• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8051 users

[Interview] Code A RO24 Day 1 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 13:55:26
February 20 2013 11:34 GMT
#1
(T)ST_Bomber

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've returned to Code S once again. Tell us your thoughts.

My goal at the beginning of this season was to secure a Code S seed for Heart of the Swarm, so I feel glad. It's a bit unfortunate that I wasn't able to advance to the Code S Ro8.

How did you prepare once HerO was confirmed as your opponent?

I did play a little Heart of the Swarm before, but I prepared [for this match] for around two days, starting on Monday.

Did you anticipate a 2-0 victory?

I was playing a TvP, so I was confident. HerO may be a good player, but he kept on practicing Heart of the Swarm, so I felt that I would win.

You used early-game harassment during your games to get ahead of your opponent.

My play style is usually to go for a quick CC, so I decided to focus on performing early-game harassment this time, and it worked well. HerO looked like he got flustered.

You've mentioned that you've played Heart of the Swarm. What do you think of HotS?

I feel that Terran is the best, followed by Protoss. Zerg is the worst race, and I think there will need to be a patch. Zergs can manage during the mid and late game, but they have a hard time coping against early-game harassment.

You must be looking forward to Heart of the Swarm next season.

If HotS is released as is, I think that Zerg will become extinct (laughs). I would like them to leave just the Medivac boosters alone; that's my flavor of Terran.

Tell us anything more that you would like to say.

I would like to tell Zerg players that since you've won a lot during Wings of Liberty, I would like it if you suffered a bit. I want to send my thanks to Avenge and Han Jae-hoon [not that Jaehoon] for helping me practice, as well as my team's sponsors, Red Bull, ZOWIE, and Joy Gear.



(Z)FXO_Leenock

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us your thoughts on advancing to Code S.

I feel delighted about finishing well and being able to play in Code S for Heart of the Swarm next season.

How did you prepare for your match once your opponent was decided?

To be honest, I thought that I would lose. I aimed for the Up & Downs and only practiced Heart of the Swarm. After playing only HotS, playing Wings of Liberty somehow became more comfortable, and that's why I think I was able to win.

How was Heart of the Swarm?

Early- and mid-game harassment is too difficult to deal with, so I keep losing early on; there's no way to block Terran early-game pressure. I think I've lost nearly all of my HotS games [against Terran] (laughs).

What would you think would be good improvements for HotS?

I can't say for certain because I haven't played much, but I don't think there's any way to counter Hellbats; I even lose to amateur players. I can handle ZvZ or ZvP, but I keep on losing my ZvT games.

This is your ninth consecutive Code S season. If you stay in Code S just one more time, you'll receive the NesTea award.

I think that I can earn the NesTea award as long as I work hard, and I think that I'll be able to go above and beyond that if I work even harder.

Tell us anything more that you would like to say.

I'm always grateful to the fans for cheering for me, and I'm also thankful to my team's sponsors, FXO, Twitch.tv, and Razer.



(T)IM_YoDa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've advanced to Code S for three consecutive seasons.

Today's results were so-so. I wasn't looking foward [to this match] because my condition wasn't very good, but I feel that I was able to win because luck was on my side.

How did you prepare for today's match?

I practiced when I could find the time, but I didn't get enough practice because I was too fatigued. Even this morning, I had to go the hospital to get supplement shots.

Considering that you blocked the proxy Barracks attack during the first set, the game went on for a long time.

I don't know whether it's because I've gotten bad recently, but I wasn't able to focus well during today's match. I don't think that my performance today was very good.

You ended up losing Set 2 to MarineKing's Marines.

I definitely felt how astounding MarineKing's army maneuvering is. I definitely think that it's his strong point and that it's something that I should learn.

Were your MULE drop and manner CC during the third set intentional?

I used it after seeing the MULE drop during the second set. I didn't mean anything bad by it.

During your last Code A interview, you said that this match would be an exciting one. How does you feel now that you've actually played it?

MarineKing's army maneuvering was as good as I thought it would be. I wasn't able to enjoy this match because of my bodily condition, and I felt very pressured.

You've gone directly into Code S. Starting next season, you'll be playing Heart of the Swarm, so how are you planning to prepare?

I haven't played that many games yet. For now, I'm thinking of playing as much as I can. There are three Zergs by my side at the team house, and they all seemed to find HotS difficult; I think that Terran is the best right now.

Do you have any last words?

I'm thankful to my team's sponsors, LG Electronics, Googims Company, HyperX, Coca-Cola, SteelSeries, and ASRock, as well as to my brother's wife and my manager. Now that I've gotten sick after leaving home, I've started wanting to see my mother. I hope that all of you take care not to catch a cold.



(Z)Quantic_HyuN

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

First of all, tell us your thoughts on today's victory.

If Sniper had won today, he would have blocked my path forward just as he did in the finals, so I feel very glad. It's fortunate because I would have had trouble in the Up & Downs because of my tight overseas tournament schedule for March.

In the first set, you fell behind for a moment.

It had been an even situation; Sniper is a very good macro player. I had thought before that winning would be difficult, but when I took a strong position after the first engagement, I believed that I could easily win. However, I somehow ended being pushed back. I don't know whether it was because of my experience losing to him at the finals, but I kept on going. I lost both the build order battle and the mind games.

What do you think were the factors behind your defeat in the second game?

Instead of spawning a Queen at my natural, I made two at my main base. After my first Queen came out, I knew that I had made a mistake. Truthfully, I couldn't get much practice on Icarus because I was knocked out of Code S so quickly. They say that Icarus will trip you up if you don't practice on it much. All I focused on was mining the gold minerals with my workers, so I only ended up getting four Larva instead of eight. Even when I attacked, I had no support for my Banelings; my opponent had more Banelings than I had Zerglings. I really regret making that initial mistake.

You must have been in a difficult position with the third set ahead of you.

I thought of how much I lost when I was defeated at the finals and how terrible it would be if I lost today, too. I think that Sniper was thinking about a lot of things during that game; he kept trying to scout me. I just focused on what I should do myself.

You seemed to have intentionally showed your expansion Hatchery during the third set.

It's true; I did it because making no expansion means that your opponent knows that you're going all-in. I think it was effective.

With next season's Code S seed, you'll have to start preparing for Heart of the Swarm right away.

I'm already practicing now, but it's too hard. I'm not asking for much, but I wish that it were more similar to Wings of Liberty. I also wish that Zerg would become slightly better. I feel that WoL was good. After last season's GSL finals, I feel like my results have been on the downfall; I kept getting blocked by ZvZ. I do feel confident, but I keep on facing strong Zerg players.

Tell us anything more that you have to say.

I hope that with today's turnaround, I can start showing good results. I would like it if the fans cheered a lot for me. I want to thank Symbol, RagnaroK, and Revival for helping me practice even when they had games of their own, and I also want to send my thanks to Quantic Gaming's owner and manager.
+
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
February 20 2013 11:37 GMT
#2
Interesting interviews.

This one made me laugh:

You must be looking forward to Heart of the Swarm next season.

If HotS is released as is, I think that Zerg will become extinct (laughs). I would like them to leave just the Medivac boosters alone; that's my flavor of Terran.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
jackstitties
Profile Joined April 2010
United States43 Posts
February 20 2013 11:39 GMT
#3
Thanks for all you do wozzot.
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
February 20 2013 11:40 GMT
#4
Bomber <3
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
February 20 2013 11:46 GMT
#5
1 more for the nestea award. So excited >_<
리노크 👑
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
February 20 2013 11:47 GMT
#6
Thanks for interviews

Damn, when koreans starting losing to "ametur terrans" as Z, you know Hellbats are VERY broken xD Guess blizz will act on it soon...xD
Until then.....TVT WARS NEXT SEASON :D
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
WhX
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany778 Posts
February 20 2013 11:49 GMT
#7
Glad both Bomber and Leenock made it through, even with Yonghwa getting eliminated.

Thanks for the interviews!
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
February 20 2013 11:50 GMT
#8
bomber <3 my condolescenes to zergs
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
February 20 2013 11:56 GMT
#9
I feel Bomber completely on his interview. It would be nice to see zergs suffer a little bit lol. But better their is a good balance asap for the sake of good tournaments. TY interviews!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 12:02:31
February 20 2013 12:01 GMT
#10
oh, didn't realize Leenock was so close to the Nestea award :o

He'll be the 3rd recipient for sure then ^^

and Bomber has no mercy for Zerg ;;
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
February 20 2013 12:08 GMT
#11
Hellbats are strange units that deals massive amounts of damage. Leenock knows what's up.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
February 20 2013 12:34 GMT
#12

"I would like to tell Zerg players that since you've won a lot during Wings of Liberty, I would like it if you suffered a bit."

YEAH BOMBER :D <3
The Bomber boy
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
February 20 2013 12:37 GMT
#13
The Nestea award is cursed! Watch out Leenock!
Long live the Boss Toss!
hasuterrans
Profile Joined April 2009
United States614 Posts
February 20 2013 12:37 GMT
#14

Tell us anything more that you would like to say.

I would like to tell Zerg players that since you've won a lot during Wings of Liberty, I would like it if you suffered a bit.


Lol, unfortunately it probably won't happen. Instead of zerg buffs I predict terran nerfs.
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
February 20 2013 12:38 GMT
#15
Atleast Bomber is man enough to say Zerg is super weak. Hopefully D. Kim patches soon.
Nice interviews, glad these guys got through
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
February 20 2013 12:48 GMT
#16
Bomber is hilarious
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
Wayem
Profile Joined May 2010
France455 Posts
February 20 2013 12:49 GMT
#17
Bomber kicks the T whiners in the nuts... I wonder what Avilo would say about this interview ahah
"who needs micro when you can have more stuff ?" -day9
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 20 2013 12:57 GMT
#18
cheerz wozz
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 12:59:05
February 20 2013 12:58 GMT
#19
Glad Bomber and Leenock spoke out about the Hellbats, so far they are by far the worst terran unit in the game, minimum micro potential, huge damage, , super versatile, low cost, as a terran player it makes me sick to have this unit in my armory.

On topic, happy with the players that made it trough today. Bomber is just awesome, and Leenock plays a very entertaining style, and is one season away from the NesTea award, Hyun gets revenge on Sniper. And we have a great series next week in Flash vs Rain.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
February 20 2013 13:12 GMT
#20
On February 20 2013 20:37 JOJOsc2news wrote:
Interesting interviews.

This one made me laugh:

Show nested quote +
You must be looking forward to Heart of the Swarm next season.

If HotS is released as is, I think that Zerg will become extinct (laughs). I would like them to leave just the Medivac boosters alone; that's my flavor of Terran.

atleast he is honest about balance.
''you got to yolo things up to win''
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 28
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1085
Mini 905
Soma 602
Shuttle 552
actioN 467
Rush 374
Light 316
ggaemo 311
Larva 293
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
BeSt 237
Horang2 216
Snow 170
hero 151
firebathero 120
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 106
Aegong 73
Zeus 71
Shine 60
Shinee 55
Liquid`Ret 39
Sharp 39
Sexy 35
JYJ 30
soO 27
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 17
Rock 14
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8648
qojqva2008
Dendi841
420jenkins152
Counter-Strike
fl0m1292
Fnx 776
x6flipin532
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5437
Grubby449
Other Games
singsing1479
B2W.Neo960
byalli496
Mlord330
ceh9288
Khaldor263
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX159
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS102
Beastyqt80
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV230
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH249
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile125
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV362
League of Legends
• Nemesis2469
• TFBlade774
Other Games
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 47m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.