• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:43
CEST 11:43
KST 18:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7938 users

SeleCT retires from Starcraft II

Forum Index > SC2 General
600 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
dignitas.ToH1o
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria56 Posts
October 24 2012 12:12 GMT
#1
Today we are sad to announce that SeleCT has announced his retirement in Starcraft II and will instead move on to pursue other eSport interests. SeleCT is looking to move to DOTA 2 and also is willing to make appearances as a Starcraft II pundit and translator at events. SeleCT joined us just over two years ago and we have been delighted to work with him during that time, SeleCT is a model professional and we wish him luck with his new endeavours.


SeleCT had this to say regarding his situation;

I finished high school in USA, and I was waiting for my Greencard to go to college. However, I heard sc2 open beta is out and I tried it. When I first played sc2, I was so captured by the game. The game was so smooth and fast as a RTS game. The more I play, the more I fell into the game. It was something different to other RTS games. That’s how I started sc2 competitively.

I have won quite a lot of online tournaments, and got great result on offline tournaments. When all the people cheer for you and scream your name when you are at the stage, the feeling could not be explained by word. I gained big motivation from it and it was what made me keep trying hard.

Recently, I feel that I am too old to play RTS games anymore as you get slower as you get older. Also so many young people who are fast are trying harder than me and practicing very systematically in their team house in Korea. I feel that it is very hard for me to catch up without living and practicing in Korea. So I have decided to quit sc2 and move on to some other.

I am only quitting sc2, which means I am not retiring as a gamer  I love my life being a pro-gamer. I am actually thinking to switch back to Dota. I actually played Dota competitively before I start sc2. Back in dota 1, my team was one of the best NA team at some point. I am not sure how successful I will be as a dota player but I believe in myself.

I would like to do some pundit work and translating at events. I don’t know how awkward it will be but haha… don’t be so surprised hehe because I am such a handsome nerd that’s how you guys called me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Please keep the loves on me! I will pay you back with good and fun stuff and please cheer me up in dota 2 scene as well 

Always big thanks to team-dignitas. Always big love to my fans who cheers for me


Source: Team Dignitas

~ToH1o
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 24 2012 12:13 GMT
#2
Good luck in Dota 2 select! One of my favorite players from when I first started watching sc2
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Leru
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Romania257 Posts
October 24 2012 12:13 GMT
#3
Good call, I will be watching for him on Dota 2 ! Good luck there !
Less e$ports, more fun
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 24 2012 12:13 GMT
#4
Truly the end of an era.
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
October 24 2012 12:14 GMT
#5
And the dominoes keep falling..
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
MeroteK
Profile Joined July 2011
United States46 Posts
October 24 2012 12:14 GMT
#6
Sad times for Starcraft
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 24 2012 12:14 GMT
#7
Good luck in Dota 2 Select.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
October 24 2012 12:14 GMT
#8
Good luck in Dota2!
I regret not seeing that grudge match with Idra though...
Get off my lawn, young punks
karlkarl
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany33 Posts
October 24 2012 12:15 GMT
#9
Nooo select, one of my favorite players, sad to see him go but good luck in your future life!
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
October 24 2012 12:15 GMT
#10
My fondest memory of SeleCT is him absolutely fucking demolishing Alicia in Code A in what to this day is still one of the most one sided foreigner vs Korean beatdowns of all time.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#11
GL you handsome nerd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#12
Best of luck in your Dota career Select. Please don't stop being awesome on twitter!
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#13
Who will 2rax now ?
MushroomCult
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden35 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#14
gl select! wish you luck in dota
Dum spiro, spero
Eire_91
Profile Joined December 2011
Ireland82 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#15
Good luck Select!!
"Quick mudelisps er good bicuz deyre like lots of early whirlybirds" - Axslav 2013
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#16
Select was the first SC2 terran I enjoyed watching. He will be missed.
Jehct
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
New Zealand9115 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#17
glhf, i expect great things from you in dota2 sir

please stream your dota2 play btw, pretty silly going on sneykings stream and being like "wtf select?" instead of just watching you
"You seem to think about this game a lot"
SemperSC
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada117 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#18
On October 24 2012 21:13 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Good luck in Dota 2 select! One of my favorite players from when I first started watching sc2


Same here. I remember when my friend introduced me to Sc2 he told me SeleCT is the best player in the world.
i.of.the.storm
Profile Joined April 2009
United States795 Posts
October 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#19
Sad to see you go but I guess you won't be going very far :-\. Good luck wherever life takes you.
Maru - The Terran hope is alive!
reDicE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1020 Posts
October 24 2012 12:17 GMT
#20
I was sad when I read the title, but then I was pretty happy when I read the part about switching to Dota 2.

Can't wait to see how well he does. I wonder what role he will play.
1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko36
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1173
actioN 1169
Shuttle 746
Jaedong 509
Mong 370
Hyuk 348
BeSt 338
Hyun 258
Soma 209
Horang2 204
[ Show more ]
Stork 141
Larva 106
PianO 92
Sexy 86
Bisu 69
Rush 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
910 55
Shinee 34
ZerO 30
Bale 27
sSak 25
ZergMaN 24
Hm[arnc] 23
hero 21
Sharp 21
HiyA 17
sorry 17
Yoon 15
Noble 12
Pusan 10
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe86
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1172
shoxiejesuss985
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King306
Other Games
gofns38367
summit1g7507
singsing999
ceh9593
KnowMe139
Pyrionflax133
Livibee57
DeMusliM55
Trikslyr27
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1054
• Stunt339
Other Games
• Shiphtur385
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 18m
Patches Events
6h 18m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.