
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
September 13 2013 01:28 GMT
#17
On September 13 2013 10:26 NoSide wrote:
could you please translate the flash interview as well
thanks ~ !

Here is a translation http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=428205
jjakji fan
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 96
EnDerr 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2473
Rain 1627
FanTaSy 399
Soma 113
Mong 61
NotJumperer 52
Killer 50
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 25
[ Show more ]
Stork 24
Sharp 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
yabsab 15
Noble 10
Dota 2
Fuzer 79
League of Legends
JimRising 500
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Other Games
summit1g8200
olofmeister1122
ceh9467
Happy346
KnowMe130
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick694
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2221
League of Legends
• Rush1416
• Lourlo1048
• Stunt537
Other Games
• Shiphtur852
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 36m
INu's Battles
2h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 36m
OSC
13h 51m
Replay Cast
14h 36m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.