• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:22
CEST 18:22
KST 01:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8551 users

[Interview] SPL KHAN vs SouL Round 2 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 13 2013 06:48 GMT
#1
Results are in! The majority voted yes and therefore, you guys get Samsung KHAN's Shine's interview!

(Z)Samsung KHAN_Shine

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about securing your very first victory for this season?

This was a very delayed first win. I feel so glad that I cut off my losing streak and grabbed my first victory.

Why were you on a losing streak for so long?

I used to think at first that I was losing because luck just wasn't following me but as I kept on losing I eventually started thinking that I am just lacking in skill.

What did you think was the biggest issue?

Overall, it was skill. I started remembering my form from the BW days. I had a lot of scenarios where I would lose in the late game after doing really well in the early-mid game and it feels like those scenarios were being replicated for this season. I realized that I was still lacking a lot for SC2.

It felt like you replicated your BW concept for today's match.

I knew that I was scheduled to play on Caldeum but I had no idea that the kind of match I just played today would occur. I wanted to put on pressure early on with a ten pool and then transition to infestors but my opponent didn't go for a fast expansion build so I got flustered. But I responded correctly to the given situation and I think the end results was good.

This season's goals?

Grabbing about four victories per each round is my goal. But in order to achieve that I still have to improve. Head coach January and coach Joo believe in me a lot. I want to show them that I can win from here on out whenever they send me.

You were seen laughing. Who were you thinking about?

I thought about coach Joo first. When I was on a losing streak I felt like coach Joo was really disappointed in me because I wasn't performing properly, making a lot of mistakes, and losing games where I could have won. He was always besides me, giving me his blessings, and if I was starting to fall apart, he was there to catch the pieces.

Wasn't being sent out as the ace player burdensome?

I told myself that ending my losing streak was the first thing I needed to get done. I felt like if I successfully ended my losing streak and started riding a momentum, the team would be able to ride along with me. I can't help but feel like the team would be somewhere around the middle instead of dead last had I just secured a 50% win ratio. Which is why I told myself that everything will be fine as long as I can just win. I felt that I should pick myself up rather than keep feeling down about the fact that I was under performing for the team.

Do you have the confidence to start a winning streak?

I am the type of person who goes on a winning streak if I was on a losing streak before. I feel like that pattern is very clear. Since I ended such a long losing streak, I think it's time for me to go on a really long winning streak. If I can ride a momentum then I can start looking scary to other players.

Anything else you would like to say?

My grandmother and my little sister worried a lot for me because it was looking like I wasn't handling the transition to SC2 very well. But I think I was able to lessen that worry with my victory today. Lastly, I want to sincerely express my gratitude to head coach January and coach Joo for sending me out when it matters.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
January 13 2013 06:53 GMT
#2
Dude, Shine's grandmother watches him play/llooks at results at least.

I so jelly xD
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Albinoswordfish
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States108 Posts
January 13 2013 06:57 GMT
#3
I like this interview, Shine gives answers that really show more emotion of what's going on behind the scenes.
n2o
Profile Joined April 2012
55 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 07:18:42
January 13 2013 07:11 GMT
#4
Khan jacket is looking so good...

edit: spelling
whevan
Profile Joined May 2012
United States3 Posts
January 13 2013 07:14 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
January 13 2013 07:15 GMT
#6
On January 13 2013 15:53 GTPGlitch wrote:
Dude, Shine's grandmother watches him play/llooks at results at least.

I so jelly xD

I bet she's a Bisu fan.

Thanks for the translation, I did want to hear from Shine.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Brobe
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States75 Posts
January 13 2013 07:17 GMT
#7
It's wins like these that make me smile at the name Coach Trolluary.
[Protoss: Jangbi/Movie] [Zerg: Calm] [Terran: FBH/Reality] In honor of KT Violet
GulpyBlinkeyes
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1449 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 07:38:26
January 13 2013 07:37 GMT
#8
Very happy that Khan was able to pick up the win, and I hope this really is the beginning of a streak for Shine. Khan could definitely use more consistent players, though Shine's always-hydra-bust-to-victory strategy never made me the most confident in him during the BW days.

Edit: I forgot to say: Thank you very much for the translation, as always!
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
January 13 2013 07:38 GMT
#9
Thank you for the translation.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 13 2013 08:04 GMT
#10
On January 13 2013 15:48 Seeker wrote:
Anything else you would like to say?

My grandmother and my little sister worried a lot for me because it was looking like I wasn't handling the transition to SC2 very well. But I think I was able to lessen that worry with my victory today. Lastly, I want to sincerely express my gratitude to head coach January and coach Joo for sending me out when it matters.

ah that's pretty sweet

Thanks for the translation!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
January 13 2013 08:06 GMT
#11
thanks seeker
<3
moo...for DRG
illidanx
Profile Joined November 2011
United States973 Posts
January 13 2013 08:50 GMT
#12
thank you seeker.
Die-hard KeSPA fan
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
January 13 2013 17:45 GMT
#13
Yessss, thank you Seeker!

Even though I'm rooting for EGTL, Khan is the second team I want to win

Are all Kespa players so humble?
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 13 2013 17:51 GMT
#14
Thanks Seeker!
You do such good work for the community
Moderatorlickypiddy
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
January 13 2013 18:02 GMT
#15
"Overall, it was skill. I started remembering my form from the BW days. I had a lot of scenarios where I would lose in the late game after doing really well in the early-mid game"

Shine admits to being a dirty cheeser
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1190
ComeBackTV 651
TaKeTV 469
SteadfastSC458
LamboSC2446
IndyStarCraft 174
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 60
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 458
LamboSC2 446
mouzHeroMarine 271
ProTech178
IndyStarCraft 174
Rex 120
UpATreeSC 76
BRAT_OK 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33167
Shuttle 1780
EffOrt 931
Light 615
Mini 561
Soma 465
Rush 350
firebathero 291
Snow 191
ZerO 174
[ Show more ]
hero 102
Sea.KH 53
sorry 51
Killer 51
Liquid`Ret 47
ToSsGirL 30
Mong 30
Sexy 22
Bale 21
soO 19
Shine 19
Trap 18
Free 16
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8653
qojqva1313
Dendi941
420jenkins141
Counter-Strike
fl0m1399
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2027
crisheroes1249
XaKoH 195
MindelVK13
Other Games
singsing1823
B2W.Neo1018
Beastyqt381
Hui .194
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe140
QueenE104
Mew2King68
Trikslyr62
FrodaN46
Dewaltoss45
ToD35
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3164
• TFBlade1188
Other Games
• Shiphtur256
• WagamamaTV219
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 38m
Stellar Fest
20h 38m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.