• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7151 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S4 CodeS RO32 Group B

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 16:09:20
September 04 2012 14:01 GMT
#1
Liquid'HerO

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

You are back in ro16 of Code S after two seasons. How do you feel?

I wasn't expecting to win the group. I didn't have much time after my Up and Down matches. I worried about not having enough time for practice and was very anxious. I'm relieved that today's games went okay overall. I'm feeling good.

You say you didn't expect to win the group?

I actually thought there was a chance I could be eliminated. I didn't practise enough. Still, I tried my best to be confident about my chances.

Your match against Ryung was very close. Was it hard on you?

Taking Set 1 so easily made me think that a 2:0 was in the bag. I dropped my guard in Set 2 on Ohana thinking that the game was mine and was pushed back as a result.

You showed play centred around Dark Templar in Set 3. How did you come to decide on that strategy?

Using Dark Templar means that I get to have an easy time macroing even if I don't do damage. It's a personal opinion. I wasn't trying to do massive amounts of damage from the start and was ready to settle for a few scans and scvs.

Did you feel threatened at any point against Symbol in Set 2?

As I saw the Broodlord and Infestor count go up, I realised I could still lose. I paid the utmost attention knowing it could come down to a single battle.

Have you recovered from your elimination from ro32 last season?

At the time, I was greatly shocked. However, that is no longer the case. I'm back in Code S and in ro16 so I think the fans that I disappointed will be okay now. I'm relieved that I was able to redeem myself even if a little bit.

Players who do well in Up and Downs tend to go on a roll

Taking down three KeSPA players in WCS despite being under a lot of pressure really helped me in Up and Downs. I showed good play in Up and Downs and I think this is a continuation of that in Code S.

You will undertake group nominations in ro16. What kind of group do you want?

I have improved my PvP greatly so I hope I don't get any Zergs. I hope it's a group full of Terrans and Protosses.

Do you think you can make ro4 this time?

As long as I remain confident, work hard and with a little bit of luck of course, I think I can make ro4 once again. All that aside though, I want to get to ro8 (laugh). Up and Downs and Code A are just so difficult. I think once I make ro8, I can start thinking about winning the whole tournament.

Anything to add?

I want to thank the sponsors: theLittleAppFactory, TwitchTV and Razer. I want to thank TLO and Jinro for coming to watch me tonight. I want to thank my parents who always care for me. I want to thank Taeja, DongRaeGu and Hello for helping me with practice. Last but not least, I am always thankful to my fans.


Source: ThisisGame

TSLSymbol

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

How does it feel to advance to ro16 of Code S two seasons in a row?

First and foremost, I feel great. I haven't had much to do for a while. During busier times, I never realised how much I should appreciate playing in matches. It's a great feeling.

Is it true you have been in a slump?

Initially, no. However, as I read about the reaction from the community, it made me think that I was. At any rate, it's true I took a step back in my games. I practised a lot during my break but I'm not happy with how I played today despite that.

Some say that Symbol has been figured out by many players

Well, of course. I don't vary my builds for ZvT and ZvP. My late game is diverse but I always start out the same. Keeping up that trend must have made me an easy target. That's why I reinforced my early game during my break.

Your loss against Reality in WCS qualifiers was a great shock to your fans

If am to be honest, I felt no sense of seriousness against KeSPA players. I knew that they were professional players the same as I but I became too arrogant. The loss was a long way coming. Since then, I have fixed my mindset.

You must have prepared extensively for today's matches

I tend to practise once I know my group so until then I did a lot of general practice. I didn't have much time but I started preparing early so it wasn't too bad.

The loss against Hero in the winner's match must have been painful

I've used Ultralisks against Protoss many times before but lately, I decided to never make another one again. Then, I fell to my old habits. I was making Ultralisks before I knew it.

Your ZvT looks strong as ever

I've always been confident about the match up but I had a hard time coming up with builds lately. Even for today, I gave up making up my own build and borrowed one from Hyun. He gave it up because of my being in Code S. I am so grateful. In the end though, I'm still confident about the match up in general.

Will you return to your old powerful self?

I think that'll be a bit difficult. ZvP is so hard these days. I fear Protosses on ladder. Maybe, once I figure out ZvP, I can do it.

GSTL is set to begin soon. We have high expectations for you

I've had so much free time that I can't wait for GSTL to start. I will work even harder than last season and be an even bigger force in the league.

Anything to add?

My ZvT build today came from Hyun. I am really grateful to him for allowing me to use the build. I want to thank Center and Punisher for practising with me. I want to thank the coach and Shine for coming along today. I promise that I will work harder to return to my old self so I ask that you give me lots of support.


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
September 04 2012 14:02 GMT
#2
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday
IM & EG supporter
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
September 04 2012 14:02 GMT
#3
On September 04 2012 23:02 AgentChaos wrote:
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday

hero's my favourite player
Translator
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
September 04 2012 14:02 GMT
#4
<3 you storywriter, good to have you back!
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
September 04 2012 14:03 GMT
#5
On September 04 2012 23:02 TheBamf wrote:
<3 you storywriter, good to have you back!

thanks, great to be back
Translator
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
September 04 2012 14:03 GMT
#6
On September 04 2012 23:02 storywriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 23:02 AgentChaos wrote:
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday

hero's my favourite player

you have im tag, and seed played and won his group yesterday -___________-"
IM & EG supporter
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
September 04 2012 14:04 GMT
#7
Who is Hello?
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
September 04 2012 14:04 GMT
#8
DRG and Taeja - about as good of practice partners you can have XD
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
September 04 2012 14:04 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation as usual
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
September 04 2012 14:05 GMT
#10
On September 04 2012 23:03 AgentChaos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 23:02 storywriter wrote:
On September 04 2012 23:02 AgentChaos wrote:
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday

hero's my favourite player

you have im tag, and seed played and won his group yesterday -___________-"

well, Seed's Seeker's favourite player I think so I was thinking he would do that one but he was busy, haha.

Also, IM's just so awesome so I can't help it. Liquid's an amazing team too.
Translator
Nahsom
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria361 Posts
September 04 2012 14:05 GMT
#11
Hero doesnt want any Zergs? LOL
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
September 04 2012 14:08 GMT
#12
Heros games were fricking great to watch today. For those that missed it, I'd strongly recommend checking them out with the free vod viewing 2nd anniversary as soon as they come out.
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
September 04 2012 14:10 GMT
#13
On September 04 2012 23:02 storywriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 23:02 AgentChaos wrote:
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday

hero's my favourite player


Fast translations and supremely good taste? <3

Oh my god HerO, if you actually get multiple Protoss players in your group you are going to give me a heart attack. Actually, that fate might be inescapable either way.
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 14:13:09
September 04 2012 14:11 GMT
#14
HerO with the best practice partners as usual.

On September 04 2012 23:05 Nahsom wrote:
Hero doesnt want any Zergs? LOL

Recently he repeatedly said that he does not feel confident in that match-up. Losses to players like Sort-Of (he is good but HerO should beat him) and close series against players like Suppy showed that too.
But wishing for Protosses.. he wants to kill me... these PvPs at MLG almost gave me heart attacks.
And thanks for the translation.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
September 04 2012 14:13 GMT
#15
STORYWRITER!!!!!

we missed you <3
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
September 04 2012 14:16 GMT
#16
wb storywriter, thx for the translations
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
September 04 2012 14:16 GMT
#17
On September 04 2012 23:10 Porcelina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 23:02 storywriter wrote:
On September 04 2012 23:02 AgentChaos wrote:
well that was fast, certainly a lot faster than yesterday

hero's my favourite player


Fast translations and supremely good taste? <3

Oh my god HerO, if you actually get multiple Protoss players in your group you are going to give me a heart attack. Actually, that fate might be inescapable either way.

you're a TL writer now, you're now allowed to have favourites, lords nows the other writers don't
Good to have you back storywriter.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
September 04 2012 14:17 GMT
#18
Welcome back storywriter! Thanks so much for the translations
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
September 04 2012 14:17 GMT
#19
Where you been Storywriter <3
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
September 04 2012 14:19 GMT
#20
thanks for the words of welcome, everyone.

as for why i was gone, uni work got the better of me...
Translator
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15968
Calm 2264
Mini 163
Rush 107
EffOrt 93
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
febbydoto14
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
pashabiceps716
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4127
Liquid`Hasu612
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1934
Beastyqt694
RotterdaM635
B2W.Neo613
C9.Mang0295
shahzam187
IndyStarCraft 183
crisheroes153
QueenE100
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss64
UpATreeSC58
ZombieGrub39
JuggernautJason23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 31
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade889
Other Games
• imaqtpie967
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h
INu's Battles
15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.