• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8423 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S2 PL Ro32 Groups E and F

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 22:44:46
June 25 2013 19:26 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group E and F Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group G and H Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 13 Match 1 AxiomAcer vs NSH Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 13 Match 2 Prime vs FXO Winner's Interview



(T)SK Telecom T1 FanTaSy

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced to the Ro16 as first from your group. How do you feel?

It’s been a while since I’ve made it to the Ro16 of an OSL. I am going to work even harder since I was able to make it through the Ro32.

Did you expect to advance out as first?

Honestly, I thought it was going to be difficult to advance out as first. But I also saw that advancing out as second would be difficult as well. So I told myself that I might as well just aim for advancing out as first and I feel good because this came true.

What did you focus on for today’s matches?

There were two Zergs in my group so I put a lot priority of on TvZ. I already had a prepared strategy for TvP ready to go from before.

You met a difficult opponent from the get go. There was a good chance that you would have been in a dangerous situation had Life successfully teched up to hive units.

I felt like I was at a disadvantage throughout that first game. I originally wanted to destroy Life’s expansion with my bio army before his mutas popped out but I wasn’t able to properly grab the timing. But my situation got better as time kept passing.

A lot of things must have changed since BoxeR was promoted to supervisor position.

He is a man who concerns himself over many things when we prepare for matches. It almost feels like we would ask ourselves, “did things like this exist?” He prepares very firmly. They are good experiences and he especially gives help to Terrans so it is very helpful.

The Ro16 will resume regular tournament bo3 format.

Personally, I like that format. I have this belief that I am going to do well since it feels a lot like how it used to during the past OSL days. I want to practice really ahrd so that I can show an even better performance for the Ro16.

Proleague is looking to finish off it’s sixth round.

I think it is for certain that we will make the playoffs. I was hoping we could advance out as second but I think things have gotten a lot more difficult with our loss yesterday. But none the less, we will still do our best for all our remaining matches.

Anything else you would like to say?

I was having computer issues today, so I wasn’t feeling at ease even though I won. I hope JangBi hyung can keep his composure and advanced out as second. I really hope that OGN fixes this situation so that this kind of problem doesn’t arise again. I want to thank coach Hyuk for coming with me today even though it was his day off. He also gave me a lot of advice a little while ago when the matches were suspended.

(Z)LG-IM KangHo

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You secured your spot for the Ro16. How do you feel?

I’m not sure if it’s because I advanced through the final match or what but I feel very stimulated. Honestly, I felt really low after I lost the first game.

Why were you feeling low?

The format was a bo1 so you can’t assure that you’ll advance if you lose the first game.

You successfully advanced out as second. Did you expect that result?

I had confidence, but I had a feeling that things were going to change depending on whether I won the first game or lost it.

You met Life in the losers’ round after you lost your first game.

I was really nervous because I ended up meeting Life for the losers’ round. But I was able to win because I told myself that I absolutely had to win against him no matter what.

You met JangBi in the final round after he gave you your very first loss earlier.

I was feeling confident skill-wise. That’s why I really liked the fact that I was able to get revenge.

You once again went for hatchery rush for the final round. Is that advantageous for you even though you have to forfeit about 300 minerals?

At the very least, that strategy can really tick off your opponent (laughs). I think that’s a strategy that my opponents don’t really get to play against during practice.

This season’s goals?

My goal is to secure my spot for the WCS Season 2 Finals.

There are still two more groups to go in the Ro32 but so far only three eSF players have made it through.

I’m pretty sure it’s because this is unfamiliar territory. But I think that all players are perfectly capable of making it through as long as they have the skills for it.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank all the players who helped me with practice, the supervisor, the coach, and the supervisor’s wife. I am especially grateful to the players who helped me with practice yesterday. First has his matches ahead of him in a little bit but I have no doubt that he’s going to make a good result.

(P)LG-IM First

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us how you feel about advancing out of Group F as first.

I advanced to the Ro16 only after winning that difficult first game. I think I feel even gladder because I won the second game so easily.

You advanced out as first after taking down RorO and Leenock. Did you expect this result?

I had a feeling that I was going to advance out as first as long as I won my first game. I was expecting to get eliminated had I lost game one.

Your first opponent, RorO, was a GSL champion.

I had a feeling that I would lose the initiative if I allowed myself to get intimidated so I decided to play aggressively. I think it ended up working out well.

But you did get put into a disadvantageous situation after your immortal attack got blocked and then took damage from mutas.

I should’ve attacked only after I had scouted, but I got impatient so I took too much damage. I did not ready myself for infestors, so I got flustered when he fungaled a good portion of my army.

You won the winners’ round rather easily with your warp prism tactic. Was it a planned strategy?

The strategy was recommended to me by the supervisor as I was practicing. The patch just got implemented the next day, and then I remembered what the supervisor had told me so I tried it out. I think it was a good strategy because the warp prism’s speed got buffed.

The Ro16 will commence as a raffle instead of a group nomination. Any specific player you want or kind of group?

Personally, my PvT record is pretty good and I’m having difficulties in PvZ so a group with all three races being represented would probably be the best.

You stated in your previous interview that you wanted to advance to the quarter-finals. If you do advance to the quarter-finals, you can also start to aim for the Season Finals.

I have a desire to get to the Season Finals but that’s something that I can start thinking about only after I’ve secured my spot for the quarter-finals.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the supervisor and the coach for coming to the studio with me. I especially want to thank the supervisor for providing the foundation behind the warp prism strategy. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors LG Electronics, Steelseries, Nvidia, Coca-Cola, Kingston HyperX, ASRock, Super Flower, Googims Company, and DXRacer.

(Z)STX SouL hyvaa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You difficultly advanced to the Ro16. How do you feel?

INnoVation and Trap both made it through their groups so I am glad that I was able to join them. I want to show an even better performance for the Ro16.

You lost the first game completely because your 10 pool got blocked.

I prepared a responsive style but his pool was faster than what I saw from his VODs so my strategy got messed up.

You kept your hope of advancing alive after you took down RorO in the losers’ round.

I was confident regardless of whether I met First or RorO because I had a prepared strategy ready. RorO focused on playing it safe so I prepared a strategy where I could hit him hard early on.

You met Leenock, who gave you your very first loss, in the final round.

I prepared a roach/infestor composition because I heard that Leenock liked to use mutalisks. But my preparation wasn’t exactly thorough so I was actually the one being dragged around.

You weren’t able to finish the game when you had the advantage so a really long game ensued.

The situation was really in my favor that I thought that there was no way that I could lose. But Leenock was so good at macro that even I, his opponent, had to admit that he was good. I think I was kind of put in a crisis situation because of that.

You decided to secure expansions and play safely rather than try to initiate attacks.

When Leenock went for my empty base with his roaches, I got this feeling that I would end up losing if I tried to retaliate. So instead of allowing myself to get dragged around, I just decided to play defensively.

This season’s goals?

My goal is to make the Season Finals. I plan to take things step by step after that. My original goal was the group nominations but it disappeared so that was disappointing.

Anything else you would like to say?

I was debating whether or not to change up my build orders but coach Calm gave me advice and that’s why I was able to win. During the televised interview, it looked like I was tearing up, but my eyes were just hurting because of the long games. I hope no one misinterpreted that. I was planning on heading back home after the match so I packed a bag, but I wasn’t able to so it was disappointing. I am going to work hard so that I can put on a better performance for the Ro16.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
June 25 2013 19:33 GMT
#2
Thanks Seeks
AdministratorBreak the chains
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
June 25 2013 19:36 GMT
#3
Thanks Seeker for your work !
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Flossy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States870 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 19:37:05
June 25 2013 19:36 GMT
#4
Good work!
I'm hoping one of these days an someone will say Hyun hyung :D.
etternaonline.com
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
June 25 2013 19:38 GMT
#5
Thanks Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
June 25 2013 19:42 GMT
#6
Thanks Seeker.

<3 Fantasy
Flash | Mvp
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 20:01:48
June 25 2013 19:52 GMT
#7
Hell yeah Losira, so glad he made it through! (although I would have preferred Life I suppose.) Proving that TL writer wrong!
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
June 25 2013 19:59 GMT
#8
I thank thee, Seeker.
The Bomber boy
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
June 25 2013 20:01 GMT
#9
As much as I absolutely adore Losira, and am elated to see him move on... That interview. Zzz.
freeshooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States477 Posts
June 25 2013 20:21 GMT
#10
First made it through first.

I see what they did...
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
June 25 2013 20:34 GMT
#11
i think LGIM has more sponsors than EG at this point geez! gogo fantasy!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
June 25 2013 20:47 GMT
#12
thanks seeker!
Apoteosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile820 Posts
June 25 2013 20:47 GMT
#13
thanks seeker but my day was ruined...

leenock
life
jangbi

omg i hate bo1
Life won like 200k and didn't hire a proper criminal lawyer.
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
June 25 2013 20:50 GMT
#14
Losira's picture looks like someone drew it.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
June 25 2013 20:50 GMT
#15
Wow, Losira and First look so different nowdays.
Anyway, it was a good day for LGIM.
Cheers for the translation.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
June 25 2013 20:53 GMT
#16
On June 26 2013 05:47 Apoteosis wrote:
thanks seeker but my day was ruined...

leenock
life
jangbi

omg i hate bo1

You've never had somebody you like fall out of the ro32 in bo3? Lucky you.
Refer to my post.
EpicDemente
Profile Joined November 2012
Chile202 Posts
June 25 2013 20:54 GMT
#17
First Hwaiting! but why jangbi WHYYYY!?
"Fight your heart out for what you want"
Flossy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States870 Posts
June 25 2013 20:55 GMT
#18
Is it just me or does it look like Losira's wearing lipstick.
etternaonline.com
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
June 25 2013 21:14 GMT
#19
Yay Seeker! Once again, you deliver =)
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
June 25 2013 21:30 GMT
#20
Thanks Seeker!
A fantastic day to be a LGIM fan (especially if you happen to like SKT, too)
Get off my lawn, young punks
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 483
IndyStarCraft 229
Railgan 84
BRAT_OK 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19837
BeSt 432
Soma 193
Mind 120
Dewaltoss 119
hero 74
Zeus 48
Hyun 46
Killer 38
Sea.KH 31
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
NaDa 19
Rock 18
PianO 16
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5107
qojqva3113
Dendi1286
420jenkins446
Counter-Strike
fl0m4404
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4162
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1027
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2377
B2W.Neo751
byalli467
ArmadaUGS197
Hui .157
KnowMe139
QueenE89
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 28
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4008
League of Legends
• Nemesis2743
Other Games
• Shiphtur289
• imaqtpie242
• WagamamaTV228
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 37m
Replay Cast
5h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 37m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 37m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.