SPL Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 8th Team vs CJ Entus Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Woongjin Stars vs EG-TL Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 SK Telecom T1 vs Samsung KHAN Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 KT Rolster vs STX SouL Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 EG-TL vs 8th Team Winner Interview
Source: Daily eSports
Fun Fact: The last time I translated an Oz interview, he was still in Fnatic and it was back in September of 2012 Oo;; This is also Oz's first ever SPL interview.
EG-TL is now on a three match winning streak with today’s victory.
Recently, the team’s atmosphere is so good because I’ve been winning and the team has been winning. The only big disappointment is that it took us this long to go on a three match winning streak for the first time. But I think we advanced to seventh place today right? We haven’t broken this last place spot in months so we will make sure we win our match vs 8th Team no matter what and try to climb even higher.
It feels like as of late, you are finally bringing forth your true skills.
There really wasn’t that much of an issue. I practiced diligently but the fact that I didn’t practice that much before joining EG showed just how behind I was. Nowadays, everyone , including me, is feeling confident so it is really disappointing that it took us this long to go on a winning streak.
It feels like your play style has rather changed to a safe style.
A lot of people tell me that it seems like I’ve simmered down. Rather than say that there was a specific reason behind it, I can just focus on the game better. I would always receive feedback whenever I lost that I was doing really well in the beginning but allowed a comeback to occur because I got impatient. So I think things have improved because I’ve been patiently practicing and been focusing better. But I’m still not quite where I need to be yet.
You have WCS AM Group Stages ahead of you.
I was really disappointed when I got eliminated in the Ro32 but I think I was just lacking back then. But I think I’m going to have make it no matter what this time around because I have confidence now and my skills have grown. This time around, I feel confident. During the Premier League, I didn’t feel very sure that I was going to do well.
EG-TL is really sprinkling pepper over all the other teams during this last round of Proleague.
Honestly, we don’t gain any advantages by winning anymore. So rather than see it as we’re sprinkling pepper over the other teams, we’re just trying to fulfill our own final personal goals. We’re beating everyone else because we’re just working really hard.
EG-TL can no longer advance to the playoffs but it seems like EG-TL is still fighting really hard.
We have our own personal goals and a certain ranking we want to finish off in. For us, Proleague is not over yet. We have goals to accomplish so we are working really hard. Even if we can’t advance to the playoffs for Proleague, we still have a ton of leagues ahead of us so we are trying to accomplish a lot of things by using Proleague as a set goal.
Anything else you would like to say?
This season was very disappointing for EG-TL. But if people keep following us and keep track of our progress than I think things will get more fun from here on out. Lastly, because EG-TL players grabbed first, second, and third place for WCS AM, I will do my absolute best to ensure that I get to place just as high for next season.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners