• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8004 users

[Interview] StarTale vs AZUBU 2013 GSTL Preseason

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 21:34:21
February 16 2013 09:38 GMT
#1
(T)AZUBU_SuperNova
(P)AZUBU_Genius

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

The first ever HotS match and you guys won. How do you feel?

SuperNova - This was our first SC2 team league since AZUBU formed their SC2 team and I am so glad that we were able to win. This was a meaningful first victory.
Genius - Ever since our SC2 team formed, almost everyone got eliminated in the individual leagues. I also fell down to the qualifiers and felt like I didn't deserve to look at the manager in the eye. So I told myself that I had to win today no matter what and I was able to feel no nerves because of SuperNova's two kills. It was disappointing that San hyung lost cause he made a mistake but we won so I am happy.

This was the first ever official HotS match.

SuperNova - I was't really feeling any burdens. Personally I had been preparing for HotS from quite a while ago so I was pretty used to it. I was disappointed that I only secured two kills but since I hadn't grabbed a victory in a while, I think the win meant more than usual.

You were sent out as the second player after Eve fell.

SuperNova - I was disappointed because I only secured two kills when I felt that I was going to secure an all kill. I was expecting to play against TREME but the game got messed up so it was a disappointing result. But there are still matches ahead of us so I am going to work hard so that I can grab an all kill next time.

You were sent out while the team was behind. Were you feeling any pressure?

Genius - The pressure was huge. Honestly, San hyung wasn't expecting to lose. I was more flustered than he was when I saw that he targeted his own stalker. I wasn't even thinking about it but I found myself setting myself up. I didn't think about pulling off a comeback but I did anticipate that I would go up against Bomber.

You grabbed your victory by using the build order that TREME used in the previous game. Was it a revenge strategy?

Genius - I expected TREME to go for a one gate build order. And I was just doing the counter build order so a revenge initiative wasn't really my goal.

Your final game against Bomber was all WoL.

Genius - Bomber played exactly like he would have played for WoL. He should not do that (laughs). He really did do everything exactly the same. It's easier to block medivac harassment in HotS so I see it as a completely different game. I just want to say, Bomber, you really can't play that way (laughs).

Any tips for Terran players?

Genius - Widow mines are the answer. You'll all be fine as long as you use widow mines extensively (laughs).

You defeated championship contender StarTale. What are your goals for this season?

SuperNova - Everyone on the team prepared for HotS extensively. And since we're working so hard, the championship is our goal. We will achieve it no matter what.
Genius - I found out today that StarTale was considered a championship contender (laughs). Since we won against a championship contender, it's time for us to grab the championship.

Who would you like to face next round?

SuperNova - I heard that the three Prime Terrans (MKP, ByuN, Maru) have all been doing well lately. I can't help but think that Prime will be the winner. But regardless of who makes it up, I won't be scared. I'll just work really hard so I can ensure that we don't lose.
Genius - I think FXO will be the easier opponent so I would like it if FXO would advance. But like SuperNova just stated, the three Terrans on Prime have been doing really well lately so I think they will become our opponent.

Anything else you would like to say?

SuperNova - I am glad because we secured a meaningful victory. Since I have been receiving even more encouragement than before, I will show my improved form. I will also keep streaming real hard so I hope the fans will tune in often.
Genius - A lot of things for HotS have really progressed from WoL. Even if I play just the way I want to, eventually everything tends to work out. I am very excited. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors AZUBU and Razer.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 09:42:56
February 16 2013 09:42 GMT
#2
I like supernova, not so much Genius because he beat bomber And Genius didn't know startale was a championship contender??? what is this??
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
February 16 2013 09:46 GMT
#3
Genius seems to be in good spirits about HotS. Could something about it actually have staved off his shift to LoL!?
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
February 16 2013 10:11 GMT
#4
On February 16 2013 18:42 partydude89 wrote:
Genius didn't know startale was a championship contender??? what is this??

They lost Squirtle and PartinG... Life was practicing for WoL the entire time and Bomber can't do everything himself. I figured that the finals would be Azubu vs. NSH because they have the most players practicing HotS...

Also, I think Aphrodite is meant to be Eve in question 3, Seeker... Unless SuperNova plays for StarTale or something.
tj341
Profile Joined October 2012
United States147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 08:46:41
February 16 2013 10:15 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation SeeKeR
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
February 16 2013 10:17 GMT
#6
Happy Birthday Seeker

Very happy to see Genius perform well!
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
February 16 2013 10:33 GMT
#7
Thanks for translating!
Flash | Mvp
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 16 2013 10:36 GMT
#8
Thanks Seeker!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 16 2013 10:39 GMT
#9
glad to hear from these two guys, it's been a while
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
February 16 2013 10:54 GMT
#10
Genius hwaiting! So it IS possible to beat WoL championship contenders using HoTS strategies! This'll make everything more interesting.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
mayneeahk
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada279 Posts
February 16 2013 17:31 GMT
#11
Very happy to see AZUBU win, feel as though my bandwagon hop was worth it. I truly think this team is capable of winning the HotS preseason and can't wait to see more from them.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
February 16 2013 17:36 GMT
#12
Thanks Seeker
Refer to my post.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 16 2013 17:38 GMT
#13
On February 16 2013 19:39 opterown wrote:
glad to hear from these two guys, it's been a while

exactly what i felt, would've been even more awesome if it was San and SuperNova

but i like Genius interviews so it's np!
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
February 16 2013 17:49 GMT
#14
hahaha dat logo. :D
Administrator
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
February 16 2013 17:51 GMT
#15
On February 16 2013 18:38 Seeker wrote:
Who would you like to face next round?

SuperNova - I heard that the three Prime Terrans (MKP, ByuN, Maru) have all been doing well lately. I can't help but think that Prime will be the winner. But regardless of who makes it up, I won't be scared. I'll just work really hard so I can ensure that we don't lose.
Genius - I think FXO will be the easier opponent so I would like it if FXO would advance. But just like SuperNova just stated, the three Terrans on Prime have been doing really well lately so I think they will become our opponent.


Does this mean that the mysterious prime at #3 HoTS GM is ByuN? O.o
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 16 2013 17:51 GMT
#16
I just realized there are no azubu team icons on TL ;o that's too bad
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
February 16 2013 18:03 GMT
#17
seems like in hots Terran is the new Zerg
everyone s frightening Terran now
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
February 16 2013 18:05 GMT
#18
aww wanted to see aphrodite/TREME interview.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 16 2013 18:24 GMT
#19
On February 17 2013 03:03 myRZeth wrote:
seems like in hots Terran is the new Zerg
everyone s frightening Terran now


No its the exact same thing as it was in WoL, T was real strong in the earlier patches. Blizz will find one way or another.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
February 16 2013 18:27 GMT
#20
On February 16 2013 18:42 partydude89 wrote:
I like supernova, not so much Genius because he beat bomber And Genius didn't know startale was a championship contender??? what is this??


Welcome to the subtle smacktalk of the one and only Genius.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.