• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:18
CEST 04:18
KST 11:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9776 users

[Interview] SPL Woonjin vs EG-TL Round 6 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 19:36:15
June 16 2013 17:56 GMT
#1
500+ Translation celebratory blog! http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=417102 Please check it out if you have time. Thank you



[image loading]


SPL Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 8th Team vs CJ Entus Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Woongjin Stars vs EG-TL Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 SK Telecom T1 vs Samsung KHAN Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 KT Rolster vs STX SouL Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 EG-TL vs 8th Team Winner Interview



(P)EG-TL Oz

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

Fun Fact: The last time I translated an Oz interview, he was still in Fnatic and it was back in September of 2012 Oo;; This is also Oz's first ever SPL interview.



EG-TL is now on a three match winning streak with today’s victory.

Recently, the team’s atmosphere is so good because I’ve been winning and the team has been winning. The only big disappointment is that it took us this long to go on a three match winning streak for the first time. But I think we advanced to seventh place today right? We haven’t broken this last place spot in months so we will make sure we win our match vs 8th Team no matter what and try to climb even higher.

It feels like as of late, you are finally bringing forth your true skills.

There really wasn’t that much of an issue. I practiced diligently but the fact that I didn’t practice that much before joining EG showed just how behind I was. Nowadays, everyone , including me, is feeling confident so it is really disappointing that it took us this long to go on a winning streak.

It feels like your play style has rather changed to a safe style.

A lot of people tell me that it seems like I’ve simmered down. Rather than say that there was a specific reason behind it, I can just focus on the game better. I would always receive feedback whenever I lost that I was doing really well in the beginning but allowed a comeback to occur because I got impatient. So I think things have improved because I’ve been patiently practicing and been focusing better. But I’m still not quite where I need to be yet.

You have WCS AM Group Stages ahead of you.

I was really disappointed when I got eliminated in the Ro32 but I think I was just lacking back then. But I think I’m going to have make it no matter what this time around because I have confidence now and my skills have grown. This time around, I feel confident. During the Premier League, I didn’t feel very sure that I was going to do well.

EG-TL is really sprinkling pepper over all the other teams during this last round of Proleague.

Honestly, we don’t gain any advantages by winning anymore. So rather than see it as we’re sprinkling pepper over the other teams, we’re just trying to fulfill our own final personal goals. We’re beating everyone else because we’re just working really hard.

EG-TL can no longer advance to the playoffs but it seems like EG-TL is still fighting really hard.

We have our own personal goals and a certain ranking we want to finish off in. For us, Proleague is not over yet. We have goals to accomplish so we are working really hard. Even if we can’t advance to the playoffs for Proleague, we still have a ton of leagues ahead of us so we are trying to accomplish a lot of things by using Proleague as a set goal.

Anything else you would like to say?

This season was very disappointing for EG-TL. But if people keep following us and keep track of our progress than I think things will get more fun from here on out. Lastly, because EG-TL players grabbed first, second, and third place for WCS AM, I will do my absolute best to ensure that I get to place just as high for next season.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 17:58:45
June 16 2013 17:58 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview/translation! I'm glad EG-TL is still setting goals and trying to win. Next season! Maybe EG-TL was overhyped in the beginning, but I feel that hyping them up now doesn't feel wrong. EG-TL Fighting!
Maski
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany335 Posts
June 16 2013 17:58 GMT
#3
<3 Oz!
smashlloyd20
Profile Joined October 2012
251 Posts
June 16 2013 18:08 GMT
#4
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Also is the last answer basically saying EGTL will not play in the next season of Proleague unless they get a ton of fan support?
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
June 16 2013 18:16 GMT
#5
On June 17 2013 03:08 smashlloyd20 wrote:
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Also is the last answer basically saying EGTL will not play in the next season of Proleague unless they get a ton of fan support?

maybe like "pouring salt on the wound" same kind of saying
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
June 16 2013 18:18 GMT
#6
On June 17 2013 03:08 smashlloyd20 wrote:
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Also is the last answer basically saying EGTL will not play in the next season of Proleague unless they get a ton of fan support?


I didn't really read it like that at all. It is more of the same thing you hear in every interview.. asking for fan support
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 16 2013 18:37 GMT
#7
On June 17 2013 03:08 smashlloyd20 wrote:
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Also is the last answer basically saying EGTL will not play in the next season of Proleague unless they get a ton of fan support?


Its more definite than dependent.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Meadowlark
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States349 Posts
June 16 2013 19:01 GMT
#8
On June 17 2013 03:37 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 03:08 smashlloyd20 wrote:
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Also is the last answer basically saying EGTL will not play in the next season of Proleague unless they get a ton of fan support?


Its more definite than dependent.

what does the it refer to? Definite that they will or definite that they won't?
''Three bottles of Monster in a day; I'm pumped as fuck." -Stephano
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 20:05:48
June 16 2013 20:05 GMT
#9
On June 17 2013 03:08 smashlloyd20 wrote:
What does sprinkling pepper mean...?

Meh. It was more of a literal translation than a interpretative one. I think the other guy said it best. Sprinkling salt on wounds.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
June 16 2013 20:24 GMT
#10
Oz is really awesome and I think it's cool to see him becoming such an important part of the EGTL lineup.
lim1017
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1278 Posts
June 16 2013 20:31 GMT
#11
It just occurred to me but, do you guys think there is any chance of EG-TL playing in GSTL?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
June 16 2013 22:25 GMT
#12
On June 17 2013 05:31 lim1017 wrote:
It just occurred to me but, do you guys think there is any chance of EG-TL playing in GSTL?

nope 0 chance imo.

Thanks Seeker! Great to see Oz doing well and his game was great!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1993
Bale 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift4408
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 542
C9.Mang0368
WinterStarcraft163
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick929
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• poizon28 32
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur16
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 42m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.