• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War95.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11366 users

Sleep joins CheckSix Gaming; Moving to the U.S. - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
168 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
KoDo
Profile Joined December 2010
United States683 Posts
January 27 2012 16:03 GMT
#81
On January 27 2012 16:34 mki wrote:
Holy moly this is just kind of huge!


-thats what she said
CHeeSY
Profile Joined July 2010
United States45 Posts
January 27 2012 16:04 GMT
#82
The sleeper awakes!
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
January 27 2012 16:09 GMT
#83
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
soapyy.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
January 27 2012 16:11 GMT
#84
What an awesome pickup
www.twitch.tv/sirsoapyy A little bit of soul train is in everyone.
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 27 2012 16:12 GMT
#85
Yay, CheckSix getting more competitive.
I'm sure Sleep will work his magics all day long.
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
January 27 2012 16:21 GMT
#86
Wow, xsix has to have the largest roster of any team...
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 27 2012 16:28 GMT
#87
On January 28 2012 01:09 Jedclark wrote:
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?



You really don't understand the allure of a paycheck and paid access to foreign tournaments?

Exchange programs and invites attract fan favorites and champions.

Congrats x6. GLGL
CFRD119
Profile Joined June 2010
United States97 Posts
January 27 2012 16:30 GMT
#88
Wow, congrats CheckSix!
RIP KT Violet
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
January 27 2012 16:43 GMT
#89
On January 28 2012 01:28 JonnyLaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 01:09 Jedclark wrote:
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?



You really don't understand the allure of a paycheck and paid access to foreign tournaments?

Exchange programs and invites attract fan favorites and champions.

Congrats x6. GLGL


I do, but that's not the point. CheckSix are really low down in the tier list compared to SlayerS. I guess Sleep is giving up on GSL victory and "selling out", I suppose.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
January 27 2012 16:47 GMT
#90
Holy crap yes. Does that mean sleep is coming out of hibernation? I loved watching him stream. Soooo good.
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 16:50:50
January 27 2012 16:50 GMT
#91
In case some of your don't realize this, many middle class Koreans dream of immigrating and working in the USA. Sleep's parent were probably happy that he is going to live and work in the US already at his age, it's like the most common goal of any Asian student who go to study in the USA. He did it through pro-gaming.
Missing out on the GSL is fine as long as he does well in Western tournament, the ping to KR servers should be good enough too.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Kmonx
Profile Joined October 2011
United States102 Posts
January 27 2012 16:51 GMT
#92
Great pick up CheckSix.
"Megapigs can fly, with Void Rays in the sky." - Day[9]
MaximusBlack
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada26 Posts
January 27 2012 16:58 GMT
#93
Welcome to the team Sleep!
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
January 27 2012 17:01 GMT
#94
Work hard. Don't sleep on the job
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
ArtThouAngry
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada146 Posts
January 27 2012 17:09 GMT
#95
Been looking for him to find a new team for a while. Kind of expected him ot go to LighT to be honest
Good pickup x6!
IdrA, GoOdy, Axslav FIGHTING!!!!!!!
ArtThouAngry
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada146 Posts
January 27 2012 17:11 GMT
#96
On January 28 2012 01:43 Jedclark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 01:28 JonnyLaw wrote:
On January 28 2012 01:09 Jedclark wrote:
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?



You really don't understand the allure of a paycheck and paid access to foreign tournaments?

Exchange programs and invites attract fan favorites and champions.

Congrats x6. GLGL


I do, but that's not the point. CheckSix are really low down in the tier list compared to SlayerS. I guess Sleep is giving up on GSL victory and "selling out", I suppose.

He has been looking for a team for months, so he might have been looking for a more high profile foreigner team initially. And tbh I don't blame him for "selling out" I mean come on. He can earn a lot more money in the foreign scene. His earnings from IPL3 alone are more than he has made in korean events. He made the more financially correct decision IMO.
IdrA, GoOdy, Axslav FIGHTING!!!!!!!
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
January 27 2012 17:49 GMT
#97
On January 28 2012 02:11 ArtThouAngry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 01:43 Jedclark wrote:
On January 28 2012 01:28 JonnyLaw wrote:
On January 28 2012 01:09 Jedclark wrote:
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?



You really don't understand the allure of a paycheck and paid access to foreign tournaments?

Exchange programs and invites attract fan favorites and champions.

Congrats x6. GLGL


I do, but that's not the point. CheckSix are really low down in the tier list compared to SlayerS. I guess Sleep is giving up on GSL victory and "selling out", I suppose.

He has been looking for a team for months, so he might have been looking for a more high profile foreigner team initially. And tbh I don't blame him for "selling out" I mean come on. He can earn a lot more money in the foreign scene. His earnings from IPL3 alone are more than he has made in korean events. He made the more financially correct decision IMO.


Not the athletically correct decision though, imo.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
CHeeSY
Profile Joined July 2010
United States45 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 19:06:42
January 27 2012 19:05 GMT
#98
On January 28 2012 00:46 hysterial wrote:
Great pickup for X6, but I am realy dissapointed, theres no way sleep will come anywhere close to his skill with Slayers with a roster consisting of mostly Na GMs, Major, Thisisjimmy, and a couple publicity pickups(HD/MB/Ailuj). I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.


There are many high level performers on Check Six that will provide an excellent training atmosphere for Sleep. As you can see based on our ESEA performances, Mystik, Suppy, and Mkengyn - to name a few - are all oustanding talents that have gone toe-to-toe with many high-level Korean players.
KeyHunt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States218 Posts
January 27 2012 20:07 GMT
#99
On January 28 2012 01:43 Jedclark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 01:28 JonnyLaw wrote:
On January 28 2012 01:09 Jedclark wrote:
I can't comprehend the thought process that made him leave SlayerS to join Checksix. Checksix are a decent team, don't get me wrong, but to leave SLAYERS?



You really don't understand the allure of a paycheck and paid access to foreign tournaments?

Exchange programs and invites attract fan favorites and champions.

Congrats x6. GLGL


I do, but that's not the point. CheckSix are really low down in the tier list compared to SlayerS. I guess Sleep is giving up on GSL victory and "selling out", I suppose.


Because openly admitting he is not ready for the GSL is him "selling out"? Come on lol.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 27 2012 20:26 GMT
#100
Am I crazy or was sleep on IM before slayers?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 329
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37095
Calm 7906
Bisu 2181
Rain 1731
Jaedong 1209
Horang2 625
BeSt 543
FanTaSy 522
Larva 384
Rush 361
[ Show more ]
Soma 320
Stork 304
Light 298
Snow 193
Zeus 187
ZerO 167
Barracks 140
Free 116
910 95
Mind 83
Killer 71
Mong 56
Sea.KH 51
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 32
Aegong 28
Terrorterran 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Sexy 16
sorry 16
Rock 12
Noble 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6618
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
fl0m2711
olofmeister903
Other Games
gofns33122
singsing2338
B2W.Neo883
hiko409
Lowko353
crisheroes309
Mlord235
Hui .154
Livibee115
RotterdaM89
djWHEAT85
Mew2King76
DeMusliM73
QueenE43
Trikslyr16
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4322
• Jankos2630
• TFBlade648
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 12m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.