If you have been hanging around Reddit lately, you've probably realized a brand new bar opened in Paris last week. I am proud to introduce you to MELTDOWN!
It's basically a permanent barcraft: 5 screens and a projector broadcasting constant sc2 streams and full coverage of major tournaments. Other games will also be featured on special occasions: Dota 2, LoL, D3...
Additional cool stuff :
- There are 2 free-to-access computers, you can just come and play a game which will be restreamed in the rest of the bar
- We also have showmatches, coaching, challenges, bets… the website will soon say it all.
- From masters level on, you get a free drink if you come and play a custom game!
- VIPs love our bar! Come and if you're lucky enough you'll share a drink with NesTea, aLive, Symbol, MMA, Reis, BiGs, MoMaN, AureS or Stephano
- If you just feel like relaxing in a cool place, you can borrow a book from our sci-fi library and read it while sipping on a coffee
Oh, I almost forgot: our cocktails are AWESOME. The most famous one is certainly the Blue Flame Hellion, easily recognizable in the pictures. We also just created the Stephano Shot, his favorite.
UPDATE: free coaching now available every monday at Meltdown!
06/11: PROTOSS coaching with LDLC.Wolf
06/18: ZERG coaching with LDLC.MoMaN
06/25: TERRAN coaching with EC.SarenS
People will be randomly chosen from the crowd to participate in the sessions while the rest can watch and learn! At the end of each session, you'll also be able to challenge the pros to win free drinks!
Also, here is what will happen in the next weeks:
- Outstanding decoration will take the place over (who said "life-size alien model"?)
- Our webTV will show the matches played in the bar
- VODs will be available (i.e. Stephano playing Terran against a player from the bar last night)
- A webcam will show you the overheated atmosphere
- Partnerships with high-class tournaments will be revealed (there might be some surprises for you during HSC V…)
The address is 32 rue Albert Thomas. We're open from 5PM to 2AM. Can't wait to see you!
And if you're not convinced yet, check out the photos below