• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10107 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group G 2012 GSL Season 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 21:25:36
September 12 2012 15:47 GMT
#1
As it has now been 2 weeks since I made this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364720, I will now make this the last week. Seeing as how no admins/MiR are responding, I'm just going to conclude that they are far too busy right now. I think the best thing to do would be to create a thread exclusively for SC2 interviews and see if it can get stickied. Thank you guys for all your feedback and comments!



(Z)StarTale_ (I'm not cocky) Life

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it to the Ro16 during your first Code S?

I fell good. I already thought I would advance as first in my group but the winners' match was pretty difficult.

This was your first match against NesTea. Did you have confidence after seeing your group?

I had confidence in ZvZs so I thought this was very doable. And the end result was what I said would happen in my previous interview, I beat NesTea (laughs).

Regarding your ZvZs, your harassing skills in the early games are phenomenal.

In ZvZs, if you poke at them early you normally grab a nice advantage. Opponent players can't really block it well. That's why I prepared specific builds to poke early with zerglings. I think the reason they can't block it well is because of the uncertain zergling speed upgrade timing.

During the winners' match, you even showed some late game plays.

I think my late games have gotten better these days thanks to the ST Protoss teammates practicing with me.

Did you expect to meet JYP in the winners' match?

Truth be told, JYP hyung said that he was confident in his PvTs but I didn't believe him. That's why I expected to meet SuperNova in the winners' match.

What are your goals now that you've made it to the Ro16?

The finals is my goal. If I just have a bit of luck, it's going to be perfectly possible for me to make it to the finals.

Is there a specific player you would like in your Ro16 group?

I want to face Mvp. Everyone says that he is a great player but I have never faced him before. I've never even faced him on ladder so I really want to face him in this Ro16.

People say that they love Life's provoking and cockiness.

I just like to emit confidence so it's not really cockiness. But it seems like the fans have pegged me as a cocky player since from a long ago. But I'm glad that they like my provoking.

Anything else you would like to say?

I'm thankful to my school for excusing me today so I could play today. I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice and the sponsors, Red Bull, ZOWIE, and Joy Gear.

(P)EG. (SuperNova who?) JYP

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

For the first time ever, you made it to the Ro16. How do you feel?

I had to win against Terrans twice during my Code A run and today, I once again had to beat a Terran twice. It's really amazing. I should have been able to produce this kind of result much earlier but I just don't seem to do well during my televised matches as much as I do during my practices. I decided to focus more on dissecting my opponents' style rather than practicing and I think I saw the effect from that.

Today must hold a lot of meaning for you since you made a statement regarding your PvTs.

I guess I could say at this point that my PvTs have finally been solidified. I still have areas where I can improve definitely, but it's no longer at the point where I get humiliated within the match up. Even if my matches aren't perfect, I've been winning more and more so I am overall satisfied.

Did you play a lot of PvTs in order to prepare for today's match up?

When I used to lose a lot in the past, it was because I would see my opponents' builds and get scared from them. If I see a fast gas I start thinking way too much and even my won build gets screwed up and then I would make bad decisions. So I would practice a lot with those kinds of scenarios and perfect them. And exactly that happened in today's match against SuperNova on Abyssal City. I think I've gotten much better at making decisions in a certain situation and I also stacked up valuable experiences.

You used a SNS to state that you have confidence in your PvTs.

While watching GSL yesterday, I saw that statement pop up on screen. It was a statement that I really liked since it stated that I had no problems with my PvTs so I uploaded it on a SNS. It also let people see my confidence. (SNS means Social Networking Service)

In the final match, you impressed us with your final moves twice.

This was something I had been contemplating for a while. But since I had lost so many times in the past, it was hard to establish a final move. I would use a strategy that I was confident with like one gate triple nex and then I would lose by using that strategy so using a final move was really hard. But I saw that SuperNova's concept today was to go for macro games so I made a decision and decided to use my final move.

But you still seem to be showing some inconsistencies in late game stages.

I saw the community's reactions to my plays and they labeled me as as a mountain breeze. I think they're saying something along the lines of a storm on the ground. It's true that I had a lot of difficult situations during today's late game stages. I used it because I also wanted to say something like "hey storm, don't just come here."

Did your PvZ weaken since you focused so heavily on PvT?

Against Life, I had to endure a two hatch play. It's a play that people don't seem to use these days so I had to think a lot about what to do. And eventually, over thinking it became my downfall. In game two, Life just played really well. I didn't necessarily play badly but Life just did better than me.

What are your goals for this season?

Right now I'm satisfied that I made it to the group nominations. I had been feeling a lot of stress lately but the stress lessens as I keep beating Terrans. I'm pretty sure Terran players are going to pick me during the group nominations but if I can make it to the Ro8 midst all that, I will make the finals my goal.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my parents, my fans, and my friend for always cheering for me. I tend to practice a bit lazily these days so my parents are concerned about that. I'm glad I made a good result like this today. I overcame my PvT crisis and I was already good at PvZs so I'm just going to do better from here on out. I also have a friend who's waiting for me right now so that he can go eat with me, so I want to thank him too. Lastly, I want to thank all the players who helped me with practice.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Avrion
Profile Joined June 2010
36 Posts
September 12 2012 15:51 GMT
#2
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
September 12 2012 15:51 GMT
#3
Lol Life has to get excused from school for all his tourneys.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 12 2012 15:52 GMT
#4
Life is still in school and he is this good already. lol
Ccx55
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden62 Posts
September 12 2012 15:53 GMT
#5
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.


Really..? Was that sarcasm? I can't see any similar characteristics, honestly.
Apocalypse: The Aftermath mod for SC2 - trailers available soon on youtube
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
September 12 2012 15:57 GMT
#6
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.

JYP is much more handsome
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
September 12 2012 15:59 GMT
#7
On September 13 2012 00:57 LeLfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.

JYP is much more handsome

whoa there
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
September 12 2012 16:01 GMT
#8
On September 13 2012 00:57 LeLfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.

JYP is much more handsome

Not for long, Life's still got puberty ahead of him.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 12 2012 16:01 GMT
#9
thanks seeker ily
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
September 12 2012 16:08 GMT
#10
On September 13 2012 00:57 LeLfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.

JYP is much more handsome


So BM
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 16:16:04
September 12 2012 16:15 GMT
#11
00ps, double post
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 16:16:15
September 12 2012 16:15 GMT
#12
On September 13 2012 00:27 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 00:15 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 00:12 MCDayC wrote:
Is anyone gonna translate the interviews for today, or is nobody available today?


I'd PM Seeker and offer some esports dollars or something.

I really want to see JYP's interview too.

I lost all my esports pounds gambling on Mana to go through his group ;(
But either way I wouldn't PM Sekker asking him to do extra work, if he gets to it then he'll get to it.


you got to it ^_^ thanks
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
September 12 2012 16:18 GMT
#13
Someone don't remember what hapenned to Parting when he asked to play Mvp.

I truly hope he gets what he wants and get demolished by Mvp :D
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 12 2012 16:21 GMT
#14
On September 13 2012 01:15 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 00:27 MCDayC wrote:
On September 13 2012 00:15 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 00:12 MCDayC wrote:
Is anyone gonna translate the interviews for today, or is nobody available today?


I'd PM Seeker and offer some esports dollars or something.

I really want to see JYP's interview too.

I lost all my esports pounds gambling on Mana to go through his group ;(
But either way I wouldn't PM Sekker asking him to do extra work, if he gets to it then he'll get to it.


you got to it ^_^ thanks

Who the hell is Sekker?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
September 12 2012 16:22 GMT
#15
On September 13 2012 00:51 Avrion wrote:
Life and JYP brothers? They look way too similar.


Because they're both Korean? They don't look anything alike really.
Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
spbelky
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States623 Posts
September 12 2012 16:30 GMT
#16
How do I always come here at the small window where only one interview is up...
I NEED MY JYP
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
September 12 2012 16:34 GMT
#17
Life fighting! I am so excited to see watch the VODs of him beating JYP and Nestea!
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
September 12 2012 16:36 GMT
#18
JYYYYYP!!!!!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
Michaels
Profile Joined August 2010
419 Posts
September 12 2012 16:39 GMT
#19
Are there any code A qual. interviews?
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
September 12 2012 16:41 GMT
#20
Let me translate that. "My paycheck is so high that i don't even need to practice" :D"

It's good to have JYP back on track.
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 243
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3341
Bisu 2007
Soulkey 1069
EffOrt 526
Larva 380
Mini 376
ZerO 205
Dewaltoss 187
hero 93
Mind 73
[ Show more ]
Sharp 68
sorry 63
Shinee 53
Barracks 40
Sea.KH 33
Bale 27
Trap 24
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 20
ToSsGirL 19
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1253
XaKoH 429
420jenkins412
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m4223
pashabiceps846
Fnx 663
x6flipin437
edward24
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu422
Other Games
Grubby2436
Liquid`RaSZi1591
FrodaN752
XBOCT263
Livibee187
TKL 123
C9.Mang0113
QueenE93
RotterdaM41
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3073
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur637
• WagamamaTV580
• imaqtpie361
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 20m
Patches Events
22h 20m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.