• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S1 CodeS RO32 Group F Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 13:13:50
April 12 2012 12:10 GMT
#1
TiG seems to be having trouble at the moment so today's interviews are from Leveltory. Their photos look great so that's a bonus

StartaleSquirtle

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
It was your Code S debut match. Your thoughts on moving on to the ro16?

I am so happy. I think my experience at IPL just before GSL helped a lot. Without IPL, I don’t think this result would have been possible.

Let’s talk about IPL for a bit. Are you satisfied with second place?

I am both satisfied and unsatisfied. Since I made the finals, I think I should have won. I regret taking second place. However, taking second place after getting through the open bracket is something I am satisfied about.

You played an amazing number of games. Wasn’t it difficult?

I didn’t count the number of games exactly. I woke up then played and woke up then played. I didn’t feel it in pool play. Starting with the loser’s bracket match against Nestea, I started to feel the fatigue coming on. Still, I think I did pretty well under the conditions.

You won the first match in the finals but lost the second. You had to play two best of 5s.

I was way too tired physically so I was thinking ‘I guess I can play’ but wasn’t too confident. Every match, I drank two cans of Red Bull in an attempt to ward off sleep.

Startale took second place in GSTL. You must have regrets about the situation

Of course, every person on my team must’ve felt so disappointed to even express their feelings. No one would be able to find their calm in a situation like that. However, it’s something that’s in the past so we can only move on. If we meet Prime again, we will win.

Your group today seemed difficult

I thought so too. MMA and Leenock also attended IPL so I played with the thought that we were under the same conditions. Attending IPL gave me a confidence boost. I think that’s the reason for my success today.

You didn’t get to play against Nada. You were once on the same team?

I thought about having to play him but even just practising with me in Starcraft 1 made me happy. I would’ve been very happy to play against him.

In today’s matches, you took down both a GSL champion and a runner-up.

There are still more players to beat. I am confident about my skill but currently it’s not enough. It’s my first priority to try hardest to improve skill-wise.

Which match was the most difficult?

The match against MMA was the most difficult. Losing in Set 1 hit me hard. To be honest, Sets 2 and 3 played out very well for me. Against Leenock, the back and forth on Dual Sight was the only challenging part of the match.

Yesterday, Parting who’s on the same team as you made ro16 first. Was that a stimulus for you?

I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t. I was cheering for him but at the same time, it did spur me on.

If you were to evaluate Parting’s PvT?

Even I admit that Parting’s PvT is better than mine. However, I have my own style so don’t count me out. I think I am better in the other match ups.

Your goal?

I want to make round of 4. I give myself about 50%.

Any player or race you want to play against in ro16?

Frankly, I prefer Protosses. However, I don’t want my own race to fall off so I want players that are not Protoss.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Hack who helped most with the practice. I want to say thanks to my coach and all the teammates who worked hard at IPL. I want to thank my sponsors: BenQ, Zowie Gear and Red Bull.


Source: http://leveltory.com/6414

FXOLeenock

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You are back in ro16 Code S after two seasons. How do you feel?

I was disappointed last season because I dropped out so soon. There aren’t many Zergs this season so I feel like I have to try even harder.

What was the reason for your quick elimination last season?

I worried about the finalist curse and after being runner-up, there was a feeling of complacency so I got a bit lazy. After last season, I realised I was in a dangerous spot so shaped myself up.

There were major contenders in your group. What did you think?

ZvP is easy in practice but hard in tournaments for some reason. So I worried about Squirtle a little but I was confident against Terrans. As expected, I made way too many mistakes in the ZvP.

You had a game against Nada. This is your first time against him since 2010. At the time, you lost with a 6 pool but left a strong impression.

Losing with a 6 pool in the past, I was teased a lot. I wanted to do it again if the first map had close positions. I really wanted to but it wasn’t as easy as I thought. I wasn’t brave enough (laugh)

What do you think is the reason for you weak ZvP?

I tried to practise a lot but tournaments took up too much time. With enough practice, my ZvP should be fine too.

Aren’t Protosses on your team helpful?

Honestly, Oz is great and Choya is good too. Other Protosses are good too. So I am getting a lot of help and am getting good results in practice but don’t show the same in tournaments.

Your games against MMA looked easy. Your ZvT looks to be on the rise

Lately, after MMA lost to Choya, he seems to be on a decline. I was already confident in TvZ and other factors came together for my victory. Choya told me to say this (laugh).

Your goal?

I am confident about the game so I think I can give a good showing. I think I can take the championship.

Anyone you want to battle in ro16?

Anyone not on my team is fine. But I do want to avoid Zergs. Zergs live and die together.

Anything to add?

I want to thank my fans who cheer me on. I want to thank my ‘hyungs’ on the team who helped me out with practice. I also send my thanks to FXO who support us on our travels overseas.


Source: http://leveltory.com/6425
Translator
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
April 12 2012 12:12 GMT
#2
How the hell is this so fast.
The group is still busy O_O
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 12 2012 12:12 GMT
#3
AW CRAP title is meant to be S2 not S1
Translator
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 12 2012 12:16 GMT
#4
On April 12 2012 21:12 Assirra wrote:
How the hell is this so fast.
The group is still busy O_O

I couldn't bring myself to watch a TvT so I translated during MMA vs Nada
Translator
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
April 12 2012 12:21 GMT
#5
You are so fast! =)

Nice interview, glad Squirtle is building on his recent performances and found IPL to be a great experience
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 12:22:05
April 12 2012 12:21 GMT
#6
"I was way too tired physically so I was thinking ‘I guess I can play’ but wasn’t too confident. Every match, I drank two cans of Red Bull in an attempt to ward off sleep."

Let's hope GSL head sponsor Check6IX didn't hear that.

And "Startle" -- nice typo for "Startale", haha. Too much Squirtle all around.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
April 12 2012 12:24 GMT
#7
It would be exciting to have a mc vs squirtle rematch if mc makes it through
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 12 2012 12:26 GMT
#8
On April 12 2012 21:21 Proseat wrote:
"I was way too tired physically so I was thinking ‘I guess I can play’ but wasn’t too confident. Every match, I drank two cans of Red Bull in an attempt to ward off sleep."

Let's hope GSL head sponsor Check6IX didn't hear that.

And "Startle" -- nice typo for "Startale", haha. Too much Squirtle all around.

I don't know what you're talking about
Translator
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
April 12 2012 12:30 GMT
#9
Well that was fast. Thanks for the translation!
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
TheCheapSkate
Profile Joined August 2011
Slovenia317 Posts
April 12 2012 12:30 GMT
#10
Is Red Bull sponsoring the whole team now? I thought it was only Bomber.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
April 12 2012 13:12 GMT
#11
leenock interview now up
Translator
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
April 12 2012 13:22 GMT
#12
All the races seem to be pulling together for victory. Both Squirtle and Leenock saying they'd rather not face a Protoss/Zerg respectively.

Anti-Terran fighting!!! ~~
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 13:23:43
April 12 2012 13:22 GMT
#13
Lately, after MMA lost to Choya, he seems to be on a decline. I was already confident in TvZ and other factors came together for my victory. Choya told me to say this (laugh).


KING Choya demoralising opponents to allow his teammates to win easily. #1 coach <3
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
April 12 2012 13:36 GMT
#14
Hahaha choya <3
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
April 12 2012 13:37 GMT
#15
gratz to both for getting out of this sick group
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 12 2012 13:41 GMT
#16
yayy leenock!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 12 2012 13:45 GMT
#17
Always so fast :o

It'll be interesting to see how far Squirtle can go this season
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
April 12 2012 13:50 GMT
#18
Zergs live and die together.
Now we just need Nestea to get through.

Well played Leenock! ^^
Long live the King of Wings
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
April 12 2012 13:53 GMT
#19
Choya is hilarious. Thanks for the hard work, these interviews are always good. Really admire Squirtle for being one of the only meek Protoss in the Korean scene. If you look at other star Protosses: MC, PartinG, Genius, Oz; all of them are quite confident and arrogant in their pre-match interviews sometimes to their own detriment. Even when they were on the rise, PartinG and Oz both acted very confidently. Happy for Squirtle and very understandable that he was tired in that final bo5.
Writer@joonjoewong
anApple
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore275 Posts
April 12 2012 14:09 GMT
#20
Oh my, how are you so fast? Anyway, thanks so much! Gogo Squirtle :D
huehuehue
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2084
sorry 40
Bale 28
910 16
yabsab 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 767
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0279
Livibee157
Sick144
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick810
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 13m
Stellar Fest
8h 13m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.