• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:16
CEST 13:16
KST 20:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8999 users

[Interview] OSL Group A KeSPA Dual Tournament

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 16:13:08
July 31 2012 15:45 GMT
#1
(P)Woongjin Stars_Flying

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about advancing in to the OSL as first in your group?

I presumed that I would have hard matches. My group was full of strong players so I knew I would lose if I played this half assed, so I came with a sharpened sword.

This is your first ever advancement in to a StarLeague.

The OSL stage was a place I really wanted to get up to. I'm so happy because not only did I advance through the preliminaries, I also advanced through the dual tournament.

How did you prepare for today's games?

I expected to meet Soulkey in the winners round but he lost in the first round so the scenario I thought of did not occur. But since I prepared for PvPs as well it was not a big deal.

In the winners round, your dark templar strategy was blocked so the game progressed with you in a disadvantageous situation

My opponent scouted me with his probe so I figured he knew something was coming up. So I purposely only made one dark templar. My expansion was faster and since I had a grasp of what my opponent was doing, my failed dark templar strategy did not set me behind.
Usually I really hate PvPs. So instead of focusing on practice I focused on strategy. After contemplating what to do I decided that going with a dark templar strategy would be the best. In the ProLeague's ace match, herO[jOin] used this strategy against sHy and when I saw sHy fall to the strategy, I thought that it was a strategy worth using.

It seems that PvPs are highly dependent on the build orders but what do you think?

For me, I also believe it is about a battle of build orders. It's the equivalent of a ZvZ in BW. If your build order get crossed it's really hard for you to win.

Now that you are in the OSL you have to face GSL players, are you confident?

If I meet them on ladder I win some and lose some. However, GSL players have a ton of experience in tournaments so I expect the games to be really hard. However, for the honor of KeSPA players I will sharpen my sword and prepare for the OSL.

Is there a specific player you would like to face?

I want to face a Terran player. If the chance arrives, I would like to face LG-IMMvp.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank Rudy and Light for helping me with practice. I'm sure long time fans of OSLs have never heard of me so I want to use this opportunity to get my name out there.

(P)By.Sun

[image loading]

How do you feel about advancing in to the OSL?

Getting on the OSL stage has been my long time dream so I feel really happy.

How were today's games?

After I won the first game I ensured my advancement. In my opinion, Soulkey was the best player in Group A so after I beat him I gained confidence.

It was a shame that you lost in the winners round.

I blocked my opponent's strategy but Flying played with guts so I ended up losing. I made the wrong decision and forced myself to attack needlessly and I lost.

As of late, you are the best player on SKT T1.

In the beginning, after we lost to Woongjin Stars twice in the ProLeague I thought for sure I would be done for mentally but instead of feeling frustrated about it I just told myself to work harder. Thanks to the great mind control that I used back then I was able to get the driving force I needed to produce the results I am producing right now.

For a while you were in a poor state but you revived yourself this season. What was your driving force?

Initially I'm not a bad player. Even during practices I was the best player on the team but I think my mind wasn't stable. Every game I lost kept hitting me hard and my mentality was shaken up. But as of late, I am able to overcome the pain of my losses. Thanks to that, I am able to win more and more now.

How are you planning on preparing for the OSL?

I don't think I will know until my group is revealed. After everyone in my group is decided I will prepare step by step.

Who do you want to face in the OSL?

I want to face either SK.MC hyung or ST_PartinG. I'm friends with them so I think playing against them will be fun. I was former teammates with MC hyung and I spend time with PartinG through battle.net.

This season's goals?

I want to make it far enough so that I can at least get seeded for the next OSL. The qualifiers are just so tiring.

Anything else you would like to say?

I am really grateful to Hyuk hyung and BeSt hyung for coming with me today. One of SKTelecom T1 academy players, Lee Ho Sung recently decided to pursue a career in LoL. I really hope he makes it as a pro gamer.

ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
July 31 2012 15:47 GMT
#2
Sun's interview?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
July 31 2012 15:50 GMT
#3
Woongjing players wanting to face Mvp! how surprising ^^
thanks SeeKeR
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
July 31 2012 15:50 GMT
#4
Flying = StarCraft Millhouse
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 16:10:11
July 31 2012 15:51 GMT
#5
aww, no mind control so far

thx for the interview translation.

edit: interview number two delivers :D
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
July 31 2012 15:57 GMT
#6
Well, instead of mind control we have shord sharpening. Jokes aside, I hope we get to see great games from both players and I'm eagerly awaiting Sun's interview as well.
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 31 2012 16:13 GMT
#7
On August 01 2012 00:47 amazingxkcd wrote:
Sun's interview?

is now up
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
July 31 2012 16:14 GMT
#8
[image loading]

The key to success.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 31 2012 19:10 GMT
#9
T-T KeSPA guys get no love
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
July 31 2012 19:12 GMT
#10
It's weird that KeSPA players all want to face MVP. "So yeah I'm new to this game, I would like to face the current best player in a tournament that I dream to win since it's creation"

Too bad for Soulkey tho.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
July 31 2012 19:18 GMT
#11
On August 01 2012 04:10 SeeKeR wrote:
T-T KeSPA guys get no love

maybe it's the translators fault

Glad to see the tosses advance, always liked Flying in particular for whatever reason
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
July 31 2012 19:20 GMT
#12
On August 01 2012 04:12 SpiZe wrote:
It's weird that KeSPA players all want to face MVP. "So yeah I'm new to this game, I would like to face the current best player in a tournament that I dream to win since it's creation"

Too bad for Soulkey tho.


They prob all know him at least a little bit lol. MVP was a woongjin stars terran

...never really thought I'd see the day where Sun/Rain (w/e he's calling himself) is doing better than everyone else in SKT..
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
July 31 2012 19:22 GMT
#13
well until kespa players beat gsl players they wont really get much attention.
dunne_bo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bolivia79 Posts
July 31 2012 19:29 GMT
#14
I rly wanted Soulkey to advance...even tho I play protoss in SC2, I played zerg in BW and I rly wanna see kespa zergs dominate. Well at least JD is crushing the PL.
Thanks for the translations!
o.o
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 31 2012 19:30 GMT
#15
On August 01 2012 04:12 SpiZe wrote:
It's weird that KeSPA players all want to face MVP. "So yeah I'm new to this game, I would like to face the current best player in a tournament that I dream to win since it's creation"

Too bad for Soulkey tho.

Woongjin stars are currently one of the more successfully teams in SC2, MVP was an a teamer on stars so they're probably friendly with him and want to play him since they were together in the past.
Glorious SEA doto
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 31 2012 20:25 GMT
#16
On August 01 2012 04:18 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 04:10 SeeKeR wrote:
T-T KeSPA guys get no love

maybe it's the translators fault

Glad to see the tosses advance, always liked Flying in particular for whatever reason

You-are-an-ass-don't-ever-post-that-first-part-again-or-I-will-beat-you-with-a-35-inch-pole.

See you on Skype
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
July 31 2012 21:16 GMT
#17
On August 01 2012 04:20 LuckyMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 04:12 SpiZe wrote:
It's weird that KeSPA players all want to face MVP. "So yeah I'm new to this game, I would like to face the current best player in a tournament that I dream to win since it's creation"

Too bad for Soulkey tho.


They prob all know him at least a little bit lol. MVP was a woongjin stars terran

...never really thought I'd see the day where Sun/Rain (w/e he's calling himself) is doing better than everyone else in SKT..

I'm actually really happy that By.Sun is doing marvelously in SC2. He first caught my eye when he all-killed Hwaseung Oz in the STX Masters Cup, and I think he would've eventually ended up being a top Protoss in BW if the SC2 transition never took place.

And I hope Flying changes his Proleague theme song. It's an atrocity.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
July 31 2012 21:20 GMT
#18
I've liked Flying since he all-killed in one of those preseason STX Cup tournaments like three years ago.

Crossing fingers Mvp or MarineKing can smash through to get into the finals.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
July 31 2012 21:46 GMT
#19
On August 01 2012 06:16 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 04:20 LuckyMacro wrote:
On August 01 2012 04:12 SpiZe wrote:
It's weird that KeSPA players all want to face MVP. "So yeah I'm new to this game, I would like to face the current best player in a tournament that I dream to win since it's creation"

Too bad for Soulkey tho.


They prob all know him at least a little bit lol. MVP was a woongjin stars terran

...never really thought I'd see the day where Sun/Rain (w/e he's calling himself) is doing better than everyone else in SKT..

I'm actually really happy that By.Sun is doing marvelously in SC2. He first caught my eye when he all-killed Hwaseung Oz in the STX Masters Cup, and I think he would've eventually ended up being a top Protoss in BW if the SC2 transition never took place.

And I hope Flying changes his Proleague theme song. It's an atrocity.


That's true, I feel pretty bad for some of the other up and coming rookies that haven't transferred into sc2 as well :[


On August 01 2012 06:20 Fionn wrote:
I've liked Flying since he all-killed in one of those preseason STX Cup tournaments like three years ago.

Crossing fingers Mvp or MarineKing can smash through to get into the finals.


Only match I really remember with Flying was vs Jaedong and the 3 drones blocking 1023902942390732 worth of units for like 300 hours. aha
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
July 31 2012 22:24 GMT
#20
On August 01 2012 05:25 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 04:18 HaXXspetten wrote:
On August 01 2012 04:10 SeeKeR wrote:
T-T KeSPA guys get no love

maybe it's the translators fault

Glad to see the tosses advance, always liked Flying in particular for whatever reason

You-are-an-ass-don't-ever-post-that-first-part-again-or-I-will-beat-you-with-a-35-inch-pole.

See you on Skype

35 inches isn't enough to reach across the Atlantic


...and whaddyamean seeya on Skype if you don't say anything? >.>
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV218
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 331
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1649
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King68
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 44m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.