• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:18
CEST 06:18
KST 13:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9954 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group F 2013 GSL Season 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-06 19:59:31
September 06 2013 14:08 GMT
#1
DRG: "This Is New Me."

[image loading]

How do you feel about advancing to RO16 after beating Innovation?

I thought it was a "Group of Death." I was very stressed because my ZvT was down during the practice. Nevertheless, I feel so good about advancing.

You must have prepared especially against Innovation.

I prepared as usuaul. I asked my practice partners to mimic Innovation's play style. Also of help was the WCS replays that were released. 80% of my practice hours were invested in TvZ against Innovation.

Fast transitions in the first set against Gumiho was impressive. [edit: talking about transtions after scouting Gumiho's mech, I think]

Was there any difficult moment in the series against Innovation?

My builds were slightly disturbed because of small mistakes (losing overlords and allowing hellions in the base) in the first two games. Innovation's relentless push is always a threat.

You showcased very fast creep spread. Did you watch Scarlette's games?

Yes. I used to believe that I was best at creep spreading, but Scarlette's creep spread made me think otherwise. I have learned a lot from her games, thanks to WCS replays.

After losing the first map, you chose Derelict Watcher. Was the large open middle space a consideration?

I honestly did not think of that map until yesterday. Dream recommended that map after he lost to Sleep yesterday. I realized there were some good places for spine crawlers as well as routes for run-bys.

In the 3rd set, despite the narrow paths around the map (Yeonsu) you profitted quite well with muta-ling.

Micro matters. I tried to keep a careful eye on mine-targeted zerglings and move them towards marines so that they would take damage. [edit: is it possible to know which unit is targeted by a mine?] I think the outcome of 4M v. muta-ling depends a lot on controls.

Recently Zerg players focus much on muta-ling play even when they go for Hive. Are Infestors not very helpful?

Infestors are helpful, but the change to its attack type made it very difficult to actually inflict damages. Plus, today's ZvT is non-stop slugfest where you need constant stream of units, so unless you are quite ahead it is difficult to find time or resources for Infestors.

You received Nestea Award and advanced to RO16. What do you think of your chance this season, keeping in mind that it's your only chance to the Blizzcon?

I don't know. I will go with the flow. (laugh) It's the last season of the year so I think it is an opportunity to be the champion, beating strong contenders on my way. I don't mind being in a "Group of Death" I even saved some builds for later rounds, so I don't mind facing any race. I would be modest and predict my chance of getting to the final @65% (laugh)

Any last words?

I thank my coach, family, girlfriend, and fans. Thanks to Dream and other Terran players I ran into on ladder. I heard that some in the community thought I was yester-year's news and wouldn't beat Innovation. Hopefully I have changed that perception today. I will do my best for the global finals.

Source: Thisisgame
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-06 19:44:10
September 06 2013 14:11 GMT
#2
Innovation: "Season final is my baseline."

[image loading]

You advanced to RO16 as a 2nd of the group.

I expected to advance, though I had a rough time against DRG.

How did you prepare?

I played with my team mates as well as on ladder.

DRG said that he specifically prepared for the matches against you.

DRG's style is very difficult to handle. But if I had concentrated as I did in the set 1, I think I could have won.

In the 3rd set against DRG, you made a mistake of building 4 ebays.

I usually do not build ebays as part of my walls and was a bit tilted after the 2nd set. I made many mistakes on upgrades and supply blocks in that last set.

Many in the audience were shocked to see Mule ceremony. [edit: Which game was it?]

I have seen Zergs with similar styles to DRG's. I have always thought Zerg is a very difficult race to beat, and Terran has no advantage against them. It is important to balance Mutalisks against Terran. [edit: No idea what he's talking about]

With today's advancement to RO16, your start in this season looks promising.

I had a good start last season as well, and did well until I reached RO4. I think I fell victim to mannerism after winning the Season 1 global final. But since moving to team Acer, I feel like I'm having a new start. This season's goal is of course championship. I also would like to revenge Maru, Taeja, and Bomber.

You are scheduled to play your ex-team Soul in GSTL next week.

I've heard Soul has moved to a new team house yesterday. They may need some time to settle, so maybe my team mates [edit: other Acer players] might finish them off before I get to play. It will be exciting and motivating to face my old team mates.

Soul's coach seems confident, though.

I might be a target for a snipe, but xxx [edit: player's name] is the first in the line-up and there is only another player who is skilled. If our team can take down that player we will win without much trouble.

Any last words?

I am soon to be participating in Dreamhack Bucharest. This is my first foreign tournament and I will do my best to win the title. I am practicing hard so I hope to show the best plays in the world stage.

Source: Thisisgame
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 06 2013 14:12 GMT
#3
Wow, just realized DRG got it all. Cash, fame, girl, a job he loves...
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-06 14:16:18
September 06 2013 14:15 GMT
#4
WCS Replays saving e-sports! Also, who gave DRG Automaton2000's skills in keeping targetted units away from pack?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-06 14:15:49
September 06 2013 14:15 GMT
#5
He's got a nice tight bum, too. XD
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
September 06 2013 14:15 GMT
#6
Pretty cool how DRG really respsects Scarletts creep spread. As he should! He did really well today, glad to see him at least temporarily out of his slump.
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 06 2013 14:16 GMT
#7
On September 06 2013 23:15 Acronysis wrote:
Pretty cool how DRG really respsects Scarletts creep spread. As he should! He did really well today, glad to see him at least temporarily out of his slump.

He is good player, he knows where he can learn from.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 06 2013 14:21 GMT
#8
thanks for translation! Glad to see DRG making headway again.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 06 2013 14:26 GMT
#9
On September 06 2013 23:11 usethis2 wrote:
Reserved for the other interview

Have a good sleep, i think alot of us can wait few years before reading another Inno's interview :D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 06 2013 14:27 GMT
#10
Thank you for the interview!
Moderatorlickypiddy
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
September 06 2013 14:37 GMT
#11
On September 06 2013 23:26 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 23:11 usethis2 wrote:
Reserved for the other interview

Have a good sleep, i think alot of us can wait few years before reading another Inno's interview :D

Well, I woke up early to catch the games today.

Innovation's interview is a lot more difficult to translate. I may have to watch the games again to make sure what the heck he's talking about before translating.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 06 2013 14:40 GMT
#12
DRG was very impressive today. Hopefully he can maintain this form. Thanks for the interview
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 06 2013 14:40 GMT
#13
Thanks for the interview!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
September 06 2013 14:51 GMT
#14
Them replays man...
Refer to my post.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 06 2013 14:53 GMT
#15
How can anyone not <3 DRG?
moo...for DRG
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
September 06 2013 15:05 GMT
#16
So Innovation is now a solved puzzle?

lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 06 2013 15:05 GMT
#17
On September 06 2013 23:51 Zenbrez wrote:
Them replays man...

These replays actually made game quality higher, huh!
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
elmoDD
Profile Joined March 2013
89 Posts
September 06 2013 15:06 GMT
#18
Nice interview, thank you!
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
September 06 2013 15:09 GMT
#19
So...didnt watch the game

innovation vs drg, well played by both?
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
September 06 2013 15:15 GMT
#20
On September 07 2013 00:09 Foxxan wrote:
So...didnt watch the game

innovation vs drg, well played by both?



It was a sick match.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft314
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta76
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft590
PiGStarcraft314
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 115
Leta 79
Hyuk 48
Bale 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox725
C9.Mang0290
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota262
League of Legends
• Lourlo1040
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 42m
Online Event
6h 42m
FEL
11h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.