• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:18
CEST 06:18
KST 13:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11177 users

[Interview] GSTL ST vs. FXO 2012 S3 Semi-Finals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 12:43:55
November 24 2012 12:36 GMT
#1
(Z)FXO_Lucky
(Z)FXO_Leenock
(T)FXO_GuMiho

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Please tell us what you think about reaching the GSTL finals twice in a row.

GuMiho: I'm incredibly happy right now, but the practice was difficult.

Lucky: Because StarTale is such a good team, we had a very hard time during practice. Today's matches went well for us.

Leenock: We were last season's victors, so I had the feeling that we would make it to the finals again. Things proceeded as I thought they would.

You were sent out as the vanguard for your team. How did you prepare once you found out that you were going to face Life, the Royal Roader?

GuMiho: Life isn't a player whom I could defeat using special strategies, so I mainly worked on my fundamentals on ladder, planning to win through my multitasking. As I lost a lot of practice games, I lost my confidence, but I learned how to use Tactical Nukes to inflict massive damage to my opponent. Before, I had only used them to divert the other player's attention.

After defeating Life, you beat PartinG, the BWC champion. Did you see this coming?

GuMiho: I felt that I would win. I had even prepared against Protoss on Entombed Valley, so I had confidence that I could win a TvP on Daybreak.

After taking out two champions, you were defeated by Curious, the Code S Reader. Why do you think that you lost?

GuMiho: I think it's because I'm Code A (laughs). Since Lucky managed to beat Curious, I think that he will reach Code S.

You were FXO's fourth pick in a situation where your team was losing 2-3. Were you scheduled to be sent out at that time?

Lucky: I was set to be entered towards the end of the match from the start. To be honest, I thought that Tear would win against Curious. But I've grown a lot by practicing with Leenock by my side, so I felt that I would beat Curious with my improved ZvZ.

You also won against Bomber. You must have prepared for Bomber to some extent beforehand.

Lucky: I made preparations for every possible matchup. I was prepared to face Bomber because I had anticipated that Tear would defeat Curious but lose to him. I had been planning to select Grand Lagoon as my map, but Bomber even chose it for me. Everything fell into place, allowing me to win easily.

You dropped the eighth set to Squirtle at the end of a huge battle. It seems that you had prepared for Mothership play.

Lucky: When I practiced ZvP, I saw that Protosses usually made use of Mass Recall strategies with the Mothership after transitioning to air units. I messed up and lost because I was thinking too hard while my opponent went for simple Void Ray-Carrier.

There were no doubts that you would be sent as the ace. How did you feel as you watched the previous games from the sidelines?

Leenock: When Curious came out, I had thought that he would lose to asd after beating GuMiho. When the score was tied 4-4 thanks to Lucky's work, I felt so relieved.

How did you feel when you watched Squirtle defeat Lucky through an air battle?

Leenock: I had believed at first that Squirtle would use an all-in strategy against Lucky, especially since he prefers such play on [Whirlwind]. I felt that he would simply choose to go all-in against me, too. Nowadays, I feel assured as long as I don't have to play against Zerg. It's difficult to win ZvZ because of the many variables involved, but I'm confident in my non-mirror matchups in comparison, so I thought I could manage one kill.

Had you prepared your Overlord drop strategy against Squirtle in advance?

Leenock: I had first thought that an all-in would come, but as I kept playing, I saw that Squirtle was playing as he did against Lucky. I felt that he would be unable to block a drop, so I improvised in order to break through him.

When did you feel certain that you would take the victory?

Leenock: I wasn't yet sure that I would win when I performed my drop, but I became certain once I destroyed the Nexus at his natural.

Your opponent in the finals is MVP. Are you confident?

Leenock: To be honest, I think that we can win easily as long as we can take out DongRaeGu and Sniper.

Lucky: I had felt nervous during practice, but I think that MVP's Zergs will be more difficult than their other races. As long it's possible to beat DRG and Sniper in ZvZs as Leenock told me, I think we can take the championship.

GuMiho: I think we'll have to be wary of TAiLS's surprises, but I otherwise feel the same. As long as we can prepare thoroughly against Zerg, I think it'll be enough.

After winning the first GSTL semifinal match yesterday, MVP stated that they wanted to play against FXO instead of StarTale because it would be easier.

GuMiho: We think that MVP is also easier than StarTale. StarTale was our greatest worry.

Lucky: Since the start of the team league, we felt that StarTale would be the most difficult team to face. After winning, I feel confident that we can win against MVP.

Leenock: I think that they're not only easier to beat than StarTale but also easier than TSL. Saying that they want to face a team of winners are fighting words, and we will show them the magnificence of champions.

Please tell us about your determination to win the finals and anything more you would like to say.

GuMiho: In the individual leagues, I kept failing to seize opportunities that were right in front of me, so I'll work hard to make sure that we win in the team leagues.

Lucky: StarTale was our toughest opponent, so I hope that our team becomes more determined with today's victory. Tear and asd are good players, so I hope that they don't become discouraged and that they find confidence in themselves. I want us to work hard together in order to win.

Leenock: I want us to win the GSTL twice in a row, so I would like my teammates to give it their all. I would to send my thanks to my team's sponsors, FXO, Razer, and Twitch.tv. Also, I've gotten my round-trip plane ticket reserved for my trip to Las Vegas. I want to tell the people who have taken care of me that I'm really grateful to them and that I love them. Finally, I want to thank the fans who have always cheered for me.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
November 24 2012 12:42 GMT
#2
Is this the first time there are 3 people getting interviewed? Cheers for the translation.
리노크 👑
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
November 24 2012 12:50 GMT
#3
thanks for the trans! they look badass haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 12:51:20
November 24 2012 12:51 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
November 24 2012 12:51 GMT
#5
Wozzot stealing the FXO interview from SeeKeR, how cruel !
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Mlex
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada324 Posts
November 24 2012 12:55 GMT
#6
Wow, Lucky looks just like MC in that photo.
"Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber." | MVP: the Royal Roadblock, the King.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
November 24 2012 12:57 GMT
#7
TY Wozzat! =D

Also, best Q-A:

After taking out two champions, you were defeated by Curious, the Code S Reader. Why do you think that you lost?

GuMiho: I think it's because I'm Code A (laughs). Since Lucky managed to beat Curious, I think that he will reach Code S.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
November 24 2012 14:14 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation! Gogo FXO!!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 24 2012 14:22 GMT
#9
That picture is badass :o
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
November 24 2012 16:30 GMT
#10
Thanks for translation. Gumi impressed me today once again, the game against Life was awesome.
Get off my lawn, young punks
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 16:39:53
November 24 2012 16:39 GMT
#11
I fucking love Leenock.

Saying that they want to face a team of winners are fighting words, and we will show them the magnificence of champions.



Translation: Yo MVP. You're going down, bitches.


EDIT: Also, I love the jackets. I want one.
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
November 24 2012 16:50 GMT
#12
Damn so glad FXO won!
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
November 24 2012 16:56 GMT
#13
fxo!:D
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
November 24 2012 19:35 GMT
#14
Lol that picture. Thanks for the translation.

And lol yeah i thought Lucky was MC for a second too.
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
Torvaltz
Profile Joined August 2012
United States188 Posts
November 24 2012 19:44 GMT
#15
WHERE CAN I BUY ONE OF THOSE JACKETS????????? I NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!

Overjoyed that FXO won. I love those guys, and seeing them succeed is awesome. Gogo 2 time GSTL champions!
melee is sick
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
November 24 2012 20:57 GMT
#16
The magnificence of champions...

Thanks for translating, here comes 2 time champions.
Mariosatr
Profile Joined September 2012
294 Posts
November 24 2012 22:53 GMT
#17
That was a great victory, and I hope to see FXOpen win another GSTL!
A mind sharper than any blade.
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
November 24 2012 23:23 GMT
#18
GOD I LOVE LEENOCK AND GUMIHO!

What a picture. That is my new desktop background. I love Leenock calling them out. I hope FXO wins at GSTL finals, they really deserve it. You can tell how hard they work.
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
reikai
Profile Joined January 2011
United States359 Posts
November 24 2012 23:27 GMT
#19
StarTale lets me down again

FXO has some nice jackets.
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce. :T:
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
November 24 2012 23:34 GMT
#20
What a great interview. Or was it just the great translation?

Thx wozzot!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings120
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 254
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 354
hero 74
sorry 27
Bale 19
ZergMaN 11
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1071
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King184
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Berry_CruncH121
• practicex 25
• Letter145
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota273
League of Legends
• Rush1088
• Stunt222
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.