• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8676 users

[Interview] Up/Down Group A Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 15:57:21
August 27 2012 14:53 GMT
#1
(T)StarTale_Bomber

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it back to Code S after three seasons?

After spending two seasons just wandering around in Code A I learned the importance of being in Code S. Since I kept walking around in Code A I seem to have lost a lot of interest from my Korean fans. I realized that If you're a gamer, you have to be in Code S no matter what. Code A is no different from the preliminaries themselves.

What was the reason for your poor performances?

I think it's because I was lacking in skill. I also don't think I really took care of myself that well. If I want to win in tournaments I need to keep myself in good condition but I wasn't able to do that. That's why I think I kept making all these really close calls. However, if you look at the case of MC, he attends a foreign tournaments and does well in GSLs so I really don't think I have any kind of excuse.

After seeing your group for Up/Downs what did you think?

I was glad that I got a five man group. Out of all my experiences with Up/Down groups, this was the first time I performed in a a five man group. Since there are so many skilled players in these Up/Down groups, I pretty much consider every group a "Group of Death."

You had to play the series with a loss in your first game.

I kept thinking to myself how heavy the weight of game one was. So I practiced heavily for TvZs but I lost in game one so I became flustered afterwards. I thought it was going to be a difficult road but I'm glad that I won like this.

In the last game, you tried a triple CC strategy.

This was a strategy I decided to do after watching KeeN vs jjkaji. That game had a huge influence on my victory.

How do you feel after playing against MaNa?

He's a Protoss player who has won a tournament before so I was really nervous. I played my game while considering him like a Korean player and not a foreign player. Personally, I think it'd be great if Code S had a lot of foreign players so I want MaNa to advance.

The negotiations got resolved and now KeSPA player will participate in the GSL preliminaries.

Since we have different kinds of opponents available now the it seems like the fans are more involved with the GSL preliminaries so I am watching with a positive thought. I just wish people would refrain from all this extreme blaming on each other. Both sides are working as hard as they can so I would like for the fans to keep cheering for us. If I get the chance, I was to face the players from TaekBangLeeSang.

With another second place finish in WCS, it seems Squirtle is establishing a new "Kong Line."

It's not a good name for him to have. As the way I see it right now, since we have three players in WCS Asia, we have a great chance of winning the whole thing.

What are you prepared to get done this season?

The most important tournament is the GSL. With the thought of this being my first ever Code S I will do my absolute best.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors Red Bull, ZOWIE Gear, BenQ, and Joy Gear. I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice.

(P)mouzCC.MaNa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Original Interview by TIG
+ Show Spoiler +

How do you feel about your first ever debut in Korea?

I'm a badass bro. I'm the alpha and the omega. I'm the motha flipping juggernaut. I'm the foreign dictator bitch. I'm a jive turkey sucking bad brotha from anotha motha. 'Nuff said son.. 'nuff said



Follow up interview by TIG because Korean neitzens were like "the f*** is this shit?"
+ Show Spoiler +

How do you feel about your first ever Code S qualification?

I feel really good. After winning my first two games I realized that my chance to enter in to Code S got higher so I got excited. I think this tournament meant a lot to not only me, but to the foreign fans as well.

You got your first ever seed for the Up/Downs.

GSL was a tournament I really wanted to try out so I thought to myself "this was finally my shot". I tol myself that I had to show a great performance.

How did you feel after seeing who was in you group?

After seeing who was in my group, I thought that it was going to be a difficult road. I've been losing a lot in my practices recently so I was really worried but luck was on my side today so I was able to make it.

What was the most tiring or memorable game today?

All my games were tiring. Against KeeN, it was a base race and not a normal game so I will remember it, and I made a comeback in game two so it was riveting. I lost so miserably in game three so it was a real shame.

With Bomber's win, you went up to Code S without any need for re-games.

I want to let him know that I'm really grateful. I was in a situation where if Bomber won I was going to advance, so I was praying and my prayer worked. If I get the chance to I would really like to repay Bomber back (laughs).

If you wanted to introduce your style of play to the Korean fans?

Regarding PvZs and PvTs, I tend to play a defensive style. Regarding PvPs, I'm the exact opposite and play aggressive. I tend to play long macro games while playing patiently as I wait for my opponent to make a mistake.

Is there anyone you would like to face in Code S?

During DreamHack, MC joked that I would never be able to defeat him. So in order to get my revenge, I want to face him at least once.

How do you practice usually?

In Europe, I would play with my friends and the famous European players, in Korea I would practice through ladder. But I think starting from today, I could start practicing with the Korean pros.

What are your goals for this season?

Just like any other player, my goal is to win the championship. But realistically, that is going to be really difficult so just remaining in Code S will be my goal. Since I'm having such a great time in Korea, I want to remain in Korea if I can get permission for it.

Anything else you would like to say?

I would like tor request from my fans that they cheer a lot for me. I want to thank our sponsors Medion, RAZER, mousesports, CardCoaches, GEIL, Intel, and THORTECH.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
August 27 2012 14:57 GMT
#2
I somehow wish Mana would really have said this :p
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
August 27 2012 14:58 GMT
#3
Mana sure is cocky.
MMA: The true King of Wings
Random_0
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1163 Posts
August 27 2012 14:58 GMT
#4
On August 27 2012 23:53 SeeKeR wrote:
How do you feel about your first ever debut in Korea?

I'm a badass bro. I'm the alpha and the omega. I'm the motha flipping juggernaut. I'm the foreign dictator bitch. I'm a jive turkey sucking bad brotha form anotha motha. 'Nuff said son.. 'nuff said


I laughed.
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
August 27 2012 14:58 GMT
#5
MANA!!!! gL in code-s
INTENZ-_-
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden137 Posts
August 27 2012 14:59 GMT
#6
Indeed that would have been epic. MaNa showed us why he went to Korea though. Great work!
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
August 27 2012 15:00 GMT
#7
Not enough mana.
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 27 2012 15:01 GMT
#8
Bomber looks so happy in that photo. Thanks for the translation
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
August 27 2012 15:02 GMT
#9
Damn i laguhed at the MaNa one
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
August 27 2012 15:04 GMT
#10
Quite the succinct interview response from Mana.... :p
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
August 27 2012 15:04 GMT
#11
Lulz :D Epic stuff !
Good job Mana ! Or Nama ... Or Mama ... Dafaq, I always confuse these guys :D
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
August 27 2012 15:05 GMT
#12
On August 27 2012 23:53 SeeKeR wrote:
(P)mouzCC.MaNa

How do you feel about your first ever debut in Korea?

I'm a badass bro. I'm the alpha and the omega. I'm the motha flipping juggernaut. I'm the foreign dictator bitch. I'm a jive turkey sucking bad brotha form anotha motha. 'Nuff said son.. 'nuff said


Best. Placeholder. Ever.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
August 27 2012 15:09 GMT
#13
Ahah that was awesome, I wish it was really Mana's interview!!
Thurken
Profile Joined September 2011
961 Posts
August 27 2012 15:11 GMT
#14
If he actually said that, that would be awesome =)
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
August 27 2012 15:11 GMT
#15
Mana, my thoughts exactly on your win tonight. Nuff said.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
August 27 2012 15:11 GMT
#16
Wish MaNa gave us some clues as to the status of his lair that Draco is building.
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
August 27 2012 15:12 GMT
#17
Now I will see Jim Carrey in Mana :p

"I am the omega BABY"
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
Chaves
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Brazil315 Posts
August 27 2012 15:14 GMT
#18
asjdioas would be epic if he actually said that ...
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
August 27 2012 15:17 GMT
#19
On August 28 2012 00:14 Chaves wrote:
asjdioas would be epic if he actually said that ...

What does asjdioas mean?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Chaves
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Brazil315 Posts
August 27 2012 15:20 GMT
#20
On August 28 2012 00:17 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2012 00:14 Chaves wrote:
asjdioas would be epic if he actually said that ...

What does asjdioas mean?


its like "hahaha" for dyslexic ppl
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 688
ComeBackTV 412
SteadfastSC382
Rex116
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 357
ProTech141
Rex 119
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43865
Hyuk 1157
Jaedong 1086
Soma 847
Mini 619
Horang2 555
EffOrt 477
BeSt 440
Larva 431
Soulkey 379
[ Show more ]
ZerO 292
Rush 279
Stork 264
Last 246
Snow 229
ggaemo 208
hero 79
Mind 65
Killer 47
Free 46
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
sorry 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Terrorterran 22
Bale 22
yabsab 19
Liquid`Ret 18
Trap 17
Rock 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8575
qojqva1323
Dendi759
Counter-Strike
x6flipin945
Fnx 766
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2330
Khaldor1865
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2884
singsing2064
B2W.Neo893
hiko881
byalli421
Liquid`VortiX180
KnowMe123
QueenE80
Mew2King76
Trikslyr33
Railgan17
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2370
League of Legends
• Nemesis1782
• Jankos1160
• TFBlade832
Other Games
• Shiphtur294
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 37m
OSC
21h 37m
Stellar Fest
21h 37m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.