• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6969 users

[Interview] 2012 GSTL S2 R1 Group A Match 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 14:02:05
May 31 2012 13:55 GMT
#1
NSHSTassadar

[image loading]

Tell your thoughts on taking four kills as the starting player

I feel great but on one hand, it’s disappointing. I announced to my teammates that I would score an all kill and I regret not having achieved that.

Did you expect to take four kills?

I just wanted to do my best. I know I told my teammates I was going for an all kill but this was my first match in a long time and I was on a loss streak so I was low on confidence. Then, once I took down Zenio, I got some of my confidence back and lost the nervousness which led to the four kills.

You actively utilized the warp prism in Sets 1 and 2, was this a planned strategy?

It was meant for Zerg opponents. I tried this strategy on the ladder and the win rate was rather good. Lately, Zergs focus on droning heavily and establishing a strong economy early on so I planned to use this as a means of pressuring them.

By losing to Hero, you missed out on the all kill which must have been disappointing for you

I started out well and was ahead economically. Then, as I scouted his base with a phoenix, I saw that there was only a gateway and a robotics facility in his main which was perplexing. It was at thatmoment the phoenixes flew in. I knew then all was lost. Failing the all kill is so dissatisfying.

What did you think to yourself seeing Hero take two kills?

I was scared. However, I had faith in Jjakji so I still thought we would win as a team.

You are suffering a fairly long slump at the moment, what do you think is the reason for that?

I think I’ve lost my confidence after the recent losing streak. Confidence was my biggest asset but I lost it all by losing after losing. Because of that, I became lost and started having unnecessary thoughts. To overcome this crisis, I told my coach that I would stand as the leader in this GSTL. I think I got what I came for with the four kills today.

What did you think after failing to qualify for Code A this season?

After being eliminiated, I was in a state of panic but after seeing so many newcomers qualify, I had a moment of self-reflection. I will practise hard until the next qualifier and post great results.

You have a lot of time until the next GSL qualifier so how do you plan on spending this time?

I plan to put everything I have into GSTL. I want to see the coach holding the trophy no matter what. Being eliminated from the qualifier, all I have left is GSTL.

You take on ZeNEX in the final match. Are you confident your team will win?

If we manage to stop one of their players catching momentum, we should win.

Is there a player on ZeNEX that you want to face?

I want to face Life. I want to face an all-killer… I could have been one too, it’s just such a letdown.

Anything to add?

I want to thank my parents who let me continue with the game despite my bad performance so far. The recent qualifier was held on my girlfriend’s birthday so I was so sorry to her for being eliminated. I will do really well in this GSTL to make up.

Source: ThisisGame
Translator
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
May 31 2012 13:59 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interviews.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
May 31 2012 14:03 GMT
#3
Tassadar unable to deliver Code A qualification as a present for his girlfriend's birthday =(

Thanks for translations as always~
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 14:16:04
May 31 2012 14:13 GMT
#4
Win rate was rather good? lol. I would say the win rate is crazily good.

Edit: thanks for the translations storywriter!
petrox
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia320 Posts
May 31 2012 14:19 GMT
#5
thanks for the time, effort and commitment to the translations!
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
May 31 2012 14:30 GMT
#6
Well, atleast not an all kill
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
May 31 2012 14:36 GMT
#7
thank you for the translation
TL+ Member
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 31 2012 14:43 GMT
#8
Gf part was cute.
Koreans show a lot of emotion in the interviews.

Thx again for translating, storywriter.
I had a good night of sleep.
polyphonyEX
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2539 Posts
May 31 2012 16:52 GMT
#9
poor tassadar

I hope you might be able to all-kill some more teams in the future! gl
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
May 31 2012 17:48 GMT
#10
Thanks storywriter! Sad again for TL
Get off my lawn, young punks
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 31 2012 17:50 GMT
#11
Poor guy not getting an all-kill.

Meanwhile in the Liquid camp.......
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 31 2012 17:51 GMT
#12
"Is there a player on ZeNEX that you want to face?

I want to face Life. I want to face an all-killer… I could have been one too, it’s just such a letdown. "

Tassadar don't feel so bad :/
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 01 2012 00:27 GMT
#13
wow tassadar feeling a bit T_T it seems. he did well though!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Ucs
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
June 01 2012 00:41 GMT
#14
Cool interview. He was preatty close to actually doing the all-kill, since he was ahead in the game vs hero.

Im torn on who to cheer for between NSHO and Zenex...I really wanted the smaller teams to advance. At least 1 makes it to round 2 and I love Slayers, so I'm not dissapointed in the results of this group.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 622
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.