• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S3 CodeS RO4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 13:25:23
July 19 2012 12:52 GMT
#1
LG-IMSeed

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

You are in a Code S finals for the first time in your life. It was a hard fought victory so how do you feel?

I am feeling great. It's a shame that I had to beat someone I'm close to in Byun but he's such a great player that once Terran is buffed in the future, he can try again for the championship.

Your start was fantastic with a win in Set 1

I wasn't planning on using that build for the first set. Then after killing the scouting SCV, I sent my stalker to the watch tower in the centre and saw too many marines. Seeing that, I moved my gas probes back to minerals and defended the first pressure. 3 rax means that your tech is delayed and your defense at the entrance is weaker. That's why I ended the game with a 7 gate colossus timing.

You were helpless against the hellions in Set 2

I foresaw the hellions and even the drop. However, the drop came slightly later than I expected. I started to think that it was a maruder/hellion attack and that's when the hellions came in and fried all my probes.

You fell to hellions in Set 3 also. Were you mentally shaken?

If I were shaken mentally, I wouldn't have used a build that's countered by hellions. I wasn't intimidated psychologically and that wasn't the reason I took damage. It was simply that my opponent's build was well planned out. Even if I had gone for a more standard build, I think I would have taken a lot of damage because his build was unexpected. Still, I didn't expect my natural nexus to fall. I felt the OPness of marines once again.

Even in Set 4, there was a moment of crisis. Your delaying the attack for more time was impressive

Honestly, I was expecting to lose. I doubt there's a player anywhere in the world who would have thought "I can do this". Still, monitoring my opponent's movements with the observer, I saw a glimmer of hope. I bought time with dark templar and thanks to this I was able to buy even more time in the centre of the map with forcefields.

You were determinedly well defended in the last set

Nice question (laugh). You've read me like a book. After Set 4, I realised that Byun's goal today was to cripple me. That's why I went into the game with the goal of showing defense worthy of a fortress. It was as standard as it could get.

Who do you want to face for the finals?

For the fun of the match, I want DRG and for the honour of Protoss and personal friendship, MC. Lately, Protoss hasn't won anything. In every tournament. I think once a Protoss wins the GSL, they'll start to rally towards the cause. Actually, my PvP win rate isn't spectacular. I don't lose on the ladder but in official matches, I tend to lose out on the build choices. Luck has never been on my side in my PvPs and I'm confident about the matchup so I don't mind PvP that much. However, the same goes for PvZ so I'm not too worried.

The finals is to be held in Hae Woon Dae. Won't you be nervous for your first finals?

I think it will be fun. I've never been to Busan. Busan to me is just like the US or Europe. I want to find out what it's like. I can't wait (laugh).

Did Nestea say anything before your match tonight?

Seed, you going to the finals? was what he said (laugh).

You went 3:2 in ro8 and again in ro4. If there's anything you felt after having two full matches

As I played those matches, I realised that my play was very different between Sets 1 and 5. I felt it in both ro8 and ro4. I seem to be deficient early on in the match and as it progresses, my concentration improves and I play better. I think practice is the only way to fix this weakness. I identified my weakness in ro8/4 this season.

There are many fans who want to see if LG-IM is a team that can produce three champions.

I'm already satisfied. Going to the finals is already an honour not many progamers get to have. It's not a place anyone can reach. I'll just try my best. I don't care too much about how our team would have a champion of each race. Two of our players have already won like it's nothing. There are so many trophies at the training house that adding mine won't even be noticeable (laugh).

You are very popular among the fans because of your interviews

I'm a very easygoing person (laugh). I'm friendly to people and treat friends to nice meals all the time. In interviews, I just say what I want.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Dreamertt and MVP for helping me with practice. Happy lost in his Code A Round 2 match and I want to tell him to keep strong and become as good as he once was. I want to thank everyone in LG-IM who cheered for me. The coach and especially his wife seemed to want to go to Hae Woon Dae. I'm happy because I feel like I got them a gift. Lastly, I want to thank LG Electronics, SteelSeries, Googims, Nvidia and Coca cola for their sponsorship.


Source: ThisisGame

SK-MC

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

It's been a long, 496 days long break between your Code S finals

It's refreshing (laugh). The break was so long that some people said that I would never return. I'm happy to have made it once more.

You said that you were saving strategies for tonight despite going to NASL and HSC. Is that true?

Hmm, is it? Well, yeah it is true that I was saving up strategies for tonight. Of course, it sounds like a big fat excuse but I feel like in foreign tournaments, solid macro play can carry me far enough.

Your score was 3:0. In Sets 1 and 2, you defended and in Set 3, you tried an all-in

For Sets 1 and 2, I quite often had hour long games in practice. Set 3 was a prepared build. Antiga Shipyard is not favourable for Protoss so I designed it specifically for that map. There are many more builds I had ready but didn't get to use tonight.

Many predicted a DRG victory

In my practice yesterday and today, I didn't lose a single game. I tend to stop practising after 3 consecutive losses but this never happened so I had a marathon of a practice session. I didn't think for once that I would lose tonight. Also, I watched Naniwa's match against DRG in ro8 and he played so well that he almost won. I was impressed.

Aren't you still jetlagged due to all the foreign tournaments?

It's true I had a hard time after just 2 hours of sleep. However, my mind woke up on its own. It became clear as soon as I sat down in the booth. It's amazing how this competitive will is ever present.

This is the first ever PvP finals. Some fans are worried

If Seed is up to it, it'll be long games and if not, it'll be quick. I tend to focus on my fundamentals. I rely mostly on my intuition. Conversely, Seed seems to prepare religiously. I think it will be a match between a Freestyler and a Textbook. I believe this will make it all the better.

Do you feel like you can lessen the gap between yourself and MVP/Nestea?

First, I'll catch up to Nestea this season and next season, I'll match MVP or so my dream scenario goes. It's hard to make the dream scenario happen though so Ill have to work harder than ever.

Your all-ins this season were scary strong. Were they specially planned?

I believe all-ins are part of what makes up your fundamentals. I just use them when I feel like it. The all-ins I used this season were ones I bring out when I get pissed. I use them whenever I feel like my opponent is letting their guard down or getting greedy. I sometimes try them out against standard play just to see whether it would work. It fails horribly when it's properly repelled but at the moment, they're working rather well.

You must have been under some pressure because of your inability to win another GSL championship

I thought I could do it at any time and as I saw other Protosses get there before me, I started to think. There was a part of me that wanted them to lose and another that was sorely jealous. However, I consoled myself with the fact that I still had the biggest earnings in prize money.

Next week, you will participate in OSL Dual tournament

I'm not even thinking about that one yet. Well, the plan is of course to advance. If a champion fails to advance, it'll be too embarrassing. OSL is in its beginning stages but I still want to win both leagues. And maybe at this rate, that's very possible. OSL has maps that are favourable for Protoss after all.

Do you feel like you can keep the title of the only Protoss champion?

I think so but I won't hold a grudge or anything even if I lose it. I want to have fun in the finals. I think it's better to enjoy the game rather than play under pressure. I am able to think this because my opponent is Seed. The same probably goes for Nestea and MVP. I know it's only a partnership but I already see them as teammates.

Anything to add?

Many Zergs gave me help. TSL's Hyun, Jookto who is still teamless and even Jaedong from Team 8. There are many former MBCGame players on Team 8 so they sometimes help with practice and I certainly got help for ro4. I've finally reached another finals so I want to thank the fans who have waited on me. My mother and girlfriend are so happy for me. My manager is coming to Korea for the finals so I hope to have a good time. It was a hard 500 days in one sense. I felt like if I failed to reach the finals one more time, I would be jinxed in the future so it's a good thing I made it. I want to thank those who make it possible for me to work as a stable progamer. Lastly, I want to thank the sponsors.

How is Jaedong's skill level?

Honestly, his knowledge and understanding of the game is lacking. However, his fundamentals are amazing. He's aggressive like he was in Starcraft 1. I think it's solid enough to work really well in Proleague. As a progamer, I feel for the KeSPA players. A hybrid league is just a ludicrous concept and adding OSL to their plate is impossible. I hope Proleague ends soon and everyone gets to play together. I don't want to choose sides when I was originally one of them. I hope they work hard and someday face me as a challenger.


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
metzninja
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand626 Posts
July 19 2012 12:57 GMT
#2
I love how charismatic Seed and MC are. First PvP finals also, should be fun!

Cheers storywriter <3
Floyd29
Profile Joined March 2012
France64 Posts
July 19 2012 12:58 GMT
#3
Nice interview !
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
July 19 2012 12:58 GMT
#4
good :/ if byun win gsl will be better though ! anyway goodluck seed
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
July 19 2012 13:01 GMT
#5
Kinda like Seed, but bostoss gotta take the championship!
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 19 2012 13:01 GMT
#6
i get it now, dreamertt practice bonjwa. that's why he's always sent out
thanks storywriter!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
July 19 2012 13:05 GMT
#7
Go SEED
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
July 19 2012 13:06 GMT
#8
Wow i didnt know IM had all those sick sponsors. Must have some awesome stuff at their house :D
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
July 19 2012 13:07 GMT
#9
MC has enough money, he should let Seed win.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
July 19 2012 13:08 GMT
#10
He does seem like a very nice guy and it comes across from the interviews. His mentality is fantastic, practice hard, practice smart, try your best but don't break your back over it.
Amokoma
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark122 Posts
July 19 2012 13:08 GMT
#11
He comes off as a really likeable guy :-)

There are so many trophies at the training house that adding mine won't even be noticeable (laugh).


QFT!
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
July 19 2012 13:09 GMT
#12
Everyone should learn to be fluent at Korean to truly appreciate how funny Seed is. I promise it will be worth it.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
July 19 2012 13:10 GMT
#13
go seed, next protoss star
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
July 19 2012 13:11 GMT
#14
Seed is pretty damn awesome
iLevitate
Profile Joined April 2012
United States225 Posts
July 19 2012 13:12 GMT
#15
SK.MC third term!
You lose, You learn
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 13:47:29
July 19 2012 13:18 GMT
#16
<3 for the interview.

edit:

Nice to see MC getting along with Naniwa.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 19 2012 13:22 GMT
#17
Always good questions. Thanks Storywriter.

Was hoping to see the MC one in all honesty .
I had a good night of sleep.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
July 19 2012 13:22 GMT
#18
Waiting for the boss toss interview, hope it will be good
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
July 19 2012 13:23 GMT
#19
On the one hand, I'm glad we get a PvP final since Protoss will actually win a GSL for the first time in forever. On the other hand, I hope this doesn't influence David Kim too much.
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
July 19 2012 13:23 GMT
#20
There are so many trophies at the training house that adding mine won't even be noticeable


LOL LG-IM sure rock
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 99
Railgan 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15469
Dewaltoss 165
ZZZero.O 118
firebathero 115
Hyuk 90
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift3513
Counter-Strike
Fnx 785
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5628
crisheroes870
Other Games
summit1g7179
FrodaN2534
fl0m794
mouzStarbuck333
KnowMe294
ToD241
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 73
• Hupsaiya 24
• musti20045 20
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen121
Other Games
• imaqtpie842
• Shiphtur222
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 31m
INu's Battles
14h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.