• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:33
CEST 00:33
KST 07:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8596 users

[Interview] NSH vs MVP 2013 GSTL Pre-Season

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 05:34:41
February 19 2013 04:55 GMT
#1
(T)NSH_jjakji

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

It has been a while since you secured multiple kills like that. How do you feel?

It has been such a long time. I took a break from a lot of tournaments so I thought a lot about perhaps retiring. But a lot of tournaments opened up recently and I felt confident again ever getting through several qualifiers. I played comfortably today since it was Pre-Season and I was able to make a good result.

Have you been playing lots of HotS?

I think it's been about ten days now. I still had a lot of WoL tournaments I needed to participate in so I couldn't start HotS that quickly. Even yesterday, I kept on practicing WoL until around dinner time. Then, I finally got to play some HotS. I wasn't really confident in myself but I didn't get nervous so I think that's why today's result was so good.

But it felt like your understanding of the game was pretty high.

I thoroughly kept on studying VODs. I was also contemplating whether or not to play WoL style but I wanted to put on a show so I ended up using hellbats and widow mines. Honestly speaking though, I think playing WoL style for HotS is still the most effective.

Your hellbat plays were really powerful.

It's hard to use hellbats for TvP but they work really well in TvZ. There was a patch that reduced the number of units you can pick up with a medivac but a bionic composition is still really strong. The Zergs kept on using a muta/ling/bling composition so I think that's why the hellbats seemed stronger than normal.

You played a near one hour game against Dream.

I even hate playing macro games for TvT during practice so these kinds of scenarios don't come out often. But I think I was able to realize something through today's game. After I nuked him while I was throwing him around here and there, I think I was able to get a grasp of this game. I think I saw my opponent start to break down afterwards.

It seems like HotS TvTs don't really differ from WoL TvTs. What's your opinion?

I don't think there's that big of a difference. I wanted to try out the new units but there was just never an area where they were needed. It's disappointing. But still, a macro game came out and the community said that the game was fun so I think it all worked out.

Looks like HotS will be a revival for you.

I've been confident in my skills as of late but the results just aren't coming out. HotS is still just the beginning but I keep playing legitimately so it's going well. + Show Spoiler [MLG Qualifiers Result] +
I was able to beat DRG hyung in MLG qualifiers because he hadn't practiced as much as I had.
I get confident as long as I do well and my recent results have been very positive. I want to continue riding this momentum.

Can we look forward to an even better form for the semifinals?

I am going to work hard so that I can show something. But there really isn't anything new for Terran. Since hellbats remind me of firebats, I think the only new unit is the widow mine. Rather than say that Terrans should try to show new things, I think we need to focus on upgrading the basics.

Who would you like to face, Axiom-Acer or LG-IM?

Both teams have a lot of players that have been playing HotS for a long time. I know that Seed has especially been focusing a lot on HotS. But I want to grab revenge for the last GSTL, so I would like to face LG-IM.

Anything else you would like to say?

It's only Pre-Season but this tournament is really important to us. I like that we can feel comfortable but I wish we would work just a little bit harder. Lastly, I want to thank my parents, my friends, and my girlfriend for always cheering me on.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
February 19 2013 04:58 GMT
#2
+ Show Spoiler +
I was able to beat DRG hyung in MLG qualifiers because he hadn't practiced as much as I had.



LOLOLOL
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
KanoCoke
Profile Joined June 2011
Japan863 Posts
February 19 2013 04:58 GMT
#3
jjakji, showing us again why he used to be so badass.
Will always cheer for: MMA Bomber Taeja Curious Life herO Zest
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 19 2013 04:58 GMT
#4
I hope they are right about HoTS being a revival for jjakji! hope to see him play more and get back in the GSL
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
JonathanMerklin
Profile Joined August 2011
United States72 Posts
February 19 2013 04:59 GMT
#5
I understand why Jjakji would get the interview (especially after that performance) but I really want to hear from other NSH players - after Freaky, San, Sting, and Sage left to do other things I can't say I know a whole lot about their current lineup.
"The object of the game is to win. If they can't counter that, they're the ones with the problem, not you." - Nemephosis
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
February 19 2013 05:08 GMT
#6
I've always really liked jjakji and I'm really happy to see him performing well. I hope he pulls through and we see him in individual leagues again. Still, this was great. He was very dominant and it was impressive..
Try another route paperboy.
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
February 19 2013 05:10 GMT
#7
Lol that spoiler..
Jaedong & Faker
cekkmt
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
February 19 2013 05:20 GMT
#8
NSH wins it from here, calling it now
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 05:22:14
February 19 2013 05:22 GMT
#9
jjakji and NSH hwaiting!
Really good to see them doing well since, from the way things were going, it looked like they'd go the way of SlayerS and TSL, which would suck a lot.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
February 19 2013 05:22 GMT
#10
Ah Jjakji winning stuff again. Makes me happy.

Hoping he does go through a HotS revival and returns to Code S sometime soon with some improved TvT.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
February 19 2013 05:30 GMT
#11
Glad to see the terran heros of old are comming back, watching them lose to zergs nonstop in wol was getting too repetitive
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
February 19 2013 05:31 GMT
#12
Thanks for translating. My favorite team of all Starcraft.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
February 19 2013 05:32 GMT
#13
That was an awesome TvT for not practicing macro TvTs, lol.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
VVeForever
Profile Joined November 2012
United States75 Posts
February 19 2013 05:36 GMT
#14
Jjakji is back <3 yesss
|SKT Life|SKT Jaedong | LET ME SKT DREAM |
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
February 19 2013 05:36 GMT
#15
jjakji yay
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 19 2013 05:41 GMT
#16
yay go jj! gratz
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 19 2013 05:58 GMT
#17
missed this >< Glad to hear that he is re-surging though!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 121
ViBE71
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 585
Artosis 360
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 474
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS103
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1457
Other Games
summit1g8029
shahzam528
byalli379
C9.Mang0219
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 27m
Stellar Fest
14h 27m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.