• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8363 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL Season 2 Code A Preliminaries

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
March 10 2012 07:26 GMT
#1
SlayerS_Soccer


[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[GSL Preliminaries]SlayerS_Soccer, “I will play like it’s my last game”

I always did better when I played at my own pace


SlayerS_Soccer has advanced from the 2012 GSL Season 2 Code A preliminaries held at the Shin-Do-Rim TechnoMart Intel eStadium on the 10th of March.

How do you feel about advancing in a long time?

It’s been such a long time that I can’t really believe it. I realised that I was under too much stress playing the game so, this time, I took it easy at home and played. That worked out for me.

We haven’t heard from you for a long time. How have you been?

When I got into Code A last time, I joined the SlayerS training house straight away and prepared for the tournament. However, I fell so disappointingly. Afterwards, I lost my sense of goal and had a hard time. This time, I will try my best with the thought that this is the last chance I get.

It’s been a while since you have joined SlayerS

Spending 4~5 months in the training house has taught me so much. I felt lost playing by myself but conversing with other people allowed me to re-learn everything from the basics.

Wish to participate in GSTL?

As I left the training house this time, I asked the coach to let me prepare only for the preliminaries. I wanted to participate in GSTL once I’d made it through the preliminaries. Since I’ve achieved that, I will work really hard to help my teammates practise.

You’ve been out of the scene for quite a long time. How did you manage?

As time passed, I thought many things. I even seemed develop feelings of regret about Warcraft 3 (chuckle). Even then, I tried my very best with the thought that this will be my last chance. At home, my older sister and other family helped me out. I was able to make it through the preliminaries like this.

Any difficult games in the preliminaries today?

Before the final match, I was winning all games 2:0 and they were all short. I spent more time waiting than playing today. In the finals, I met a player who I didn’t even know the name of and took the first game easily. However, in the second set, I fell apart against mutalisks and had a mental breakdown resulting in a GG at 50 minutes in. So, in the third set, I went pre-emptive phoenixes to stay safe against mutas but hydra/infestor came my way. I panicked greatly but the Zerg relentlessly attacked and somehow just defending led to my victory. Also, I didn’t build my cannon at the proper timing but the Zerg player also overmade lings so the game was a bit wonky (chuckle).

Do you think you can get through the round of 64 (T/N: I believe this is meant to be Ro42) this time?

I’ve always felt even from my Warcraft 3 days that I play my best when I have peace of mind. Not worrying too much about the details and trusting the moment led to better results. This time, I’ll make sure that I feel comfortable so I can practise well and play with confidence.

Anything to add?

I haven’t been able to show off any good results for a long time. I’ll play like this is my last chance and prove myself. I’m always thankful to my older sister and parents who cheer me on at home.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1121213 (‘BaneKing’)



oGsVines


[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
GSL Preliminaries]oGsVines, “Staying in Code A is the first goal”

Lately, preliminaries have become easier


oGsVines has advanced from the 2012 GSL Season 2 Code A preliminaries held at the Shin-Do-Rim TechnoMart Intel eStadium on the 10th of March as his third time in Code A.

Thoughts on getting into Code A? This is your third time.

Lately, preliminaries feel very easy. I didn’t have too many thoughts coming in to play today and had an easy time (chuchkle)

Why do you think you have an easy time in the preliminaries?

I think it’s because I’m in the preliminaries so often. I am too familiar with this place. I can play well. However, I don’t want to return any more.

You lost to oGsSupernova in last season’s round of 64 (T/N: again, I think he means ro42)

I had so much time off so it was hard for me (chuckle). I got Supernova to treat me a pizza.

In your time off, you excelled in GSTL

Lately, my games seem to go well in every aspect. I had the most wins in the online team league too. So, I wasn’t too worried about today’s preliminaries.

Yesterday, you lost in GSTL. The team lost also

That really made me depressed. Still, our team is still not out of the tournament so I shook it off quickly. We will make it through the playoffs and make the Round of 4.

How much do you expect from yourself in this season’s Code A?

Firstly, staying in Code A is the goal. This is my third time in the individual league and I want to enter the games without too much expectation.

Anything to add?

I want all my teammates in the preliminaries to do well. I would like to thank our sponsors Razor and MSI.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1121200 ('BaneKing')
Translator
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
March 10 2012 07:26 GMT
#2
3 more intervies to come
Translator
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
March 10 2012 07:44 GMT
#3
You mean round of 48, not round of 42.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 10 2012 07:58 GMT
#4
awesome thanks for this
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
March 10 2012 11:27 GMT
#5
thank you
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
March 10 2012 11:35 GMT
#6
thanks!
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
March 10 2012 11:37 GMT
#7
nice!
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
milesfacade
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom799 Posts
March 10 2012 11:51 GMT
#8
Thanks a lot
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe55
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss449
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes280
ArmadaUGS116
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1674
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 15m
OSC
4h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.