• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group G 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 12:50:04
January 31 2013 12:33 GMT
#1
(Z)Woongjin Stars_Soulkey

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You overcame the first wall that is the Ro32 of Code S. Tell us how you feel.

It was a very comfortable path. I came with the mentality that I would be okay with even getting eliminated but inside, I really did want to advance. I feel so good because I was able to advance.

You had to play against really tough opponents like TaeJa and NesTea in your group. Did you expect to advance out as first?

I expected to either advance out as first or get eliminated entirely. I just felt that way. I think I would have had a difficult time had I gone to the final round. I was feeling anxious because TaeJa and NesTea hyung were in my group.

Was it difficult preparing for GSL because of Proleague?

I wasn't able to separately prepare for GSL. I just told myself to stick to the basics. But preparing for the GSL was much more comforting than preparing for Proleague. I think that's why my performances for GSL are better.

Why is the GSL comfortable for you?

The fact that it is an individual tournament has a lot to do with it but the booth matches are just much more comfortable than playing in YongSan. I'm not sure why though (laughs).

In your match against TaeJa, you won by using a muta/ling/bling composition even in the late game.

I realized some things when I lost to TaeJa at MLG and at WCG. I was able to realize by studying VODs that Taeja likes to use a formulated play style by getting economically stabilized as he prepares a bio army. So I told my self that I would be able to win as long as I also get economically stabilized also.

Anyone you want to face for the Ro16?

I saw in Life's interview that he stated that he wants to get revenge on me. I'm not going to dodge him either. Since this is what Life wanted, now that I've advanced I'm pretty sure he'll pick me. I plan on creating a four Zerg group just like last time.

Are you facing any difficulties because of the maps?

I had almost no preparation done today for Icarus. But I was able to come up with a strategy none the less after seeing the map. I saw that it was a doable map and that it wasn't really all that different from any of the other maps.

This season's goals?

I told myself to play the Ro32 comfortably. But now that I'm in the Ro16 I want to advance to the quarter finals. I watched the Code A qualifiers yesterday and today and that helped me find the desire to stay in Code S. So I want to advance past the Ro16 no matter what.

Anything else you would like to say?

I was hurting a lot yesterday because of enteritis so I want to thank everyone who expressed their concern for me. I am sorry to my team for making them worry. I am undergoing the healing process so I am going to show even better performances for Proleague.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
January 31 2013 12:37 GMT
#2
Thanks not dodging life. That confidence is awesome
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
January 31 2013 12:38 GMT
#3
Thank you seeker!

enteritis? Soulkey ill?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Alstroemeria
Profile Joined February 2012
99 Posts
January 31 2013 12:40 GMT
#4
Wow, you posted this interview at the same time as wozzot lol.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
January 31 2013 12:41 GMT
#5
Seeker translation loyalist ! Will read here!
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
January 31 2013 12:41 GMT
#6
Not dodging Life I think is suicide, but good luck to him nonetheless!
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
January 31 2013 12:41 GMT
#7
Officially baking this as the official translation ^,^
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
January 31 2013 12:45 GMT
#8
sure i read the seeker trans
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
January 31 2013 12:47 GMT
#9
Seeker is best translator.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Mariosatr
Profile Joined September 2012
294 Posts
January 31 2013 12:49 GMT
#10
We could see Soulkey snipe Life again, but I'm not sure. He does seem good at preparing for single opponents, though (last season + the muta/ling/bling strategy today). Interesting that he wants an all-Zerg group though
A mind sharper than any blade.
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
January 31 2013 12:53 GMT
#11
I don't think you can hear this enough, but here it goes: The things you do for this community is incredible and we're all very much thankful for your work!

As for the interview, I'm guessing his team isn't allotting much time to individual leagues. Still pretty awesome that he won. Let's hope the next interview is Taeja
We talkin about PRACTICE
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 13:17:29
January 31 2013 13:16 GMT
#12
Happy to have Soulkey advance, and glad to see him confident against Life. Would love to see him knock Life out again, hah.

Thanks for translating. You guys really should coordinate your efforts though, heh.
Flash | Mvp
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 31 2013 13:24 GMT
#13
Soulkey not dodging the improved LifevZ? Bad move.
AdministratorBreak the chains
erby
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
464 Posts
January 31 2013 14:45 GMT
#14
Thanks Seeker! Now just waiting for very brief responses from TaeJa, haha.

"Show good games"

"Cheer me"

"Had confidence, knew I would win"
TeamLiquid Pro Staff@erbytv
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
January 31 2013 19:58 GMT
#15
thanks for translating!
Would've been cool if Nestea could've made another deep run in the last WoL season, but I have a feeling he might get a good start into HotS. He is a smart guy and good in an environment with a new meta, so I expect him to be back in Code S in no time.
Get off my lawn, young punks
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
January 31 2013 20:02 GMT
#16
On January 31 2013 23:45 erby wrote:
Thanks Seeker! Now just waiting for very brief responses from TaeJa, haha.

"Show good games"

"Cheer me"

"Had confidence, knew I would win"

You forgot "Sorry that I didn't advanced as first."
Anyway, thanks for the translation.
Zebrapudding
Profile Joined March 2011
United States66 Posts
February 01 2013 04:59 GMT
#17

Where's the taeja interview
HuK, TLO, Grubby, MKP, Soulkey fighting!
zergtat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Hong Kong853 Posts
February 01 2013 06:14 GMT
#18
Soulkey is such a baller, group of Zergs in RO16 incoming! :D
Z: SEn P: White-Ra T: Polt
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
February 01 2013 06:20 GMT
#19
Four Zerg group? On purpose?

What a fucking badass.
Jaedong plz
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
February 01 2013 06:22 GMT
#20
On February 01 2013 13:59 Zebrapudding wrote:

Where's the taeja interview

Haha sorry :/

wozzot did TaeJa's so I didn't do it.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1145
SteadfastSC819
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 561
IndyStarCraft 236
Rex135
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 819
IndyStarCraft 236
ProTech146
Rex 135
BRAT_OK 50
UpATreeSC 35
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39109
Shuttle 782
Mini 384
Larva 358
Rush 333
Dewaltoss 102
Hyuk 99
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 27
Bale 21
Rock 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1727
Counter-Strike
fl0m1480
Fnx 790
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1263
Other Games
FrodaN1317
Beastyqt386
DeMusliM246
XBOCT207
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe124
XaKoH 99
QueenE82
C9.Mang075
Mew2King69
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH306
• StrangeGG 44
• poizon28 37
• Hinosc 18
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3910
Other Games
• imaqtpie466
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 38m
Online Event
17h 38m
FEL
22h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.