• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:37
CEST 10:37
KST 17:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11575 users

[Interview] SPL CJ vs EG-TL Round 4 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 23:15:50
April 09 2013 19:57 GMT
#1
(P)EG-TL HerO

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

Your first time ever securing two victories in one day. How do you feel?

When Jaedong hyung scored two victories in one day on April 7th, I asked him what it felt like and he replied "that it felt like I became the main character of that day." After hearing that, I really wondered when my day would finally arrive, and then two days later, I have now personally experienced what it feels like so it feels so good.

It seems like your performances are always good when you play in ShinDoRim.

I feel uncomfortable when I play in YongSan but I feel comfortable when playing in ShinDoRim. I think there's a difference in computer desks (laughs). For some odd reason, it's just extra difficult whenever I sit at the YongSan booth. But of course, that's not me saying that I face zero difficulty when playing at ShinDoRim. ShinDoRim doesn't have height adjustable chairs like YongSan does so I wish they would. But for yet another odd reason, the fact that YongSan has height adjustable chairs actually makes me feel uncomfortable (laughs).

Why do you do badly when you play at YongSan?

The desire to win is the same regardless of where I'm at but for some reason, I personally don't like it when I sit at the YongSan booth. Most recently, I didn't like the positions of the arm rests on the chair (laughs).

How did you feel when you found out you'd be sent out as the ace?

Honestly, I was really hoping that Revival would just end it for us right then and there. Going to the ace is match always burdensome. I also felt burdened by the fact that our team would win or lose based on my result. But ever since the acquisition of supervisor Park, the team has worked really hard on coming together as one so I worked really hard to get rid of all those burdens.

Even though you have a ton of tournament experiences, you still remained in your seat after the game was over. Do you get nervous a lot?

I've lost so many times during Proleague that the desire to win games is desperate now. I'm not sure if it's because I get nervous or what but my legs always feel so loose during Proleague (laughs).

Do you think EG-TL will make the post season?

As long as we maintain this positive atmosphere that's going around right now within the entire team and put our hearts together as one, then I think we'll be able to keep feeling good about anything regardless of our wins and losses. And I can't help but feel like a miracle is always a possibility if you work hard. If we do make it to the post season, it's going to feel like a dream. If we don't make it, (Daily eSports are bloody fools and cut off this part of the interview here so I had to improvise) then we're fine cause all we have to do is blame TaeJa's wrists.

Perhaps EG-TL would not be ranked dead last had supervisor Park joined the team earlier.

That really is something that is disappointing (laughs). But he's here now so it's a relief. But if you think about it, isn't it so much more awesome if we pull off a comeback story into the post season after being ranked dead last? (laughs) I really want to show an even more amazing side of EG-TL to the fans.

There is word all around that Protoss is OP in HotS.

Honestly, Protoss is not OP (laughs). If you play on ladder, there are tons of Terran and Zerg players alike who are really strong (laughs). The game balance will work itself out as we continue to keep on playing, no? (laughs)

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors Twitch.tv, Barracuda Networks, Razer, TLAF, supervisor Park for believing in me and sending me out, my friends, and my parents.

I want to close off with a statement to my teammates saying that I really hope we continue to prioritize the team rather than ourselves like we've been doing recently. Lastly, it is Team Liquid's owner, Victor (Nazgul)'s birthday so I want to wish him a happy birthday (laughs).
On April 10 2013 05:08 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
It is not my birthday but I'll take it.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
April 09 2013 19:59 GMT
#2
I love you Seeker!
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33701 Posts
April 09 2013 19:59 GMT
#3
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
aslejoh
Profile Joined July 2012
Norway96 Posts
April 09 2013 20:01 GMT
#4
Thank you for the translation, I did however read this translation a few hours ago on reddit.. get up earlier!
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
April 09 2013 20:02 GMT
#5
Yay EG-TL
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
April 09 2013 20:04 GMT
#6
On April 10 2013 04:59 Waxangel wrote:
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it


Why Waxangel ? bad angle ?
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
April 09 2013 20:06 GMT
#7
On April 10 2013 05:01 aslejoh wrote:
Thank you for the translation, I did however read this translation a few hours ago on reddit.. get up earlier!

I have a job now T-T
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Kieofire
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1809 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 20:13:50
April 09 2013 20:06 GMT
#8
Thanks for the interview translation, maybe HerO needs to start bringing his chair around with him to make him feel more comfortable.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
April 09 2013 20:08 GMT
#9
It is not my birthday but I'll take it.
Administrator
RQShatter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States459 Posts
April 09 2013 20:08 GMT
#10
On April 10 2013 05:08 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
It is not my birthday but I'll take it.


Best part of this thread.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
April 09 2013 20:11 GMT
#11
On April 10 2013 05:04 shell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 04:59 Waxangel wrote:
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it


Why Waxangel ? bad angle ?


Hero is self conscious about his teeth, which is why he usually covers his mouth when he smiles.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 09 2013 20:12 GMT
#12
On April 10 2013 05:11 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 05:04 shell wrote:
On April 10 2013 04:59 Waxangel wrote:
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it


Why Waxangel ? bad angle ?


Hero is self conscious about his teeth, which is why he usually covers his mouth when he smiles.


That totally sucks, but it make sense. My girlfriend thinks Hero is adorable and I have never noticed his teeth ever.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
April 09 2013 20:14 GMT
#13
Teeth can make or break the face. Best to not open your mouth too much if you have bad teeth. Doesnt help that he smokes as well.
Long live the Boss Toss!
Darkren
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1841 Posts
April 09 2013 20:15 GMT
#14
On April 10 2013 05:08 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
It is not my birthday but I'll take it.


The mystery forms itself???
"Yeah, I send (hopefully) helpful PM's quite frequently. You don't have to warn/ban everything" - KadaverBB
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
April 09 2013 20:20 GMT
#15
On April 10 2013 04:59 Waxangel wrote:
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it

While you may be right, I've noticed that a ton of koreans cover their mouths when they laugh
Refer to my post.
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
April 09 2013 20:24 GMT
#16
You heard it here first folks, the secret to winning games is adjustable chair micro.
HeartOfTheSwarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
Niue585 Posts
April 09 2013 20:28 GMT
#17
So in the end. Did he really wish Nazgul birthday or not? I am confused :s
"I do not join. I lead." - Queen of Blades
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
April 09 2013 20:29 GMT
#18
"main character of the day" -- what a cool way to put it XD
T P Z sagi
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-09 20:41:19
April 09 2013 20:31 GMT
#19
On April 10 2013 05:11 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 05:04 shell wrote:
On April 10 2013 04:59 Waxangel wrote:
damn this photographer, it's ppl like him who make hero cover his mouth every time he opens it


Why Waxangel ? bad angle ?


Hero is self conscious about his teeth, which is why he usually covers his mouth when he smiles.


So the photographer is to be damned because he (edit: or she) took a picture of someone smiling. Crazy wax. :p

Hero is the hero of the day, of course he should smile.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 09 2013 20:31 GMT
#20
Awesome interview. What's the thing about Nazgul's birthday? :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 871
Hyuk 532
soO 429
Mini 191
ZerO 121
Killer 59
Shinee 50
Mind 41
Mong 28
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
PianO 24
ZergMaN 13
HiyA 12
Terrorterran 11
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 748
XcaliburYe335
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli523
Other Games
olofmeister852
ceh9633
Happy339
crisheroes188
Livibee182
Mew2King63
ArmadaUGS58
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH384
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Rush1227
• Jankos1223
• Stunt418
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 23m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.