• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:31
CEST 03:31
KST 10:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9347 users

[Interview] WCS Asia Winner and Runner-up

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6332 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-15 18:54:49
October 15 2012 17:57 GMT
#1
T/N: These two interviews were done with help from a translator, I think he is decent and knows the game a lot but there might actually be misinterprets, especially the PartinG one, some stuff he said sound indeed fishy to me. But I'm just gonna put it here since I have no way to confirm what exactly they were saying.


[image loading]
(P)SKT1_Rain
Source: s.163.com
+ Show Spoiler +
Is this your first major individual title? What does this title mean to your career?
Yes, this is my first champion after I switch to SC2, I will remember this tournament all along in my heart.
But I will still stay low since more tournaments will come, I need to prepare better for them.

You defeated both F91 and Toodming 2-0.
Initially I was worried about those 2 players, because I didn't play against them before. But after the first game I realized they are still no match for a Korean player, so I just take it easy and win.

What separates the non-Koreans and the Koreans?
I think maybe the non-Koreans take Starcraft more like a hobby, so they don't practice that much? In Korea progamers practice all day long except for rest and eating.
And we have a more established structure, we have most professional players and tournaments, so eventually we are ahead.

Your goal for BWC? Which players will you take an eye on most?
Stephano and Scarlett. I haven't seen their games yet but I heard they are very strong. My goal for BWC is do my best to reach RO4.

In an interview before WCS Asia you said your weakest matchup is PvZ, and the 2 players you worry most are both Zergs.
I'm not good at playing against Zerg yet, need more preparation and new strategy. But comparing to foreigners I think Koreans are bigger threats.

Why don't you laugh a lot? Even after you won the championship.
(laugh) I'm actually very very happy. But I have to put myself into full force, and concentrate all my body and soul, so even the game is over I can't get back easily.

Your two ids, Sun and Rain are opposite in meanings.
I stopped using Sun already, Rain is my main id now.

A lot of people are talking about you being new Protoss President after MC, and you said you need a title to prove yourself.
I think even now I'm still behind him. The OSL finals are coming up next, if MC beats DRG, and I beat him in the finals, I think I'll be even with him.

Will your salary get raised?
(laugh) I just renewed my contract and set a new salary, so...

Anything more before we're done?
WCS Asia is my first champion title, I hope I can give better and better performances for my fans, thank you all.


[image loading]
(P)Startale_PartinG
Source: s.163.com
+ Show Spoiler +
How do you feel about your performance this time?
Actually I'm surprised to get a 2nd place.
After seeing the bracket I know it will be hard, so my goal was getting into Top 6. But I kept willing so I aimed higher, sadly I lost to Rain.

You are known as a PvT specialist, but you played a lot of PvPs.
People say I'm a Terran killer, but I think my PvZ and PvP are equally good, I don't feel differences for the lack of Terrans.

You played three highly intense PvPs before the finals. Feeling tired in the final?
I didn't sleep more than three hours everyday since I came to China, I'm not so used to the environment yet. And the games are really really tough, at the last moments I'm really sleepy, so I went to wash my face and continue playing.

You did things like manner nexus a lot this time.
I'm actually an gentle person in real life. In winner's bracket I made some silly mistakes and lost, so my temper caught up then.

There are only four Terrans in BWC as well.
I normally don't prepare a lot for foreign tournaments. As long as I handle the Koreans, the foreigners shouldn't be a problem.

This is the nineth runner-up title for Startale this year (laugh).
(sigh) I feel sorry for my team, every time we say we wanna break the kong curse, but again...
GSL finals is next, our Life will play against Mvp, probably another 2nd place, and it's ten...

How is Life doing now?
Life is so so good now, he is so young and confident. But in team practice I can get head on with him five by five.

Startale is performing well after absorbing ZeNEX.
Our Zergs didn't play well before, but after ZeNEX is in we have a strong Zerg lineup, so our results are significantly better.

You defeated teammate Curious twice.
Well we are good friends and we trash talk a lot every time we meet each other, so I just think "I have to work harder to take him down"(laugh).

Squirtle came to Shanghai as well but his recent slump continues.
He is not in good shape recently, but he can play well in practicing, it's when he is on stage that the problems come. We progamers will eventually meet slumps, but he can't play his best in real matches really concerns me.

Startale will play LG-IM in GSTL next Saturday.
Startale weighs team leagues above everything. And we are historically superior against LG-IM.
If we are in normal shape it will be 5-3 and if we are on fire, expect a 5-1.

Say something to your Chinese fans as we're close to finishing the interview.
One of my friends told me China is a really good country with beautiful cities and delicious food. But I didn't feel China is that good until I'm on this land, I realize my friend is right, China is so great I hope I can play more tournaments in China.
Thanks very much to all the Chinese fans supporting me, (Chinese)我爱你们 (I love you all)!
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
October 15 2012 18:03 GMT
#2
Lol Parting doesnt have that much confidence in Life :D
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
mongmong
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)1389 Posts
October 15 2012 18:09 GMT
#3
I normally don't prepare a lot for foreign tournaments. As long as I handle the Koreans, the foreigners shouldn't be a problem.




oh.... man........

Parting! people are now going to say youre disrespectful!!!!
어헣 ↗ 어헣 ↗
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
October 15 2012 18:11 GMT
#4
Parting so hopeful for Life. Not. hahah
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 15 2012 18:12 GMT
#5
This is the nineth runner-up title for Startale this year (laugh).
(sigh) I feel sorry for my team, every time we say we wanna break the kong curse, but again...
GSL finals is next, our Life will play against Mvp, probably another 2nd place, and it's ten...


Haha Parting not buying into the Life hype.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
October 15 2012 18:14 GMT
#6
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=375403

????
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
October 15 2012 18:16 GMT
#7
This translation sound fishy to me.
And the Rain one is nothing similar to what wozzot translated in the other thread. :/
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-15 18:19:56
October 15 2012 18:17 GMT
#8
On October 16 2012 03:14 SeeKeR wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=375403

????

Different interviews, this is a Chinese site interviewing parting and sun.
Glorious SEA doto
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
October 15 2012 18:18 GMT
#9
Parting total boss as usual.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 15 2012 18:18 GMT
#10
On October 16 2012 03:09 mongmong wrote:
I normally don't prepare a lot for foreign tournaments. As long as I handle the Koreans, the foreigners shouldn't be a problem.




oh.... man........

Parting! people are now going to say youre disrespectful!!!!

I'm pretty sure being respectful has been one of parting's lowest priorities :p.
Glorious SEA doto
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-15 18:23:47
October 15 2012 18:21 GMT
#11
Startale Forever Kong T_T

Didn't think the curse was that bad...

Edit: I mean it started with GSL Open Season 1...The only times its been broken are when Aphrodite goes to a female tournament that Scarlett's not in, or Bomber's Code A and MLG championship
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 15 2012 18:23 GMT
#12
At least Rain got a new pay raise ^_^
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6332 Posts
October 15 2012 18:55 GMT
#13
These two interviews were done with help from a translator, I think he is decent and knows the game a lot but there might actually be misinterprets, especially the PartinG one, some stuff he said sound indeed fishy to me. But I'm just gonna put it here since I have no way to confirm what exactly they were saying.
And I'll put these in the OP.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 510
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ViBE169
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.