• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:36
CEST 17:36
KST 00:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

[Interview] SPL Woongjin vs KHAN Round 3 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
March 05 2013 14:10 GMT
#1
(Z)Woongjin Stars Mekia

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about grabbing your first victory since debuting?

I was also confident for my last game but the actual scenario was different than practice so I got flustered. But I think I was less nervous for today’s game since it was my second game.

Your opponent was Stork.

He is someone I’ve followed even before I became a pro gamer. But I viewed him like any other Protoss player as I prepared against him and I also had a really good win ratio for practice.

You won in the final WoL match.

My debut was this season’s first game and I also grabbed the final victory for WoL. I am relieved that I grabbed my first victory for WoL. I would have been so miserable if I hadn’t secured a single victory for WoL even though I practiced so hard all this time.

You are also the final player to be interviews for WoL for Proleague.

I didn’t expect to get interviewed. Even the coaches and my teammates said I would get interviewed but I didn’t really get nervous.

Were you feeling uneasy about the fact that you rarely got sent out?

I am younger than most players on my team so I figured that I still have plenty of chances ahead of me.

If you had to evaluate today’s game?

Honestly I couldn’t even pull of 60% of what I had practiced today. I even made mistakes I normally never make. I would give myself a 60/100. I figured I had won the game around the middle when my opponent came to attack me.

Now HotS will commence.

If I had played WoL some more I probably could have made some good results. I am disappointed that it’s over now. But If I can keep practicing like this then I think I can still have good expectations for results.

Have you tried out HotS?

I haven’t played a lot of HotS. Rather than learn through performances my style is to dissect and to absorb so I just know about units right now.

This season’s goals?

I finally grabbed a victory so it all starts from here. If I can keep progressing forward throughout the remaining rounds, I think I can show mid-tier player performances.

How do you plan on spending your break?

I am on break but my friends are all still students so I can’t really meet up with them. I think I’ll be spending a lot of quality time with my family.

Anything else you would like to say?

This practice period was a long one. I want to thank ZerO hyung, free hyung, Soulkey hyung, and BisAnG hyung for helping me with practice even though they were stressed out. My favorite hyung, Lee Seung Jae, went off to the army so I hope he has a great time there. Lastly, I will work really hard so that I can make sure people don’t feel like I was a wasted opportunity.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
sinigang
Profile Joined August 2012
360 Posts
March 05 2013 14:18 GMT
#2
I like his mindset. Looks to be a really promising pro gamer.
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
March 05 2013 14:35 GMT
#3
He thinks he didn't even pull off 60% of the skills he had while practicing that day and he would give himself 60/100... Doesn't that mean he gave himself over 100/100 in practice?
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
March 05 2013 14:46 GMT
#4
On March 05 2013 23:35 MetalPanda wrote:
He thinks he didn't even pull off 60% of the skills he had while practicing that day and he would give himself 60/100... Doesn't that mean he gave himself over 100/100 in practice?


60/100 is 60%. He's just restating what he said.
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 15:01:32
March 05 2013 15:01 GMT
#5
On March 05 2013 23:35 MetalPanda wrote:
He thinks he didn't even pull off 60% of the skills he had while practicing that day and he would give himself 60/100... Doesn't that mean he gave himself over 100/100 in practice?

He means he played to 60% of his own full ability. That seems pretty clear.
EleGant[AoV]
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
March 05 2013 15:21 GMT
#6
stork ;;

its hard to get mad at woongjin though, gj
Everyday Girl's Day~!
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
March 05 2013 16:00 GMT
#7
It's always good to see a hard working player makes it to team A.
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
March 05 2013 16:01 GMT
#8
WP Mekia,can't wait to see you in round 4!!!
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
March 05 2013 16:03 GMT
#9
Stork is just so bad at sc2, it hurts. I even got Mekia at FPL this round cuz i knew he had a good shot at winning vs Stork... guess it was a good move.

Well done Mekia! Thanks Seeker.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 05 2013 18:12 GMT
#10
yay my captain haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 05 2013 19:45 GMT
#11
On March 06 2013 01:03 HolydaKing wrote:
Stork is just so bad at sc2, it hurts. I even got Mekia at FPL this round cuz i knew he had a good shot at winning vs Stork... guess it was a good move.

Well done Mekia! Thanks Seeker.


Stork actually did kind of decently in Round 2. He's not Code S-level, sure, but he's hardly "so bad it hurts" unless you get hurt easily ^^
AdministratorBreak the chains
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
March 05 2013 20:19 GMT
#12
Stork play on that game made me really really sad It's like he absolutely doesn't understand how protoss works in sc2. He gets ahead early and then completely throws it because he's still playing like it's bw and can't make a tight ball+good forcefields.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
March 05 2013 22:44 GMT
#13
On March 06 2013 03:12 opterown wrote:
yay my captain haha

What? Really?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 22:49:58
March 05 2013 22:47 GMT
#14
In case you didn't know this is the guy that knocked out Artosis in the Code A qualifiers. Artosis said something like... he wouldnt be able to take a game off this guy even on his best day. it's in one of the GSL vods. whichever is the day he was casting after his qualifier
On March 06 2013 07:44 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 03:12 opterown wrote:
yay my captain haha

What? Really?

I think opterown has used Mekia as his captain every round but I might be mistaken.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 06 2013 00:59 GMT
#15
On March 06 2013 07:44 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 03:12 opterown wrote:
yay my captain haha

What? Really?

yeah fokins #1 captain
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 01:59:34
March 06 2013 01:59 GMT
#16
Never heard of Mekia before but good thing that he managed a win on his debute before WoL ended Thanks for translation!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
March 06 2013 02:27 GMT
#17
On March 06 2013 10:59 BigFan wrote:
Never heard of Mekia before but good thing that he managed a win on his debute before WoL ended Thanks for translation!

It's not his debut. He started Round 1 for Woongjin Stars against CJ_herO and lost. Nonetheless it is very fitting to have him win against Stork in the last win of WJS in WoL.
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
March 06 2013 02:49 GMT
#18
Good to see younger guys coming up in the kespa teams! Was really sad after all those rounds of rookies and B teamers leaving the teams after the transition from BW to sc2 :[
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1176
Mini 976
Soma 626
actioN 526
Rush 381
Light 361
ggaemo 320
Larva 287
Horang2 262
Stork 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 209
hero 208
Barracks 125
firebathero 108
Killer 107
Aegong 100
Shine 98
Dewaltoss 91
Zeus 73
JYJ 40
Shinee 38
Sharp 38
Sexy 36
soO 36
ToSsGirL 27
Liquid`Ret 24
Bale 23
zelot 22
sorry 21
Trap 18
Rock 18
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8302
qojqva1907
Dendi797
420jenkins150
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 762
x6flipin524
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1548
B2W.Neo892
Khaldor712
byalli505
Lowko366
Mlord287
Liquid`VortiX199
DeMusliM194
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe136
Trikslyr39
Railgan5
BRAT_OK 1
gofns0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH178
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2451
• Jankos1742
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur142
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 25m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.