• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8610 users

[Interview] SPL Team 8 vs EG-TL Round 3 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 09:31:27
February 05 2013 08:22 GMT
#1
(T)EG.PuMa_RC

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about snapping your six game losing streak?

I didn't care about how many losses I had but my performances overall were just not very good. My teammates were very concerned about me.

Why were you performing so poorly up till now?

When it came to overseas tournaments, I would always approach them comfortably since I didn't care about winning or losing. But Proleague made me feel the pressure. I just kept telling myself to play macro games. And after I kept losing I just told myself to keep calm. I think I'll be doing more all in builds from here on out so that I can be a bit more flexible with my builds.

It seems like the entire EG-TL team has been feeling burdened.

It's true that we feel burdened. But still, playing at ShinDoRim makes us feel less nervous. ShinDoRim is more comfortable than YongSan. Also, we have a good record at ShinDoRim.

It feels like you gained confidence with today's victory.

I feel like my insides have finally cleared up. I even thought to myself, "why couldn't I pull of something so simple much earlier?" In a sense, I'm embarrassed. But I don't think it's too late. I think I can make up for my lousy performances as long as I start doing well from here on out.

Fans seem to say that you don't know how to do anything but the 1/1/1.

In my past performances, I would freely go back from doing all ins and macro games so I made those kinds of results. Back then, the only all ins I used to do was the 1/1/1. I think that's why the fans have that kind of image about me (laughs).

Why were you able to successfully pull off the 1/1/1?

I dropped everything and focused on the game. I think Argo hyung played a little too idly since it was a televised match. Argo hyung's build order was supposed to block mine but I got lucky so I won.

Do you plan on continuously using the 1/1/1/?

I plan on using the 1/1/1 often against Protoss players. Protoss players going against me should watch out (laughs).

You have a lot of confidence in your 1/1/1's.

Even if my 1/1/1s get blocked during practice, I have this confidence that I can always pull it off in tournaments.

What did the coach tell you while you were on your losing streak?

He told me to always focus on my play. For a while, my performances have been really bad. Today, HerO hyung jokingly said "alright guys, let's just start today with an 0-1 record because of PuMa" (laughs). I felt stressed because I was on a losing streak but my teammates and coaching staff gave me a lot of advice.

This season's goals?

I think it's too soon for me to talk about goals. I think I'll start talking about goals once I establish a 50% win ratio.

How do you plan on spending the Chinese New Year?

I don't really have any special plans. I think I was going to have to spend a terrible break because of my losing record but now I think I can spend my break with a much more relaxed mindset.

Anything else you would like to say?

Teammates and friends alike were both really concerned about me since I was on a losing streak. My sister would watch all my games and always cheer me on and catch all my negative feelings. Also, I'm really good friends with JYP so JYP's mom would message me through an instant messenger to let me know that she is cheering for me every time I had a match coming up. I want to thank her for that.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 05 2013 08:28 GMT
#2
HerO so mean :o
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
February 05 2013 08:30 GMT
#3
Gogo JYPs mom!
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
February 05 2013 08:30 GMT
#4
lol everybody, even his mates, joked about the free win :D

well gj puma, I'm happy you managed to stop your loosing streak !
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
February 05 2013 08:32 GMT
#5
On February 05 2013 17:28 opterown wrote:
HerO so mean :o


when you meet back to back in so many tournament finals...!
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
February 05 2013 08:33 GMT
#6
On February 05 2013 17:28 opterown wrote:
HerO so mean :o

JYP's mom is a boss
Refer to my post.
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
February 05 2013 08:34 GMT
#7
GJ Puma. Hope to see more success from you!
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
February 05 2013 08:38 GMT
#8
Hmm. It's really interesting that the venue of the match seems to be becoming a big factor this PL season.

Does anyone know if it seemed to be an important factor back in the BW days when they would play at both Yongsan and the MBC studio?
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
February 05 2013 08:39 GMT
#9
On February 05 2013 17:28 opterown wrote:
HerO so mean :o

My exact thought, haha...
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
February 05 2013 08:47 GMT
#10
yay puma

lol @ hero

jyp's mom = awesome!

i like puma with neutral hair color, also looks like his skin has cleared up quite a bit. good for him!
byah!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 05 2013 08:51 GMT
#11
Under the belt, HerO, under the belt.
AdministratorBreak the chains
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
February 05 2013 08:54 GMT
#12
JYP's mom was got it going on! shes all that i want, and i've waited for so long. JYP can't you see, your just not the gamer for me.........
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
February 05 2013 09:27 GMT
#13
Yay puma looking better <3
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Ljas
Profile Joined July 2012
Finland725 Posts
February 05 2013 09:28 GMT
#14
On February 05 2013 17:22 Seeker wrote:
I'm really food friends with JYP

Say what now?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 05 2013 09:31 GMT
#15
On February 05 2013 18:28 Ljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 17:22 Seeker wrote:
I'm really food friends with JYP

Say what now?

How in the world did no one else catch that? -__-;;
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Evil_Sheep
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
February 05 2013 09:53 GMT
#16
On February 05 2013 17:22 Seeker wrote:
Today, HerO jokingly said "alright guys, let's just start today with an 0-1 record because of PuMa" (laughs).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! jerk.

It seems like a long time ago since Puma was beating top players like Creator and ByuN. Actually it was only a month ago (in IPTL.) There is still hope for Puma...but I'd still like to see EGTL give Thorzain a shot.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
February 05 2013 10:03 GMT
#17
On February 05 2013 18:31 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 18:28 Ljas wrote:
On February 05 2013 17:22 Seeker wrote:
I'm really food friends with JYP

Say what now?

How in the world did no one else catch that? -__-;;


we liked the typo!
ffxiv enjoyer
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
February 05 2013 10:58 GMT
#18
I wish I had a food friend.
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
Zygno
Profile Joined August 2012
Austria276 Posts
February 05 2013 16:50 GMT
#19
Puma is such an awesome guy, hope he can get some more wins for EG-TL! Would make me so happy.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 05 2013 16:51 GMT
#20
Hey guys, some clue in the interview seems to indicate he won using a 1/1/1.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
Nina 118
Nathanias 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16466
White-Ra 355
Artosis 145
ToSsGirL 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever333
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3308
Counter-Strike
fl0m1296
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox358
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1906
Liquid`Hasu1368
Trikslyr54
Other Games
summit1g6200
Grubby3631
ArmadaUGS1729
shahzam526
C9.Mang0242
JimRising 197
ZombieGrub62
Mew2King58
Railgan20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• davetesta23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1110
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 49m
OSC
14h 49m
Stellar Fest
14h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.