• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9155 users

[Interview] OSL Ro8 D1 Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 17:41:57
September 25 2012 17:00 GMT
#1
(P)SK Telecom T1_By.Rain

[image loading]
NOTE: It pisses me off that TIG always seems to recycle the same pic :/

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it to your first ever OSL Ro4?

I am so glad that I've been able to make it to the Ro4 for my very first OSL. I think I'm going to have prepare more and more from here on out.

Why do you say this?

Honestly, I focused more on my build orders rather than practice today. I picked my build orders as I was there at the studio. But since I have a Terran opponent coming up next, I will have to prepare more tightly for that.

You are considered to be the best SC2 KeSPA player.

I'm really not pretending to be humble here. I don't understand why I keep winning my games even though my skills are still lacking. I feel like people are going to figure me out sooner or later so I am afraid of that. Skill wise, I'm still not the best.

It seemed like PartinG was trying things out in his games against you.

I wasn't really planning on playing defensive as I tried to block all his attacks. Which is why I used a phoenix play style twice. Instead of trying to just block my opponent's attacks, I just went along with what I saw was coming. I think that kind of play worked well for me.

In game one, after scouting him with your phoenix, you immediately blocked your entrance with a pylon.

I saw PartinG use that exact same build order on that map against Seed before. So I expected DTs the minute I saw his gateways.

In game two, it seemed like you were chasing PartinG.

I faced a bit of a disadvantage after I sent my stalkers out. That's why I was in a really bad situation. But PvPs are all about waiting till 200/200 so I decided to wait it out. PartinG attacked me first so I was able to win the battle and the game.

Were you affected at all after your loss in game three?

I really had no idea he would do a build order like that. Personally, I was impressed by his ballsiness. And after seeing today's games, I noticed that PartinG doesn't really scout well. So I decided to go for a four gate for game four.

For the 2012 GSL Season 4 Code S, you've made it to the Ro8.

Since I made it to the Ro4 for the OSL, I know that one more victory in the GSL means that I'll be in two Ro4s. But as of right now, I don't really feel the pressure from worrying over results. In my BW days, I would feel so pressured because I would worry about the results. That's why these days, I just tell myself to enjoy myself and that seems to be working splendidly.

How much do you practice these days?

I don't necessarily practice a ton but I don't practice a little either. I guess I could say that all I do is eat and play games? (laughs)

It seems like the KeSPA players have caught up to the GSL players by a heavy margin.

I think KeSPA players have finally become equalized with GSL players. We know the build orders and we understand the game now. But I think we still have some details we need to work out. This applies to me as well. Since SC2 is so versatile, the player who practices the most always seems to win.

Your Ro4 opponent will be either Flash or Last.

If I want to make it easily to the finals, Last should come up (laughs). This is my honest feeling. Flash has a ton of experience and his skills these days are top notch. But I wouldn't mind facing Flash in the end. They're both Terran, so I have confidence.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the fans for cheering today. I said that I would make it to the Ro4 during the group nominations and I am so glad that this came true. I only need to win against one more player to make it to the finals so I promise that I will win at least one more time.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
September 25 2012 17:02 GMT
#2
Awesome! i always like to read interviews!
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
September 25 2012 17:03 GMT
#3
Unbelievable this guy. Royal road inc!
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
September 25 2012 17:04 GMT
#4
Thanks for translating! I kind of want him to be a royal roader in dual leagues. Wouldn't that be something
connoisseur
EvilDet
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany130 Posts
September 25 2012 17:07 GMT
#5
If Flash wins tomorrow, I don't know who to cheer for in the RO4 T_T
Thanks for the translation!
Gatsbizzle
Profile Joined March 2010
United States132 Posts
September 25 2012 17:07 GMT
#6
I can only hope he walks the Royal Road to OSL gold. Yeah Sun! Thanks for the translation, Seeker.
I joined TeamLiquid for TSL2 but I stayed for Nada's Body.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
September 25 2012 17:08 GMT
#7
lol if he wins both osl and gsl people would go mad.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
September 25 2012 17:10 GMT
#8
Rain seems like a good guy.
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
September 25 2012 17:24 GMT
#9
This guy is like a big ELEPHANT. holy f. he keeps stomping everyone.
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
September 25 2012 17:25 GMT
#10
The thought of an SKT player winning both leagues..:OOO...that'd be insane
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
September 25 2012 17:27 GMT
#11
Royal road in GSL and OSL incoming?
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 25 2012 17:31 GMT
#12
This man is killing it left and right! I dunno who I want to win more.. Flash or Sun.

Dual championships incoming (dam i miss the MSL)
Jaedong.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
September 25 2012 17:31 GMT
#13
sun will win osl and gsl this season. he handles himself so well and his mindset is really amazing, reminds me of flash when he started beating everyone.
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
legoboomette
Profile Joined December 2011
England165 Posts
September 25 2012 17:31 GMT
#14
"PvPs are all about waiting till 200/200" Wow, who ever thought we'd hear that in SC2
Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!
Kryt0s
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany209 Posts
September 25 2012 17:38 GMT
#15
Sun so modest.
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
September 25 2012 17:38 GMT
#16
On September 26 2012 02:31 legoboomette wrote:
"PvPs are all about waiting till 200/200" Wow, who ever thought we'd hear that in SC2


Some one tell that to Seed lol
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
September 25 2012 18:29 GMT
#17
On September 26 2012 02:31 disciple wrote:
sun will win osl and gsl this season. he handles himself so well and his mindset is really amazing, reminds me of flash when he started beating everyone.


I feel the same. Each season, I always have a player I expect to win GSL by the Ro8. I picked Rain this time. For the OSL, I felt less confident because he had to face PartinG, who, even though he has a mediocre PvP win rate, is a player I really respect. But after this victory, I'm feeling Rain will win OSL.
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
September 25 2012 18:56 GMT
#18
Sun is a very smart player. He's impressing me quite a bit.

PvP Rules:
+ Show Spoiler +
1. Reach 200 pop.
2. Do you have stalkers in your army? Kill them.
3. Replace with archons.
4. Win.
Administrator
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
September 25 2012 18:58 GMT
#19
Toss elephant is coming TT
thanks for the interview, Rain is really confident somehow
@taefoxy
Nerfed
Profile Joined May 2010
Russian Federation1132 Posts
September 25 2012 19:00 GMT
#20
By.Sun just have to crush Flash/Last in Ro4 since SKT wasn't even in the finals of Prolegue - to even things up, you know.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1097
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47720
Shuttle 8924
FanTaSy 1606
Hyuk 651
Horang2 480
BeSt 394
Pusan 250
EffOrt 227
Last 165
Soma 136
[ Show more ]
Zeus 121
Mind 108
hero 77
Hyun 72
Sea.KH 66
Killer 65
ggaemo 63
Snow 56
Sexy 46
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 31
Aegong 29
Bale 26
NaDa 18
JYJ 18
zelot 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Rock 8
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 4
Dota 2
qojqva1654
Gorgc1463
Dendi1046
XcaliburYe319
Counter-Strike
fl0m2584
x6flipin480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Khaldor363
Other Games
gofns39424
B2W.Neo1096
byalli553
Beastyqt382
Mlord194
Hui .179
Livibee174
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2452
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.