• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:53
CEST 17:53
KST 00:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7682 users

[Interview] SPL Team 8 vs KHAN Round 1 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-24 14:59:39
December 24 2012 11:36 GMT
#1
(T)Team 8_BaBy

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning?

I was really nervous since I hadn't been sent out as the ace in a while. I was worried as to whether or not I could defeat him but I was able to predict my opponent's build order well and I think that's why I was able to win.

You must have realized that you were about to win after you blocked Shine's all in attack.

I heard that he had even prepared to grab mutas after his roaches. But Shine hyung made the mistake of building his spire too late so I was able to block it easily.

A lot of people feel that Jaedong and Sea leaving means that Team 8 has lost a lot of strength.

A lot of people are predicting Team 8 to come in dead last. But we really don't feel like we're that weak of a team. Players like Speed and Ryul2, who were on the B team roster, never once failed to stay on par with the A team players so I am not really all that worried. But I am rather upset over the fact that two hyungs I really liked ended up leaving the team.

Do you feel any pressure behind the fact that you have to occupy the ace role for this season?

After I work really hard this season and secure a top ace spot I am going to show some great results from my side. Currently, aside from me and Jaehoon hyung, most of our teammates are rookies. I'm sure that they will get really nervous for televised matches. So I think it's going to important that Jaehoon hyung and I do well since we are the ones with experience.

Why do you think you lost your match against Reality?

There are a lot of scenarios where your build orders get crossed over with each other during TvTs. My build order was drastically crossed over with Reality hyung's build order. I was already at a hopeless situation when my reaper strategy got blocked. But since it was a build order loss on my part, I didn't really pay too much attention to that loss. I just told myself that everything would be fine as long as I won the ace match.

Any player that really shined today?

Definitely Speed. He is great during our practices but I've seen him get nervous for televised matches. I am sure that he was nervous because we were down 2-3 when his turn came up. But even considering the fact that we were down score wise, he put on a great performance and made a comeback so I told myself that I should at least win the ace match for his sake.

How do you feel about the new maps for this season?

Compared to other players, I am really good at adapting to new maps. I think I'm going to be able to have a good record this season since I have a lot of build prepared.

사전 예고제가 부활했다.? (is this BaBy's nickname or something?)

I am comfy since I only have to prepare for one race match up. As long as I am able to fully prepare beforehand, I can win no matter who my opponent is.

This season's goals?

I want to grab about forty victories. My best record for Proleague was thirty five victories. My goal has always been to grab forty wins but the Proleague seasons are too short that I was never able to achieve this feat. But since we have six rounds this season, I want to grab forty victories no matter what.

It seems like you've matured a lot in just a season.

I am twenty years old now and enjoy taking care of myself these days. In the past, I didn't even use to buy clothes. Nowadays I do a lot of clothes shopping (laughs).

Anything else you would like to say?

We were dubbed the worst team before the season even began. But we don't think so and I think we were able to somewhat prove that with our performance today. We are going to work hard so that we can get rid of this notion people have that we're the weakest team. Everyone at Team 8 still considers Jaedong hyung a part of the team so we are rooting for him even though he transferred to EG. We hope he does well with EG.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
December 24 2012 11:45 GMT
#2
BaBy~
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 24 2012 11:46 GMT
#3
A lot of people are predicting Team 8 to come in dead last.

poor khan haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
December 24 2012 12:01 GMT
#4
BaBy is a boss! Thanks for these interviews.
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
December 24 2012 12:15 GMT
#5
Amazing. Thank you! Kinda wish Jaedong and Sea never left.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 61
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30594
Bisu 2607
Shuttle 1684
Hyuk 1032
EffOrt 803
Mini 763
Larva 404
Soma 382
firebathero 230
ZerO 230
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 59
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Mong 42
PianO 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
ToSsGirL 30
Killer 26
zelot 17
Rock 15
JulyZerg 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1648
Dendi951
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1429
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt648
Mlord359
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee182
Liquid`VortiX162
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King77
Trikslyr18
ZerO(Twitch)15
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 68
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
7m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 7m
INu's Battles
20h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.