• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:55
CEST 20:55
KST 03:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7554 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL Season 2 Code S ro32 Group A

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 16:51:56
March 29 2012 12:56 GMT
#1
oGstheSTC

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

How do you feel about getting through such a difficult group to get into the round of 16?

You could say that I've been lucky with the draw so far but not today. Today's results are worth some recognition by the public.

Last season's winner DRG picked you out

Actually, I knew he would choose me. It made me angry and frustrated (chuckle). Then going to MLG, I hung out with MarineKing and MC and regained my confidence.

You played against a former GSL champion Jjakji in the winner's match

I didn't practise much TvT. Everyone told me that my TvT was already strong. I prepared strategies and builds for the match.

This is your first time in Code S. You must've been itching to show off

I wanted to prove something to the public. If you get eliminated immediately, people just forget you. I was tired after MLG but my coach believed in me 100%. This gave me a boost.

How was MLG?

I didn't do well but I learned a lot. Staying with other players taught me things both inside and outside the game. Losing to foreigners also made me feel that I was lacking in my fundamentals. I think I need to improve my foundations.

How do you think the ro16 group nominations will be?

Having experienced such a hard group today, I feel that it's better to play in a difficult group even if I end up losing. I hope MC chooses me. MC is difficult to play against. I have a feeling he wants to play against me too.

DRG could choose you once again

I really don't want to meet DRG again. If do though, I will win. Anyhow, I just want to play against strong opponents. I want to train myself. It's because if you become satisfied with yourself, you become stagnant.

What is your goal this season?

Realistically, I want to get to the round of 8. Winning is always the final goal.

MC said on twitter that you practised against his Zerg

It's true. MC's Zerg is very strong. Other Terran players lose to MC's Zerg frequently. We practised a lot and my win rate was about half. He told me to beat DRG no matter what.

is theSTC no longer an invisible gosu?

That's right. I am finally someone to watch out for. Still, it's a long road ahead.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Kim, Sung Hwan manager how helped me a lot at this MLG. Also, theWind helped me transition to Starcraft 2 and has taken great care of me so I'm very grateful. I was involved in an incident involving the chat on an online tournament and I wanted to apologize after actually achieving something so I've been keeping quiet. I am once again sorry. I want to thank my girlfriend and her friends who have cheered me on since my Starcraft 1 days.


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1138845

LiquidTaeja

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

How does it feel to be in ro16 Code S for the first time?

I didn't get to practise much and after losing to Jjakji in the second match, I had a mental crisis. I really thought I would be eliminated but somehow made it. I am ecstatic.

You've posted a great result as soon as you joined TeamLiquid

I am proud. In the team, Nazgul told me to focus on doing my best. So I tried to play without being affected by pressure.

How do you come to join TeamLiquid?

ESV tournament organiser (T/N: diamond?) introduced me. We hit it off.

You've found a new team which is based outside of Korea so we expect you will attend more foreign tournaments.

I think so too. TL has said that they will support me. First, it will be IPL 4 and MLG should be possible too.

Will be you be playing on oGs-TL in the next GSTL?

I think so. I will first play at home and once the next season of GSTL starts, I plan to move into the oGs house.

Mod edit: This isn't true, TaeJa plans to visit to oGs-TL house for practice now and then, but he will still live at home.

Match 2 against Jjakji was long and you weren't playing well.

I was under pressure that I had to win no matter what. My team told me to feel at ease but I think I was in a hurry to post some results.

You met DRG in the loser's match. What did you think before you started the match?

I was happy to play against a Zerg but the opponent being DRG was a bit concerning. However, losing his first game seemed to have shaken him so I thought that I stood a good chance of winning. After a comeback win in the first set, I was certain that I would win.

You met Jjakji again in the final match

I was relaxed compared to the second match. Since I won, I think I did well enough. Forgetting to research Stim did pose a big danger though.

As result, you tore through two recent champions

I am happy that oGs and TL both won side by side. oGs-TL's Terran line up was already strong but since I joined, I think it's become a little bit stronger (laugh).

Is it not your first time with ro16 group nominations?

I hope Zergs choose me. I don't like terran. I'd rather a Protoss choose me than terran. TvT takes too long. Not very fun either (chuckle).

You must expect a lot out of this season.

I feel like I am going to win. Park, Dae Man commentator said that he felt something from my play during the broadcast. And he says those players always go on to win. I think I've realised something myself lately.

Anything to add?

I want to thank ZenexLife who helped with practice. I want to thank my brother who accompanied me today and also thank Nazgul and Robin/LiquidBumblebee. I want to thank my sponsors: theLittleappfactory, Razor and TwitchTV


Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1138922
Translator
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 29 2012 12:58 GMT
#2
he looks so happy haha. thanks again!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
March 29 2012 13:00 GMT
#3
"Losing to foreigners also made me feel that I was lacking in my basics"

Pfft, flame those foreigners :D

Gratz to theSTC, he played really well.
And i have to say it again, thanks for translating, so awesome and fast.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
March 29 2012 13:04 GMT
#4
Reps of MC's zerg? :D
Talionis
Profile Joined November 2010
Scotland4085 Posts
March 29 2012 13:05 GMT
#5
Haha. MC's zerg is so sick.
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
March 29 2012 13:09 GMT
#6
Congratulations for getting out the group. I wasn't expecting it at all.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
March 29 2012 13:15 GMT
#7
It doesn't say much for Jookto and Cezanne when StC chooses to practice against an offracing MC instead of the actual Zergs on his team.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Shkudde
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands709 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 13:17:40
March 29 2012 13:16 GMT
#8
What did he say in that chat he mentioned?

Edit: I saw MC playing zerg recently, I think when he was staying at Reis's place. He is a beastly Zerg for sure...
$O$ | herO[jOin] | Zest hwaiting!
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 29 2012 13:19 GMT
#9
I want to see MC off race as Zerg sometimes.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
March 29 2012 13:19 GMT
#10
Thestc finally performing well in gsl, should have happened earlier

I want to see mc playing zerg...
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
March 29 2012 13:19 GMT
#11
that was fast.

MC offracing must be fun
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
March 29 2012 13:32 GMT
#12
Good work Taeja, he looks so happy, must be great to debut with a ro16 win :D
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 29 2012 13:44 GMT
#13
congrats to oGs-TL!!!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
xsnac
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Barbados1365 Posts
March 29 2012 13:46 GMT
#14
spoiled .. mc preparing for Hots as a zerg
1/4 \pi \epsilon_0
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
March 29 2012 13:50 GMT
#15
his interview comming?
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 14:11:11
March 29 2012 14:10 GMT
#16
Wait so if MC beat him 50% of the time as Zerg and DRG only beat him 33% is MC best Zerg player too?
MC for president
hysterial
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2044 Posts
March 29 2012 14:14 GMT
#17
If there is anything that screams "I need to get better" its losing to a foreigner. That seems to be a trend to a lot of pros at MLG.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
March 29 2012 14:18 GMT
#18
On March 29 2012 22:50 torm3ntin wrote:
his interview comming?

Please give me about at least 40 minutes once the game ends.

10 minutes for the actual interview.
15 for the interview to be transcribed and posted in Korean.
15 minutes for me to translate and post on TL.
Translator
fishuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States369 Posts
March 29 2012 14:21 GMT
#19
Holy crap, super fast translations. Thanks! Congrats to both of them, STC looks so pleased haha
CygnusAres
Profile Joined August 2011
Singapore893 Posts
March 29 2012 14:22 GMT
#20
Wow, Both HerO and TaeJa said they practiced with ZenexLife for their code S match. What's this? Hmm??
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" - Invictus. Favorite Players: TaeJa, Bogus, and Zest, Fighting!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM923
TaKeTV 380
TKL 336
IndyStarCraft 238
BRAT_OK 111
ZombieGrub14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
TKL 336
IndyStarCraft 238
MaxPax 162
BRAT_OK 111
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason38
EmSc Tv 20
ZombieGrub14
Nathanias 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 696
ggaemo 180
White-Ra 132
firebathero 107
910 55
Barracks 54
Hyun 37
Trap 28
Killer 27
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7510
crisheroes1836
Liquid`Hasu1598
Trikslyr56
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3958
singsing1430
Beastyqt776
ceh9647
B2W.Neo415
C9.Mang0160
shahzam144
ArmadaUGS144
KnowMe110
summit1g83
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream448
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 159
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix16
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2391
• TFBlade921
Other Games
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.