• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:21
CEST 18:21
KST 01:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12691 users

[Interview] WCS LR3 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 17:46:59
August 21 2012 16:34 GMT
#1
(P)CJ Entus_herO[jOin]

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You made it to the fourth round of the losers' bracket. How do you feel?

I don't feel that good about it since I had to kill a fellow teammate, EffOrt hyung. I'm going to do my absolute best with EffOrt hyung in mind.

How was your first team kill?

I never got nervous even once. I have no burden but, I felt something else entirely. It feels mucky to win and I really hope I never have to go through another team kill.

You played a very aggressive style today. What was the reason for that?

Today's concept was this: strategically play using gas and attack with macro. My approach worked out well so my games also went well.

Thanks to the WCS tournament, it seems you've gained a lot of confidence.

I do well in WCS but I lack confidence for ProLeague matches. I am worried since I am currently on a losing streak. I'm in panic mode since I'm on a losing streak on a game that I really believed in. I do well in WCS but do terribly for ProLeague so I'm torn up mentally.

If you win one more time, you become a representative for Korea.

I really should have won my first match during the Ro32. The losers' bracket is so exhausting. It's my first tournament but I seem to have gotten used to the MokDong studio. But it would have been so much better had I remained in the winners' bracket.

Your next opponent is a rematch against Protoss player, Puzzle.

After playing against Puzzle, I found out that he's actually pretty playable against. I think I'm going to be able to have a fun match with him. I have a good momentum right now so in my current condition, I have a lot of confidence.

Even if you lose, you still have the 9th - 10th place matches.

It's a nice road to fall back on but I think it would be much better for me to just win it. It's just much better to go the easy way.

(Z)SlayerS_Miya

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've made the fourth round of the losers' bracket with two straight victories.

I didn't really expect anything today. I felt like I was going to get really nervous today. I still haven't adapted to the televised studio environment. Actually, after playing with a clam mindset, I felt like I got less nervous. I think it's going to be better for me to keep on not expecting anything. But if I'm in an advantageous situation, getting nervous is inevitable.

In game one, you had a bit of crisis towards the end against the Terran's attack.

It's because I got nervous. As soon as I pushed his base, I couldn't see the screen. My professional friends from BW told me that you really can't see anything and think well during the first game. I used to think those were lies. But I now know that it's true. If you're put in an advantageous situation, you really just can't see what's in front of you. You just get it all up in your head that you're about to win so you can't see anything and start to get really nervous. It's dangerous.

In game two, you had the better build order and grabbed the lead. Did you get nervous from the get go?

Normally I evaluate my opponents' ladder games and VODs and memorize what their weakness are. I've studied aLive's style through his online games and ladder games. With that in mind, I would purposely lose to him if we met in ladder matches so that I could use that against him during tournament matches. He relies way too heavily on his marines. I normally do not get zergling speed that early but this time I purposely aimed for it. I thought that for sure, he would play that certain style for game two. so I didn't get as nervous. If I see that the game is going my way, I don't get nervous.

If you win the next match, you become a representative for Korea.

Regarding every match up, I always wait until I find out who my next opponent will be. Then I obtain his replays and then dissect them. I'm going to do my absolute best so that I can become a representative for Korea.

For the first time, you will face RorO, a KeSPA player. Is there any burden?

My burden level is at 200x right now. I really just want to forfeit (laughs). RorO uses a bar code ID on ladder so I don't even have any info on him. And also, since it's going to be a mirror match up, I have a feeling it's going to be a fight of pure basics. I think I'm going to lose depending on build order wise and strategy wise.

Even if you lose, you still have a chance to become a Korean representative through the 9th - 10th place matches.

For now, I know that our skill level is similar to that of KeSPA players, but since community members react so harshly when GSL players lose, I think I'm going to have to win my match. But I do know that RorO is at Grand Master league level so it's not going to be weird even if I lose to him.

How do you feel about the pace that KeSPA players are catching up?

I actually don't think it's that fast. They're pro gamers just like us so of course I knew that they were going to catch up by this much.

How are you going to get over your televised matches nerves?

I think I'll be fine as long as I keep following my pattern. Game twos seem to be going my way so I don't think it really matters all that much. The problem is when games aren't going my way. In order to overcome that, I just need to keep playing in televised matches.

Anything else you would like to say?

I'm going to do my absolute best to become a representative for Korea. Also, if I do end up losing, I'mg going to have to request that I don't get so much crap about losing to a KeSPA player.

(P)Liquid`HerO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it to the fourth round of the losers' bracket.

Thing weren't going that well for me during my practices so I was feeling uneasy but I won easily than expected so I feel relieved. I feel really good that I won by a score of 2:0.

In game one, his reaper revealed your dark templar build. How did you feel about that?

Thanks to that reaper I almost got screwed over. But I felt like he would only defend his front so I warped in to his base to make sure the reaper scouting me didn't effect me that much. Warping via vision was also something I had already planned on doing.

In game two, you blocked a 5 rax marine attack.

I hadn't fallen victim to an all in in a while so I got a little flustered but his marines arrived later than expected so I kept wondering what this whole thing was. I had great stalker micro so I was able to block it. I don't know if it's because I hadn't experienced it in a while or what but the marines arrival time was different than what I had anticipated. My build order could have lost to his build order but my stalker micro saved the day.

You showed a ceremony with nexuses. Was there a specific purpose?

I think people are going to give me crap about that so I'm actually wondering if that ceremony was worth it. I attempted a ceremony like that so that I could thank all my fans who had kept on cheering for me all this time.

You have conveniently killed three KeSPA players already. Can we label you as a KeSPA killer?

I don't think I should be labeled as a killer just yet (laughs). I just played without underestimating them so I think that's why I've been winning.

Your next opponent is Polt. What do you think will happen?

Personally, I hate Polt's style. I think I'm going to have to prepare extensively for him. As soon as I get back home, I'm going to start preparing.

As far as we know, you are to leave on the 23rd for the upcoming MLG. So is tomorrow the last match for you?

In my situation, that's pretty much what it is. I had already been registered for MLG so before I participated in the WCS, the MLG officials told me they'd be very patient about it. It's a shame that I can't finish the tournament.

You must be yearning to win tomorrow so that you can become a representative for Korea.

Absolutely. I don't get an opportunity to become a representative if I lose so I absolutely must win no matter what. I think I can manage it if I just get some confidence in myself.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our sponsors The Little App Factory, Twitch, and RAZER. I want to thank Jinro for coming with me again today. I also want to thank my parents for always watching my games and cheering for me. I want to thank TaeJa, jjakji, TheStC, and Sting for helping me with practice. Lastly, even if I do have to end up forfeiting the rest of my matches, I want to ask that my fans never stop cheering for me
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Mlex
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada324 Posts
August 21 2012 16:42 GMT
#2
Miya! ^^
"Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber." | MVP: the Royal Roadblock, the King.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
August 21 2012 17:00 GMT
#3
T-T...

what a slow day....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
August 21 2012 17:06 GMT
#4
Love you Seeker!
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
August 21 2012 17:15 GMT
#5
Yay, thanks Seeker!
Hooray for Hero (the real one, from Liquid)!!!
Get off my lawn, young punks
FatBat
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany326 Posts
August 21 2012 17:18 GMT
#6
Im sad Hero has to forfeit no matter what happens. So many tournaments at one time is really killing esports.
I want to thank TaeJa
Polt will be with his help EzPz
"This game went full retard"- Totalbiscuit
Paincarnate
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
115 Posts
August 21 2012 17:28 GMT
#7
Go Go Liquid`HerO!
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
August 21 2012 17:35 GMT
#8
Thanks Seeker for the translation. You are the best!
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 21 2012 17:37 GMT
#9
Nice interviews!
Thanks for translating
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
August 21 2012 17:38 GMT
#10
Loved the manner nexi ^^
FoTG fighting!
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
August 21 2012 17:38 GMT
#11
Gogo Hero!!!!
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
August 21 2012 17:52 GMT
#12
Hero!!!
but which one?
hi. big fan.
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
August 21 2012 17:59 GMT
#13
HerO thought things weren't going well in practice but if you grind games vs Taeja that isn't surprising. Now he hopefully is really confident in his play. Polt will be harder challenge though.
Anyway, thanks for the translation.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
August 21 2012 18:04 GMT
#14
Lastly, even if I do have to end up forfeiting the rest of my matches, I want to ask that my fans never stop cheering for me
Never ever!
Refer to my post.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 21 2012 18:32 GMT
#15
Thanks for the manner nexi HerO, I loved them almost as much as the forcefield donut with storm topping.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 21 2012 19:15 GMT
#16
Grats to HerO. Sad about aLive. It's a little disappointing still to think that people will have to forfeit for MLG
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
August 21 2012 20:39 GMT
#17
Thanks Seeker for translating <3

Hmm I'd rather Hero forfeits MLG than WCS, i feel like koreans underestimate how important the WCS are.
Seems odd to me that HerO forfeits WCS where he is very close to decent price winnings already , and instead tries a big mlg with lotsa competition.
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
August 21 2012 20:42 GMT
#18
thanks for the interviews seeker!!!
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
August 21 2012 20:44 GMT
#19
On August 22 2012 05:39 Quateras wrote:
Thanks Seeker for translating <3

Hmm I'd rather Hero forfeits MLG than WCS, i feel like koreans underestimate how important the WCS are.
Seems odd to me that HerO forfeits WCS where he is very close to decent price winnings already , and instead tries a big mlg with lotsa competition.

WCS competition is sick as well...
The main factor I think is, that after being qualified you just play for seeding and a bit of money. At MLG in contrast you not only fight for a bigger prize-pool but for a chance to stay in the very lucrative MLG circuit (Arena/Invite-only qualifiers).
The chances for Hero to be succesful at MLG are better than actually winning WCS Korea to secure a spot at the global final.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
August 21 2012 20:58 GMT
#20
Man...

Are herO, Miya, and HerO just not considered interview readable worthy?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM809
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 809
ByuN 321
Reynor 319
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 205
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57359
Bisu 2735
Calm 2412
FanTaSy 727
Stork 594
Rush 517
hero 282
firebathero 173
actioN 123
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 52
ToSsGirL 32
Mong 30
Pusan 28
soO 25
Rock 23
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 16
Aegong 14
Terrorterran 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m5163
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt632
Mlord467
Khaldor466
olofmeister418
KnowMe304
crisheroes171
FrodaN10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 16
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV547
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1570
Other Games
• Shiphtur574
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 39m
OSC
6h 39m
Replay Cast
6h 39m
OSC
19h 39m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.