• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:51
CEST 16:51
KST 23:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6731 users

[Interview] Code S RO4 Day 2 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 18:41:59
March 01 2013 18:39 GMT
#1
(Z)SamsungKHAN_RorO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

This is your first time in the GSL finals. How does it feel?

I feel like I've been freed. After TaeJa was decided as my opponent, I couldn't sleep properly for a whole week. All I thought about was the match, and I kept worrying. I did tell oDin that I might win 4-1, so I'm glad that that actually happened. But I don't feel as happy as I thought I would.

How did you feel after TaeJa was confirmed as your opponent?

My practice did go well, but I felt pressured, maybe because this was my first time in the Ro4. I kept thinking about how the match would go and how I wanted to go to the finals, so I couldn't relax.

This is also the first time that a KeSPA player has reached the GSL finals. You must be feeling something special.

I do feel good about accomplishing such a thing. When I watched other players' matches, I kept thinking that I could do even better. I'm proud of being able to step ahead of the other KeSPA players.

You began the match by losing Set 1 on Cloud Kingdom. What was the reason why you lost?

I was hit by a Hellion drop that I didn't see coming at all, so the game didn't flow as I'd expected. I couldn't micro as I'd wanted to because this was the first game, so I was working against myself. TaeJa prepared well, but I think it was more my fault.

You showed a lot of hasty aggression during Set 2.

I don't play so aggressively during practice. I felt that my hands had completely loosened up during Set 1, so I wanted to start fighting during Set 2. But because of how good TaeJa's defense was, it was harder to win than I'd thought it would be.

For Sets 3 and 4, you played all-in style games. Did you plan this in advance?

I did. My game plan during those games was to go all-in. In the third game, I did win, but I saw that he had likely pre-prepared his strategy as well; I think I was able to win because I caught him by surprise. TaeJa's play today wasn't any different from what I had seen during his past matches up until now. Everything that he did I had thought about during the past week.

You played econ-heavy during Set 5, and the game became very spread out.

The game I liked best was Set 5. It was textbook Wings of Liberty ZvT. I had prepared all of my strategies, the Zergling run-bys based on my opponent's movements and everything. I was even thinking about these in my sleep, and I want to write a textbook on ZvT with everything I've dreamed.

At the end of Set 5, you started performing an in-game ceremony but then stopped.

I thought the match would end right there and wanted to do something, anything, before the game was over. I think that the other players will think it's silly when they watch me cancel my manner buildings, but I had to because I had no money. I laughed when it happened, too.

You continued to show your strength in playing Bo3+ matches. Do you particularly prefer to play multiple-game series?

I quite like playing longer matches. I never had the opportunity to play one back in Brood War. I may have had confidence in myself, but having everything be decided by a single game didn't feel good; it made me nervous. For multiple-game game series, I become so much calmer once Set 1 ends and Set 2 begins, so I think they suit me better.

Your next opponent will be Symbol. How do you think the match will play out?

When I watched Symbol's matches, I saw that he prepares the most out of the Zergs. His build orders vary a lot. Even disregarding skill, I think his preparedness is very impressive. I don't think the finals will end easily. I think that the winner will be decided by which player is more ready for his opponent.

Could you make a quick score prediction?

I think that the match will be decided 4-1 or 4-2. I don't think it will be a full series.

We're curious to know whether you may have seen Symbol's interview.

I read his interview yesterday alongside my teammates. It's disappointing that they kept discussing only TaeJa. Even the people around me wanted to watch a ZvT, so I guess that's why.

Tell us anything more that you would like to say.

My team cared for me a lot. My manager and oDin-hyung found all of my practice partners for me, and I think that that's what allowed me to win. I think that there are many people who wanted to watch ZvT at the finals, so I tried to create the most stunning ZvT series in Wings of Liberty; it's a shame that things ended so disappointingly like this. My week was filled with pressure, and I feel free from it now that I've won. I practiced with Reality for several days, and I'm sorry that I forced him to keep playing with only me. I became more confident in myself thanks to Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, and I'm also thankful to Reality, Kop, and TurN, my Terran teammates. People might be disappointed that the finals is a ZvZ, but I'll work hard to show the best series possible, so please look forward to good games. When I went home for the Chinese New Year before playing in the Ro16, I told my mother that I would invite her to the finals, so I'm very glad that I was able to keep my word. I hope that my family is proud of me, too.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
AXygnus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Portugal1008 Posts
March 01 2013 18:42 GMT
#2
On March 02 2013 03:39 wozzot wrote:
At the end of Set 5, you started performing an in-game ceremony but then stopped.

I thought the match would end right there and wanted to do something, anything, before the game was over. I think that the other players will think it's silly when they watch me cancel my manner buildings, but I had to because I had no money. I laughed when it happened, too.


Hahaha, oh my god.
"To create, to recreate. To create, to recreate. Down to the last seed, I stand with a dark stare. Still silent. Still frighteningly silent."
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
March 01 2013 18:43 GMT
#3
lol he pretty much practiced with best kespa terrans.

go roro, make kespa proud!
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Arevall
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1133 Posts
March 01 2013 18:44 GMT
#4
Thanks!
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
March 01 2013 18:45 GMT
#5
I forgive you, Roro, you seem like a cool guy.
Solarsail
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom538 Posts
March 01 2013 18:48 GMT
#6
" Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, and I'm also thankful to Reality, Kop, and TurN, my Terran teammates."

Looks like "every Terran on planet Earth" helped Roro prepare for the match.
Everyone left over is a member of the OP race and you have to figure out which one of them is the least OP. - CosmicSpiral
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
March 01 2013 18:50 GMT
#7
You played econ-heavy during Set 5, and the game became very spread out.

The game I liked best was Set 5. It was textbook Wings of Liberty ZvT. I had prepared all of my strategies, the Zergling run-bys based on my opponent's movements and everything. I was even thinking about these in my sleep, and I want to write a textbook on ZvT with everything I've dreamed.


so passionate lol
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
March 01 2013 18:51 GMT
#8
Thank you very much for translation!
Get off my lawn, young punks
massivez
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium653 Posts
March 01 2013 18:51 GMT
#9
On March 02 2013 03:48 Solarsail wrote:
" Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, and I'm also thankful to Reality, Kop, and TurN, my Terran teammates."

Looks like "every Terran on planet Earth" helped Roro prepare for the match.


Lol indeed, those guys are so hardcore:s.
Azriel
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico462 Posts
March 01 2013 18:54 GMT
#10
Roro for champ!!!
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
March 01 2013 18:55 GMT
#11
Aww, gotta feel bad for Roro, not his fault that a lot of people aren't super interested in the finals.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 01 2013 18:57 GMT
#12
Decent practice partners
AdministratorBreak the chains
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
March 01 2013 18:57 GMT
#13
What a nice interview.
Hopefully it will become the most epic ZvZ of all time, so everyone that doesn't watch in HD will melt in envy. (ZvZ on the free stream is ... wait there were units on the creep ?! )

With every game reaching the Free unit war, that will go on with 40 minutes of micro, trying to gain one grid after the other.
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
March 01 2013 19:00 GMT
#14
thanks for translating as usual! everything roro says sounds so dedicated, really beginning to like him especially after the hilarious manner hatch cancels lol
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 19:01:13
March 01 2013 19:01 GMT
#15
I was even thinking about these in my sleep, and I want to write a textbook on ZvT with everything I've dreamed.

such an amazing quote haha.
xsnac
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Barbados1365 Posts
March 01 2013 19:01 GMT
#16
" Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, "

The FUCK ?? did he missed any gosu terran practice partner other then mvp or taeja ?
1/4 \pi \epsilon_0
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
March 01 2013 19:06 GMT
#17
Roro just a good guy, hope he wins
Refer to my post.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
March 01 2013 19:11 GMT
#18
On March 02 2013 04:01 xsnac wrote:
" Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, "

The FUCK ?? did he missed any gosu terran practice partner other then mvp or taeja ?

In my signature.
:D
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
March 01 2013 19:13 GMT
#19
On March 02 2013 03:48 Solarsail wrote:
" Axiom's Ryung, KT's Flash, Team 8's TY and cure, and STX's INnoVation, and I'm also thankful to Reality, Kop, and TurN, my Terran teammates."

Looks like "every Terran on planet Earth" helped Roro prepare for the match.

I have no idea why Fionn thought Taeja was preparing for a TvT.

Also, expecting Reality to be a master at TvZ now.

Thanks for the translation.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
March 01 2013 19:20 GMT
#20
No wonder taeja lost , after playing those monsters I'd be suprised if roro didn't win .
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 86
Codebar 56
Reynor 23
RotterdaM 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64460
Bisu 3462
FanTaSy 1230
Stork 774
Rush 583
hero 236
Snow 214
firebathero 197
Mind 104
Sharp 80
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Sexy 62
Pusan 56
ToSsGirL 47
Last 39
Trap 37
Bale 29
Mong 27
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 19
Rock 18
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 16
Aegong 14
zelot 12
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9754
Dendi872
Counter-Strike
fl0m2255
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2283
Liquid`RaSZi1392
Beastyqt713
B2W.Neo663
Mlord552
olofmeister468
Khaldor359
Happy323
KnowMe277
Hui .219
crisheroes171
Chillindude65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV514
League of Legends
• Nemesis4188
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1344
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
9m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 9m
OSC
8h 9m
Replay Cast
8h 9m
OSC
21h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.