• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:55
CEST 14:55
KST 21:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7021 users

[Interview] GSTL S1 Prelim Group B Match 2 Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
February 04 2012 11:43 GMT
#1
This interview was translated from (Chinese)
http://s.163.com/12/0204/17/7PEFR3PL00314D0E.html

which was translated from (Korean)
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1091202&category=13439
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Teams Involved (No Order of Merit)
TSL
IM

The interview is with the MVPs of the team.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Interview
+ Show Spoiler +
IM_Mvp(Left) and IM_YoDa(Right) representing Team IM
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel to lead IM into Round 2?
Mvp: Very happy to be able to win the first match in GSTL. Being able to do that gives us the confidence that we can get good results for this tournament.
YoDa: Very happy to get this victory.

Q: As the first player for the team, you managed to get a three kill. Were you expecting to win so many before the match?
YoDa: The opponent team's strength lies in their Zergs, so I thought I could at least get a four kill. However, the fourth player for their team prepared really well, so I'm not too disappointed to lose that.

Q: In the third game, you even used a strategy that involved upgraded bunkers.
YoDa: That was a strategy that Jjakji wanted to use, but I used it before him. The strategy was just for facing Protosses on that particular map, and since everything fell nicely into place, I used that strategy.

Q: You were defeated by Symbol in the fourth game, and only managed to get a three kill. Are you disappointed by that?
YoDa: I wasn't disappointed about not being able to get the four kill. I was more disappointed because I lost a winnable game. My plan was originally to apply pressure, and then fall back after that, but because my scan was a little delayed, the game went the way of my opponent.

Q: You seemed to come in to play relatively early.
Mvp: I was the one who asked to play. After my recent elimination from Code S, I felt I needed an opportunity to regain my form. I feel like what I need most now are victories, and so I decided to go in early.

Q: When YoDa's momentum was really going strong, did you have any thoughts that you might not even have to play?
Mvp: To be honest, I thought he could get the all kill. He plays really well in the training house during practice. When I saw him get a three kill, I started thinking he might get an all kill, so I gave up my thoughts of being able to play today. When I saw Seed also go down though, I really wanted to go in and play. In order to find my form back, I prepared really thoroughly, and I am very happy to achieve victory in the end.

Q: Why do you think you were eliminated from the Code S tournament?
Mvp: I feel that my performance was lacking during GSL. Also, recently, I keep getting very bad headaches, not only in practice but also during tournament games. As a result, I am not able to concentrate on practising. The problem now isn't my wrist, it's my headache.

Q: It's been some time since you played an official game. Were you very nervous?
YoDa: Because it's been such a long time, I was quite nervous during the first game. Thinking back now, I have no idea what I was doing at that time.

Q: Your next opponent will be StarTale
YoDa: For our Terran opponents, we have Happy hyung and Mvp hyung, so there's nothing for me to worry about. As long as we can counter the three Protosses in StarTale properly, we should be able to beat them easily.

Mvp: If Bomber hyung plays, I will snipe him. If he is confident enough, I hope he will be the first player for their team. I will snipe him immediately. I was envious of him after watching his games yesterday. Seeing him get the first best of 9 all kill makes me feel kind of sick. Looks like I have to find a time to take care of him (laughs).

[image loading]

(Translator's Note: If you want to see more photos, go to the Chinese site (The first one listed above) and scroll down a bit. They have this picture gallery thingy with more photos. They took the pictures from thisisgame, but it's easier to navigate to the photos from the Chinese site if you don't know the languages.)

Q: Any last things you want to say?
YoDa: I want to thank the coaching team for always working hard for the team. I also want to thank my girlfriend and my family who are cheering for me at home, and also the team mates who practised with me. MLG is starting soon, and I am still considering if I should attend it. My father and my girlfriend are hoping that I will attend it, but we are going to have our match against StarTale at about that time. Personally, I don't really want to go, but if I go, I hope to win MLG, and I also hope the team will win in the competition.

Mvp: I want to thank the team mates who practised with me. I also want to thank the coaches who have been working hard for the team. I hope everyone will continue to work hard for the next match.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous interviews can be found at the following links.
+ Show Spoiler +
Round 1

Winner of SlayerS vs. FXO - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306742

Winner of oGs vs. ZeNEX - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=307200

Winner of NSHoseo vs. StarTale - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308704
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
February 04 2012 11:47 GMT
#2
Nestea in this pic more like Coach or Manager than player to me haha
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
February 04 2012 11:57 GMT
#3
... sorry, the only thing I can think of when I see that second pic is Nestea's possible thoughts, considering the front's pose.
ffxiv enjoyer
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
February 04 2012 12:00 GMT
#4
Haha I never really realised how weird a half squat looks in a group photo. Maybe a full squat like StarTaleQ last night would look better. Mvp is such a worrying character though. He seems to keep hurting all about.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
February 04 2012 12:13 GMT
#5
MVP needs glasses I guess?
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
February 04 2012 12:15 GMT
#6
haha Nestea is still napping even while the picture is being taken and he's standing >_>
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
double620
Profile Joined July 2011
China804 Posts
February 04 2012 12:19 GMT
#7
Haha
MVP hopes Bomber can play as the 1st player so that he can go and play early and get an all kill himself. I think the codeS lost really hurts him and he is now hungry for victories.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1065
WardiTV763
OGKoka 278
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
OGKoka 278
Rex 143
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2281
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 1268
Larva 888
EffOrt 643
BeSt 501
Soma 435
Jaedong 365
Mini 322
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Light 214
ZerO 192
ggaemo 152
Rush 112
Zeus 110
Killer 79
Barracks 72
Hyun 64
Shine 52
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 29
Bale 29
Yoon 24
soO 23
Aegong 23
Mong 22
PianO 19
sorry 19
Sacsri 17
Sexy 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
zelot 9
HiyA 8
Noble 7
yabsab 6
Icarus 6
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
qojqva1773
Dendi1566
BananaSlamJamma282
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin683
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes350
Other Games
singsing2238
olofmeister1253
B2W.Neo658
hiko621
Lowko341
Sick205
Pyrionflax197
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King41
Liquid`VortiX6
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream555
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH292
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2139
Other Games
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.